Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FishWish

Nemo and Nola have babies!

The first ten seconds show Spike #2 (a nacreous fry with a black dot on his/her forehead). Then Spike #1 enters (large metallic with a spiked dorsal)…then lots of other cuties showing off!

I lurve them!!!!

:D thanks Tammy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fry are changing, and I can now tell some of them apart. :thumb: So I thought I’d introduce you to a few members of the gang. The pics aren’t very good…an iphone camera is no match for zippy little fish.

First up, is Lisa Left Eye…who was a bit shy. :idont She has a little black patch above her left eye and a spunky attitude that I believe she got from her namesake. :hmm

c4049e23-1b1c-41c3-935d-6f79c17c2f4b_zps

Second, is Lulu…the true diva of the tank. She and one other metallic are my 2 most Ryukin shaped fry. Lulu is one of the largest and is a princess.

3ee3b018-6efd-48e7-aced-6b5641812e8d_zps

I decided on a 100% w/c for the 20 long so the whole gang ended up in the 5 g.

IMG_2043_zpsaaf9e6a6.jpg

Keeping water params in check has been a challenge to say the least. 34 in a 20g is not ideal. I'm spiking nitrites up to 4ppm within 24 hours unless I do post feeding water changes of about 25%. Let's see…that's daily 90% w/c, and I've been doing 2 daily 20-25% w/c. Oh, and adding extra Prime. I am tired. :yawn Love these pugs but it's not for the faint of heart. :wub:

There are a few that are getting nice looking calico coloring. As of right now, I'll be keeping Lulu. :D

They look great!

:hi Lisa and Lulu. :teehee

They are soooo big and they look fantastic! You have done such a wonderful job!! :clapping:

I wonder what Waldo would think if we tossed him in there with all those fry. :yikes. :rofl3

Time for a HOB. :)

When I upload to YouTube from my iPhone, there is an HD option. I just choose that one. :idont

^^ :bingo:

They are so stinking cute!!! :heart how have I missed this thread?!?!

Sounds like it's time for an upgrade! Get two big sterilite bins--they're cheap, and they work well. I don't envy all those water changes. :rofl3

Sounds like it's time for an upgrade! Get two big sterilite bins--they're cheap, and they work well. I don't envy all those water changes. :rofl3

That is a great idea. Why can't I think of the simple solutions?!? Tammy to the rescue! :D

I am so glad that your babies are doing well. It has been such an enjoyable experience to follow their progress with you! I guess LuLu shows that there are indeed ryukin in your genetic background! Now is the time to calculate who on Koko's has extra tank space, and dispense with the fry accordingly. :krazy:

Things that make you go hummm.

edy5aheb.jpg

Think I should do a head count??

I think it's been awhile since I've seen this thread.
They are getting so big. That's neat that your keeping at least one of them. Lulu is adorable. Love the cat photo above. :wub:

Oh, and I stand corrected…in my previous post…my husband pointed out that if I were a true fan I should know that it's "things that make you go hmmm". :teehee C&C would be so disappointed! :rofl3

Oh, and I stand corrected…in my previous post…my husband pointed out that if I were a true fan I should know that it's "things that make you go hmmm". :teehee C&C would be so disappointed! :rofl3

I noticed that but I wasn't going to say anything!! Ya gotta love the 90s! :rofl

That cat pic is :lol2

Your fry look great! And I can see why you're keeping Lulu, she's beautiful, can't wait to see what she looks like when she's a bit older :D

I noticed that but I wasn't going to say anything!! Ya gotta love the 90s! :rofl

That cat pic is :lol2

You two are two peas in a pod. :SmackBottom:

I LOVE Lulu! Now where's Geek???? lol

I LOVE Lulu! Now where's Geek???? lol

:rofl3 We DO have a GEEK!!! I'll have to get a picture!

OMG! They're huge! I wonder if mine will ever get that big :nana

Do you have any favorite fry :ignore

I like the matte ones :)

I just posted a video update above…the fry are now about a week shy of 3 months now. :yikes I have been able to bond with a few, and those have been given names. :wub: They are all getting bigger…though the size discrepancies are becoming more pronounced. I have a few runts now, and the nacreous fry are really turning orange. I feed a lot of crushed NLS thera A so maybe that is contributing some. A major development in my personal life has led me to begin finding these guys homes ASAP. I have 4 promised to a lady at work. She is buying her niece a tank and gifting two and keeping two.

Aub - my favorite is Lulu…look at her picture a few posts back. I am still trying to decide if I will keep her or not. :idont

Edited by FishWish

Her favorite one is Lisa, of course. :rofl

:cry Lulu

:rofl3

They look great!! :nana

:peeka Sorry to post on your baby thread but I need bbs advise on my fry thread :please

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

BTW. ... You should totally keep Lulu :heart she's wonderful!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk