Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FishWish

Nemo and Nola have babies!

Happy 3 months to the babies!!! Their actual birthday was the 15th so I'm a bit behind. :teehee

I'm actually feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. For those who haven't heard, I'm expecting our third child in November. The nausea has been rough this time and water changes are brutal. Normal fish smell has never bothered me until now. And with the fry still in the 20g so daily water changes are still a must. So, I've been looking for homes for these little guys. I gave 4 away about a week and a half ago, and without any other leads my husband posted an ad on the university's message board and we've gotten 8 responses in 20 minutes and 2 people have large ponds! I'm so excited...just overwhelmed trying to organize who gets what and how many and what their set ups are like, etc. Wish me luck as I send my babies to their new homes!

Edited by FishWish

Good luck in rehoming the babies Erin! :D

I hope that you find them great homes!

Ooh how lucky that you found somebody with a pond! Good luck finding homes for everybody! :D

Edited by Tuba Toothpaste

Oh good luck! I can't believe you are still doing daily WCs. :thud

Now that is dedication. :heart

Thanks, Lisa. It's been a pain in the tush for a long time now. :crazy: I probably should have followed through with Tammy's advice and moved to larger sterilite bins…but that was really where my husband probably would have drawn the line. :lol3 So, I just kept the 20L (that I really love) and did the w/c. I drained about 90% each time…so I would set the timer on my watch to beep when I knew the level was getting low. That way I could run around the house checking on the kids while I did it. :tomuch:

All of the fry are spoken for…I even have arrangements made for the one's with spiky dorsals to go to ponds! I am so excited. I keep going back and forth on keeping Lulu. There is no way that I can upgrade to a bigger tank any time soon…so that means I would have to do the rotation idea we discussed. Keeping one in the 20L and 2 in the 29. :idont If the little girl that comes today is super sweet and cute maybe I will gift Lulu to her. I like the idea of someone getting to enjoy my favorite. :)

Thanks, Lisa. It's been a pain in the tush for a long time now. :crazy: I probably should have followed through with Tammy's advice and moved to larger sterilite bins…but that was really where my husband probably would have drawn the line. :lol3 So, I just kept the 20L (that I really love) and did the w/c. I drained about 90% each time…so I would set the timer on my watch to beep when I knew the level was getting low. That way I could run around the house checking on the kids while I did it. :tomuch:

All of the fry are spoken for…I even have arrangements made for the one's with spiky dorsals to go to ponds! I am so excited. I keep going back and forth on keeping Lulu. There is no way that I can upgrade to a bigger tank any time soon…so that means I would have to do the rotation idea we discussed. Keeping one in the 20L and 2 in the 29. :idont If the little girl that comes today is super sweet and cute maybe I will gift Lulu to her. I like the idea of someone getting to enjoy my favorite. :)

I'm sure she could stay in the 29 for a while, if you really wanted to keep her.

I'm sure she could stay in the 29 for a while, if you really wanted to keep her.

Are you giving me hope???? :hummm:greenbanana:

Are you giving me hope???? :hummm:greenbanana:

I still have my two fry in the 40b. Just keep checking your levels, and change the water accordingly. A single small fry (lol) isn't going to make your bioload change overnight. You will probably have a nice while before you need to upgrade, and even if it does come sooner than you'd hoped, you have the 20L as backup. If you want her, keep her.

I love your logic!!! :heart

First group of visitors are coming at 10:30 today. Fingers crossed!

Congratulations on your human baby too! :wub:

Awe…thanks so much!! :D

I've put Lulu in the main tank. Mom and Dad are leaving her alone. She seems a little out of sorts getting used to the space and the filters. But, I'm sure she'll feel at home soon. Thanks for the enabling, Tammy! :D That was just the convincing I needed!! So happy now!

Oh, good. I'm so glad! :heart

Now, you know that we'll need photos, once you have her all settled in...

Definitely!

The first visit went really well. It was a couple in their 50's who were getting a few fish for the husband's mom. His mother lost her husband about 2 years ago, and they got her into keeping goldfish as a hobby to distract her from her sadness. She now has 3 tanks, and these people knew all of the right things about keeping GF. I was so impressed. Yay! :greenbanana:

Next visit begins in 45 min!

That's awesome! Did they take any home with them?

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooo glad Tammy was around to enable help you decide to keep Lulu! I would have said the same thing! :nana

Hahahaha! I'm glad that I'm not the only one! I was waiting to be beaten with the Koko stick! :rofl3

Hahahaha! I'm glad that I'm not the only one! I was waiting to be beaten with the Koko stick! :rofl3

I think it's somewhere in the Rules of the Forum:

If your fish have fry, you are required to keep at least one of them. :D

:lol2

That's awesome! Did they take any home with them?

They did! They got some of the best...well my faves, anyway.

I think it's somewhere in the Rules of the Forum:

If your fish have fry, you are required to keep at least one of them. :D

:lol2

I knew there must be something like this. :teehee It didn't feel right entertaining the idea of not keeping one. I just want to be responsible. But, if I can do daily w/c for 3 months plus another tank. I can do w/c on 1 tank every 4-5 days for sure. I also feel like my hobby is kind of being put on the back burner with our surprise on the way...and it's hard to imagine a time when I get to go at it again full force with a new big fancy set up, etc. But, it will happen! I will try to get pics of the happy family (fish that is) up soon!

Guess who's spawning again?? And now the couple has no privacy with their little one in the tank. :yikes

Guess who's spawning again?? And now the couple has no privacy with their little one in the tank. :yikes

Lol! My goldies decided to spawn again today too! I didn't bother getting the eggs out this time though, I just let the fishes eat them lol. I already have 1 batch of fry I'm raising, so I just didn't feel like going through the trouble. xD

:rofl Just in time since you just got rid of Round 1. :rofl

:rofl Just in time since you just got rid of Round 1. :rofl

Oh, no ma'am! I don't have it in me. I now understand how much work having fry really is. And, increased cost of marriage counseling. :rofl

Happy 3 months to the babies!!! Their actual birthday was the 15th so I'm a bit behind. :teehee

I'm actually feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. For those who haven't heard, I'm expecting our third child in November. The nausea has been rough this time and water changes are brutal. Normal fish smell has never bothered me until now. And with the fry still in the 20g so daily water changes are still a must. So, I've been looking for homes for these little guys. I gave 4 away about a week and a half ago, and without any other leads my husband posted an ad on the university's message board and we've gotten 8 responses in 20 minutes and 2 people have large ponds! I'm so excited...just overwhelmed trying to organize who gets what and how many and what their set ups are like, etc. Wish me luck as I send my babies to their new homes!

OMG! I did not know that you are expecting!!! Yay! Congratulations Erin :Jig: