Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Balaylee

Found Some Goldfish Scales!

These scales have been sitting in the tank for months and I had no idea what they were and assumed the filter would suck them up since my gravel vac wasn't. I finally picked them out today and realized they were scales! I also checked my QT tank and found a couple in there as well.

DSCN1436.jpg

These scales most likely came from my white common. They are quite larger than I thought they would be.

it's certainly surprising.. we normally only see about 1/4 of each scale when we're looking at our goldies :)

here's what our goldfish scales look like under a microscope :)

I like the keyboard for scale (get it?!) :teehee This is really neat and I had no idea they were so big! Thanks for sharing :D

Very cool, Helen! The scale totally looks like a fingerprint!

Wow! Thanks for sharing! :)

I like the keyboard for scale (get it?!) :teehee This is really neat and I had no idea they were so big! Thanks for sharing :D

Yes Helen thanks for sharing that. What is that thing you found moving on the scale at around 4:16? Ahahaha keyboard for scale. That's funny :clapping: Yea I certainly wasn't expecting to find full intact scales myself

You should sell them on ebay! :P

Defiantly wouldn't be the strangest thing someone has put on Ebay! Don't think they would have much value though :idont

Defiantly wouldn't be the strangest thing someone has put on Ebay! Don't think they would have much value though :idont

I was just kidding, although I have seen them for sale before ;)

Now you just need to keep an eye out for teeth! those are even more fun to find than scales ;)

Defiantly wouldn't be the strangest thing someone has put on Ebay! Don't think they would have much value though? :idont

Are you defiant, or are you definite? :o:tomuch:

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :rofl)

:rofl

a little bit of both Alex :P

spell check has failed me again :P

It's the darn autocorrect, or better known as Mikey-itis on this forum. :rofl

oh my..... I MUST be tired..... I wasn't even the one that wrote that :rofl :rofl

I know! :rofl :rofl :rofl

I've found plenty of teeth. My family was kinda creeped out by them

Let's not even start this game lol

Yes Helen thanks for sharing that. What is that thing you found moving on the scale at around 4:16? Ahahaha keyboard for scale. That's funny :clapping: Yea I certainly wasn't expecting to find full intact scales myself

4:16 is just a typical source of protein that you would normally find in a water source and harmless. fish love them :) when we think we're starving them, they actually do consume things our eyes cannot see! :D

oh my..... I MUST be tired..... I wasn't even the one that wrote that :rofl :rofl

:doh11::doh11::teehee

it's been a long day Helen :P

4:16 is just a typical source of protein that you would normally find in a water source and harmless. fish love them :) when we think we're starving them, they actually do consume things our eyes cannot see! :D

Wow that's incredible. Very very cool

Wow! Awesome! I've never found scales or teeth :S Maybe I need to be more observant :P

:thumbup2:

I seen a few in my tank.

Hi, Welcome to Koko's!  

We try not to dig up threads that have not been updated in the last three months. If you wouldn't mind, check the dates on the thread before you hit reply. :)  This helps us to make sure that anyone else browsing has the most current information, and keeps things less confusing for everyone involved.

Thank you, and have fun. :)