Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
xjasminex

Love is in the water and now i have fry....

A few days ago my fish decided that laying eggs was fun and they laid at last two batches at different times....

None looked fertilized but apparently some got spermed....

Now i have fry. I have caught at least eleven fry and placed them in a large net that is resting in the tank, we will see if they survive.

Im not doing anything extra but make sure nitrates stay low and putting them in the tank, ill let nature decide the rest.

Fry Photo!

th_374cb319-55ce-42d0-b829-462c6d939779_

Edited by xjasminex

Click on the pic, you will then be able to see the fry!

I forgot how small they are when they first hatch :o So very cute.

I hope they make it :)

congrats! :)

Congrats!!! :nana

Thanks guys!

We will see what happens, of course i have to go away for the weekend though.....that happened the last time i had fry.... =[

They got spermed :rofl Good one!

:Congrats:

Hey at least you haven't had those fish 'sperm' in your hands and have it splashed all over! I added handspawning to the list of the strangest things I've ever done for my fish.

And it's milted! :rofl

Congratulations on having fry! You have a lot of fun ahead of you. :D

Hey at least you haven't had those fish 'sperm' in your hands and have it splashed all over! I added handspawning to the list of the strangest things I've ever done for my fish.

Hehe, yeah, I called my mom down to watch me do it to my fish. :ehh She declined, but found it both funny and a little unsettling. :rofl

I would have hated to plash it all over me. When I got done and was emptying the buckets, I thought "This is full of . . .fish sperm. My hands and arms must have sperm on them. All over them . . . :wacko: " It was quite a way to start off my Saturday morning. :rofl

congrats on the fry :)

if you have a plant with algae on it add it to your breeders net,they will eat the microorganisms on it for a few days, then I would start up some baby brine shrimp ;)

If they survive the weekend without me there I'll probably start boiled egg yolk, but I'll have to read up on it more. I'm not sure if I can get baby brine shrimp...I did put some floating plants in with them for cover. Hopefully that will be enough for them.

Congratulations on the fry.

Congrats, Jasmine! :clapping: I'm excited to see your fry grow, and I like the idea of a net in the main tank. I had fry hatch on Wednesday...they are in a separate tank where i had placed the eggs.

Wishing you the best of luck!

If they survive the weekend without me there I'll probably start boiled egg yolk, but I'll have to read up on it more. I'm not sure if I can get baby brine shrimp...I did put some floating plants in with them for cover. Hopefully that will be enough for them.

Mine managed to eat a combination of algae, repashy, and ground up pellets. Boiled egg yolk will make a gigantic mess, so unless you plan on separating them into a new container, I wouldn't try it. Lol!

I didn't even know that I had fry, until months later. LOLOLOL!

Congratulations!

Congrats, Jasmine! :clapping: I'm excited to see your fry grow, and I like the idea of a net in the main tank. I had fry hatch on Wednesday...they are in a separate tank where i had placed the eggs.

Wishing you the best of luck!

GEAUX TIGERS!

I placed a small pellet crunched up in with them last night. And I can add a small piece of repashy too. I'll add more floating plants too that way they have lots of food. I get to go home and check on them now cuz I got out of work early!

What type of fry are they ? Are they a cross between 2 types of your goldfish orr??

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

They are both fantail goldies, and the parents are pretty hardy with good genetics. I used to keep them in a thirty gallon and I never did water changes, they are at least six years old and have only been ill once.

I have found one more fry free swimming in the tank, so twelve altogether netted. At least two are dead and at least seven are free swimming up and down in the net. I crushed hikari pellets up into almost dust and put them in there and I'll add a tad of repashy. The good thing about the net in the tank is that left over food won't pollute the water since it's such a small amount of food in 50 gallons of water.

They got spermed :rofl Good one!

LOL OMG I was thinking the same thing. :rofl3 Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Congrats on your fry!!!!

Checked out my fry this morning, still have seven swimming all around in the net. Crushed another pellet to powder like size and they were eating it!!

I did pull out two that died though but the ones left seem healthy for now!!

Good luck! It's always exciting to watch growing fry!