Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fantailfan1

Eureka! One Fry

Congrats on the little guy!! May Waldo grow big and strong and handsome!

I wanted to post this for Tammy. This is one if those plants I bought that I later found out should be grown partially emersed. I finally found a way to do it. :nana

upa4aby8.jpg

Alyssa made some spawning mops for me just in case. :ehh

yrutude8.jpg

When can I add an air stone? He is 4 days old today. :)

The real question is "When can I ship him to Jared?" :lol2

The answer to that? NEVER!! Muahahahahahahaha! :lol2

Should have some more BBS for him soon. :teehee

Cute baby fish setup :heart

Couldn't get a very good pic today as I decided to do every other day WCs with a partial WC done today.
a4eqe8uq.jpg

The BBS aren't ready yet. :o

Here's a quick bad video. :rofl You can kinda see him at the back of the tank. You see him better once he swims in front of the green part. :idont I think I see one BBS jumping around too. :rofl There were some that hatched just not very many yet.

He's waiting for those shrimp! :rofl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big belly :heart

And looks longer :nana

The top 2 pics he was in a champagne glass :peeka and I kinda think he looks elongated in the 2nd pic. But the bottom one is true size, next to a piece of duckweed. :rofl

Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can find some sort of square plain glass container. The thing I took the bottom pic in would be perfect but it's plastic so you can only see him clearly from above. :idont.

I told the kids it was divine intervention giving them a snow day today. It was the fry gods making sure Waldo got a couple of extra meals from the kids while I was at work. :rofl3

I told the kids it was divine intervention giving them a snow day today. It was the fry gods making sure Waldo got a couple of extra meals from the kids while I was at work. :rofl3

:rofl:feedme

The top 2 pics he was in a champagne glass :peeka and I kinda think he looks elongated in the 2nd pic. But the bottom one is true size, next to a piece of duckweed. :rofl

Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can find some sort of square plain glass container. The thing I took the bottom pic in would be perfect but it's plastic so you can only see him clearly from above. :idont.

I use Glasslock containers. Mine have ml measurements on the side, so it's great for adding Prime or anything else you need to:) You can see them from the side very easily too. Great for taking photos. If you put a piece of white paper under it, you can see every detail.

I rearranged things a bit so when you look in my kitchen you see the tanks instead of the brine shrimp hatchery. :rofl. I also added an air stone to Waldo's tank last night, with an air control valve so there isn't much movement but just a titch.

9ana4yse.jpg

7u3ajava.jpg

a7avu9a4.jpg

When I do WCs (which I do every other night) I use water from the main tank as the temps are usually within about 0.5* and the pH is matched perfectly. My tap and tank pH are about 0.5ish apart and my tap is lower than the tank so I'd rather not expose him to that. :)

He's doing well. Now if I would just have better luck with my BBS. :idont

I rearranged things a bit so when you look in my kitchen you see the tanks instead of the brine shrimp hatchery. :rofl. I also added an air stone to Waldo's tank last night, with an air control valve so there isn't much movement but just a titch.

9ana4yse.jpg

7u3ajava.jpg

a7avu9a4.jpg

When I do WCs (which I do every other night) I use water from the main tank as the temps are usually within about 0.5* and the pH is matched perfectly. My tap and tank pH are about 0.5ish apart and my tap is lower than the tank so I'd rather not expose him to that. :)

Hopefully Miss FishWish will chime in on the bbs hatchery. She's had great success right out of the gate.

Yeah she's been busy with her 34 fry. I'm jealous! :rofl I'll see if raising the lamp above the hatcheries helps at all. If not, I'm going to have to pester her . . . :rofl3

I use Glasslock containers. Mine have ml measurements on the side, so it's great for adding Prime or anything else you need to:) You can see them from the side very easily too. Great for taking photos. If you put a piece of white paper under it, you can see every detail.

Thanks! I missed this post earlier. I'll look for those. :nana

:goodluck Lisa

I love the new setup :)

D'aaawwww, exciting!! :wub:

At one week we need a sude by side comparison photo so we can see how fast he has growed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Looking good :D

I rearranged things a bit so when you look in my kitchen you see the tanks instead of the brine shrimp hatchery. :rofl. I also added an air stone to Waldo's tank last night, with an air control valve so there isn't much movement but just a titch.9ana4yse.jpg7u3ajava.jpga7avu9a4.jpg

Hopefully Miss FishWish will chime in on the bbs hatchery. She's had great success right out of the gate.

Love your set up Lisa! Do you guys have to eat out a lot? LOL

I second the side by side comparison photo! :D

Here he is Day 6. I'm also uploading a video but I don't know how well you'll be able to see him. The things in the pic that look like dust are the BBS. :rofl

I'll do a side by side tomorrow night. And unfortunately that mess takes up less the half if my counter space so I'm still expected to cook. Made spaghetti tonight. The good news is I can see him while I'm cooking. :rofl

qu5ydady.jpg

Here's the video. Very blurry. Couldn't get it to focus on him. But you can see the BBS bouncing around and how jerky his movements are. :teehee

One of these days I'll get the real camera out. :donthit:

So cute :wub:

Keep up the good work :thumbs:

So awesome lisa!!