Sign in to follow this  
DieselPlower

How fast do various foods dissolve in the tank experiment.

29 posts in this topic

The above picture is about 47 hours later. Both sinking pleco foods have discolored the water badly but the Wardley is in much better shape. The terra koi vibrance has also discolored it's water noticeably more than the remaining foods. The Wardley floating goldfish floating pellet and the hikari lionhead seem to have held up the best, with the hikari water being much more clear and the pellet remains in better shape. The tiny terra granuals are so small they have made no real mess to speak if. I probably should have measure the food and used the same weight if each food to do a more fair test. When I get home from work tonight I will test all if the glasses for ammonia.

Interesting; the NLS small fish formula that I feed neither swells nor leaches anything.

I don't think I would notice it in the main tank but I put mine into a little paper cup and add a tiny amount of water, the water turns brown within minutes. The NLS doesn't swell too much, not like the saki hikari which easily doubles.

Ah well, when I soak pellets I typically fill up the cup.

This is interesting. Thank you for sharing your experiment with us.

I'm sorry everyone! I didn't get a chance to test for ammonia. Things got busy and then I had to clean up around the house. I will do this again later.