Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ranchugirl

The Shubunkin

I just stared my old 45 gallon (repaired) aquarium to house my two comets. I am also testing out a new cabinet stand that I designed. They were just laying around on the bottom and were sort of freaked out with the new home so I bought a couple of Shubunkins for friends. I figured they would be dither fish for the comets. My idea worked well. The comets calmed down within a couple of hours and actually went searching for food. I always wanted Shubies but I know they will outgrow the 45. I also have an empty 75 on hand which I can use for them in the future.

Guest jake n bake

is it true shubunkins r only compatible with others and common/comets??? cuz i researched no fancys with shubunkins which i have. My shubunkins swim fast!!!!

is it true shubunkins r only compatible with others and common/comets??? cuz i researched no fancys with shubunkins which i have. My shubunkins swim fast!!!!

It's probably a good idea to keep shubunkins with only others and common/commets. I used to have some black moors with my shubunkins, but my shubunkins nearly killed them off by starving them. I had to give away my black moors:(

Thanks

I just realized (due to your post) that my fish is a Shuby too

Here is a pic of him.

He's the boss of the tank.

100_0610.jpg

Lol it looks just like my boss of the tank, except mine is about twice as fat and a bit longer

Here's my shubunkin Palora :)

Picture5.png

Picture7.png

The other shubie in the second picture is Zeus.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures- they were taken with my phone. Palora's not button eyed either, it's probably the poor lighting and my shoddy camera :undecided:

Thanks

I just realized (due to your post) that my fish is a Shuby too

Here is a pic of him.

He's the boss of the tank.

100_0610.jpg

Got to love the fins on that fish! Great pic.

Great post. Shubbies are one of my favorite singletails. :)