Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FishWish

Nemo and Nola have babies!

I agree, you're doing a great job! :D Keep us updated!

Fry are 10 days today!! :clapping: They are doing awesome. Last night I spied pectoral fins for the first time. :wub: They are so tiny the little fins are translucent...you can only see them when they are moving..it's the cutest thing!

I have them in a clear sterilite tub and another clean tub ready to go...moving them back and forth every two days. I have gotten better at the transfer and everything goes smoothly. An official head count has not been done...but last time I tried I got 34 twice. OMG! :yikes What am I going to do with all of these sweet babies???

The transfer is so scary. You can't tell someone how to do it. You have to "feel the moment". lol

I am so happy to hear that you have 34 at 10 days! Congrats:) Those are some great numbers. Way to rock!

Wahoo! Sounds like those cute little peanuts are doing great!

:nana You're going to need a nice big pond!

.... little guys are stuffed like a tick with live brine shrimp (all of the orange is dinner)! How's that for some "Love" food?!?! :rofl

Looks great . They should do very well with that menu...

Day 14 Update! The official fry count is 35!!! All 35 appear to be behaving normally, and I am preparing to start a QT with Prazi Pro in a 20 long tank. Due to Winter Storm Leon (snowpocalypse of the deep south :lol3 ), all schools around here have been closed for 2 days and are again tomorrow! We have been stuck at home, but hopefully Friday I will have time to get the 20g tank.

Here are a few new pics…it's amazing how different the fry look depending on the angle of the shot and the magnification...

2043afcd-066b-49a8-ba53-adfbc15bd6b8_zps28636256-63c9-47ee-829b-b970ae506095_zps

Mouth closed...816cce9b-6e27-4fb8-a8d8-5db65bdf2fd6_zps

Mouth open! :laugh:7873b0dd-b6ac-4832-8425-013155c5f85d_zps

:clapping:

Love the mouth open shot. :rofl

My one fry :teehee seems to have so much more color than yours. :idont

And I'm glad to see how the ends of their *ahem* digestive tracts look kinda red on your fry also. :teehee I was a little worried. Look at those bellies and the swim bladder is soooo big. :rofl3

Thanks for the pics! :nana

Little cuties!!!! That mouth open shot is awesome :D

It's day 17!!! Took this video yesterday through the "clear" plastic tub. The fry are doing well. Dorsal fins are definitely growing now!!! It's amazing how fast they grow.

They are so big!! They look great!! :nana

Awesome! They look like they're doing great. The music is a cute touch also. :teehee

Now, how big of a pond will you need for all of them? :rofl

They look amazing! You're doing such a great job with them. :)

Soooo cool! And cute! :teehee

I can't believe I haven't followed this thread well at all. :blush: you've been doing a great job. :D

They are so big!! They look great!! :nana

Thanks, Lisa! Is it official….does Waldo have a dorsal???

Awesome! They look like they're doing great. The music is a cute touch also. :teehee

Thanks so much! Glad you like the music :lol: This is my first video upload to You Tube, and I had no idea they just give you music to choose from!! I was going for the Nat Geo documentary vibe. :lol3

Now, how big of a pond will you need for all of them? :rofl

I've got it bad :crazy: I'm not a breeder…how can I cull??? I've got a half blind dog and an 11 year old cat with arthritis. I would nurse any little creature along unless they were suffering… So, if you've got room…I'll be getting shipping supplies ready!! :lol3

They look amazing! You're doing such a great job with them. :)

Thanks, Tammy! Been thinking of you!

Soooo cool! And cute! :teehee

I can't believe I haven't followed this thread well at all. :blush: you've been doing a great job. :D

Glad you enjoyed. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing my routine fresh water transfer to my 5 gallon tank instead of these tubs…hoping to get clearer video and pics!

Waldo is 11 days old and I think you said you first noticed dorsals at about 2 weeks. I *think* I see the beginning of a dorsal . . .

Have you named yours yet? :lol:

Definitely had that Nat Geo vibe. :teehee

Have you named yours yet? :lol:

You are SO wrong for this! :SmackBottom:

Congrats on your fry hatching Erin. Good luck with the tiny eyelashes.

The fry are 3 weeks old today!! They now officially look like fish! And, they have begun to EAT! :Scoff: Of course, they always have, but I would feed BBS and come back hours later to find some in the tank...now they devour every bite...ravenous little things! I have run out of BBS eggs so for these last two day they have been dining on First Bites and frozen BBS while the eggs are on their way. I'm sure they prefer the fresh...but so far they are not picky. :clapping:

I feel really jinxed about my attempt to purchase a 20g long tank. Our town has a Petsmart and Petco and neither have any in stock and have no idea when they might get one in. :madrant And, I can't figure out if it is just laziness or incompetence. If you guys know of an online place I could order one, that would be a huge help.

I think I am going to just fill the 5 gallon all the way (it's 3/4 full now) and go for the Prazi treatment...hate to wait any longer.

:nana yay for 3 weeks! Now where are the pics? :bat:

That's crazy about the 20 long . . . Do you have a locally owned pet store that could order one for you? :idont I don't think anyone really sells glass aquariums online. Shipping would be too much of a pain in the :booty

You could use a large Sterilit bin for a while. :idont

They are looking great and are getting so big! I hope you can find a 20 gallon tank at a good price without having to order online. I think Lisa is right about the shipping... it might be expensive.

YAY BABIES! More pics please! :heart

Glass Cages sells aquariums online. Their website is their name with a ".com" at the end. Shipping is a pain in the tush though. I would check your local places first.

YAY BABIES! More pics please! :heart

Glass Cages sells aquariums online. Their website is their name with a ".com" at the end. Shipping is a pain in the tush though. I would check your local places first.

Thanks, Chelsea! I am going to go back to our local stores this weekend, and I just realized I've got a trip about an hour south soon...so I can check stores there too. I've given up trying to use the 5 gallon tank I have. The sterilite tubs are a lot easier to manage because the dimensions make it shallower with easier access from the top.

Started Prazi today. All is well!!! More pics soon...this week has been wild, and I've hardly been online at all.

I'd suggest checking out sites like Kijiji or Craigslist. A lot of people are selling tanks between 20 and 30 gallons. A 20 long might be a bit tricky, though.

Glad the Prazi is going well:) It's nice to know the flukes are covered:)