Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Hidr

One baby

5 posts in this topic

Been feeding it crunched flake food. However this weekend I well be able to go get some frozen brine shrimp and First Bites. I well do the egg thing today.

There are MTS in the tank to eat the left overs. But any tips to keep from there being to many left overs? I have seen the baby eating off the class and algae off the plants. It looks about the size of a 4 day old and that sounds about right.

Any other tips would be great. Thank you.

Hi hide, feed less but more often . No left overs.

Good luck with your little one! Are you going to keep him/her in the main tank? If not, I like the suggestion that was made to me…fill 2 containers and transfer the fry every 2 days to the clean one…and replace the water in the dirty one. I try to feed mine just enough so I don't have leftovers, but I find it nearly impossible. This keeps the water conditions just right until you are ready for filter, etc.

I have 35 that are 2 wks old. Before long I'll be begging you to let me drive some up and let you mother them! :) I have been talking to people at work about finding homes for them, but no one knows/cares how to handle GF. I think they would definitely end up in a bowl. :thumbdown

Happy Birthday!

Erin

Going to keep my little guy and move him to the main tank when he is big enough.Been doing small water changes daily with a cup so I can look in the cup and make sure he is not in it. Don't want to scoop him up and stress him. Maybe when he is bigger.

Two of my goldfish from the main tank well be going to my little pond in the spring.

Good luck, Angie! :)