Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fantailfan1

Eureka! One Fry

Congratulations Lisa! I'm looking forward to watching Waldo grow :D

Congrats! I had a lone hatcher my first time out and having just him made him quite a special little guy:) That's amazing that you got an "intake" egg to hatch. I don't even bother trying with them. You must have the magic touch:)

Here's my set up. :rofl

Two tanks so I can transfer him from one tank to the next each day, changing 100% of the water when he's not in there. And waaaay to the right my lovely brine shrimp hatchery.

esygygut.jpg

Does a fry need a 100% change everyday?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Does a fry need a 100% change everyday?

It's doubtful that water quality will deteriorate that fast with one fry, but why not change the water if you can?

Your husband must love having these tanks all over the house. :rofl3

There just so much junk on the floor of the tank from the plants I guess and it's such a pain to siphon it out with airline tubing. It's easier just to change 3 gallons. :idont

Your husband must love having these tanks all over the house. :rofl3

He didnt even ask what the brine shrimp thing is. :rofl

I was wondering what he did when he came home? :rofl

:yikes:o:tantrum

Congrats on your new baby.

He asked about something that happened at school with Colin then went and changed his clothes. Finally at dinner he asked what it was. After I said it's a shrimp hatchery for the baby fish, he just went about getting his pizza without saying a word. :rofl

I think after 10 years of this GF business, getting rid of my 90 only to get a 75 a few years later, nothing surprises him anymore. :rofl3

He asked about something that happened at school with Colin then went and changed his clothes. Finally at dinner he asked what it was. After I said it's a shrimp hatchery for the baby fish, he just went about getting his pizza without saying a word. :rofl

I think after 10 years of this GF business, getting rid of my 90 only to get a 75 a few years later, nothing surprises him anymore. :rofl3

Love it :thumbs: As it should be :nana

Congrats! I wonder what he's going to look like :D How exciting.

Here's my set up. :rofl

Two tanks so I can transfer him from one tank to the next each day, changing 100% of the water when he's not in there. And waaaay to the right my lovely brine shrimp hatchery.

esygygut.jpg

Waldo would like his Brine shrimp toasted, please :rofl3

:rofl. Well good thing it's right next to his tank then. :rofl

I added a small heater to his tank cuz it was only 65*. :yikes. I'm so glad I checked it. :o. I had bought the heater for the BBS but I think he needs it more. His tank is now up to 71*. I might go buy him one more of the small heaters to get him to the mid 70s and then I'll get a 25 W heater for once he's in the full 10 gallons. Assuming he makes it that far. :o

I'm also going to make some spawning mops so I can hopefully get more than one fry next time Waddles is chasing Bobbie. Which will be soon. :rofl

I know, I noticed it in the pick right next to the spatulas. That's how my kitchen looked a few months ago with Cho-Cho in one QT and the Nerites in the other while I Prazi'd the main tanks.

Did you notice the infrared thermometer used for taking precise measurements of Waldo's tank temp? :rofl

At this rate you will have more money in this fry than you have in your main tank before he is big enough to transfer lol no one could ask for a more dedicated fish mom.

:rofl. So far less than $20 and you can always use a heater for a 10 gallon, right? I thought I had one but it's in the betta tank. :rofl. I have a couple of larger ones for the 20 long and the 75 but nothing small enough for the 10 that he will hopefully be in someday.

But, yeah, ounce for ounce, he will be my most expensive fish. :rofl3

Did you notice the infrared thermometer used for taking precise measurements of Waldo's tank temp? :rofl

Only the best for Waldo!

My husband uses it to check the pan temp when he makes omelets. Too much Good Eats with Alton Brown. :rofl

My husband uses it to check the pan temp when he makes omelets. Too much Good Eats with Alton Brown. :rofl

Hahahahahaha

Good morning Waldo. I think I see your swim bladder forming. Hopefully your BBS will be ready this afternoon or evening. :feedme

qa5a3e7a.jpg

I love him! It's hard to believe that they start so small.

Awww good morning Waldo :) He sure looks like a happy camper.

I kinda feel like when I was first pregnant. You feel like the only person in the world that's every been pregnant/had a fry before. :rofl3