Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mysterygirl

Mysterygirl's Floating-World

Pond Tomatoes

I'm guessing these are Roma Tomatoes. What do you think they are?

Whatarethese.jpg

They sure look like roma to me!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Pond Critters

So I noticed a silky nest, just a tangle of webbing on the blossom of my arrowhead pond plant. When I looked closer, there were 3-4 nests, and seemed to have caterpillars inside. Just a few hours later they were hatching! I've sent photos to the bug experts online to find out what larvae these are. When I touched one, it vomited brown goo. I had to look that up, and it is a defense of some caterpillars.

caterpillar1.jpg

caterpillar2.jpg

Dude, it looks a little scary

The pond over time

Here is a portrait of the pond today July 5 2016 compared with a similar photo taken in November 2015

2016-07-05%20PondPortraitWebSm.jpgThanksgivingCard_pondPortrait.jpg

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

Pond Tomatoes

I'm guessing these are Roma Tomatoes. What do you think they are?

Whatarethese.jpg

They sure look like roma to me!

:bingo:

Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YIFY

I promised to keep you posted on her

color changes, and here are the latest.

YIFY2_20160805.JPG

20160805.YIFY.jpg

Vanilli

VanilliDots.jpg

Vanilli is probably my smartest goldfish. (Yes, Skels, we know you are the smartest FISH in my pond, but you're a koi)

This was her looking up at me from the pond, begging me with her most pathetic expression to "feed me," it cracks me up. 

Edited by mysterygirl

Kokos West Coast Meet Up! 
amoonklein (Allie) drove up to my pond in Sonoma County to deliver 4 young fish for adoption. I was so excited and in a hurry to get out of my "pond clothes" and into something presentable that my shirt was inside out for the first hour  :doh11:  but everyone was too polite to say anything, or (hopefully) to distracted by the fish goings-on to notice. 

She and her hubby drove them up in that blue bucket you see behind us. 
Allie1.jpg

We decided to use all of the original water to transition them, as the temperature difference was almost 10 degrees Fahrenheit  (12C). So you can see them floating in a container within a larger container while the temperature equalizes. 
ContainerWithinContainer.jpg

The pH and other conditions were similar.

It was really great to meet Allie and her man - so I hope this inspires all of you other Kokonuts to connect. 

Allie2.jpg

Matthew and Allie
Allie3.jpg

Okay, enough about us......Now presenting the little cuties!  

AllieFish1.jpg
Edited by mysterygirl

1st little pooper

Individual Portraits   

AllieFish.1.1.jpg

AllieFish.1.jpg

Edited by mysterygirl

Awww looks like you had so much fun and you got some really pretty babies too!

We are gonna have sibling fish!! So cute!

2nd little pooper

Individual Portraits 

Working title.....

"Mustachio"   He's the bravest, leaving the safety of the tub first and butting his cute little mustache on the viewing dome within 5 minutes. I'm not sure he is a man-fish, but s/he's bold.

Mustachio1.jpg

mustachioTop.jpg

Edited by mysterygirl

3rd  little pooper

Individual Portraits 

Meet "Cara"  ('cos of her thick eyebrow)

Cara1.jpg

These little ones are only about 10 to 12 grams!  Much smaller than the photos make them appear.

Edited by mysterygirl

Cute. I'm sure they will do great.

Fins crossed.   :gfish:

They are exploring the pond, not as skitish as I would have expected. The big fish are curious, but not aggressive, but that is enough to make the tiny new ones want to hide. It is so normal. And there are plently of places to hide when they want to chill out.

Edited by mysterygirl

The Goldfish are so cute!!!!!

Chris here... How fun is that!!! Those little poopers are being adopted in to a fabulous home... We will be pooper in-laws! :rofl3

What a great way for Allie to see where her babies will live and meet the new parents as well :heart My little one will be coming soon... I live in So Calif, so I told her to take care of the others close by first... :happydance Since mine will come by mail I'll have to do un-boxing pics :photo: to share will the Kokonuts... :popcorn

Enjoy your new water babies!!!! :Jig:

Such a wonderful post and update on the little ones :D  Thank you so much!! 

It was great meeting you and Matthew.  I knew they would have a happy life in Fishlandia as soon as I saw your beautiful pond and how much you love and care for your fish.  I'm still smiling!

P.S.  I had NO idea your shirt was on backwards!

You guys look great!!!!

Just read your whole blog, I'm completely smitten with your fish and this gorgeous pond!!! You've inspired me something fierce. I'm a huge fan of the "viewing dome"; so creative and it looks so magical. I hope someday I can create a similar space - I can see myself spending a lot of time out there. The winters here in Ontario can be pretty fierce and that worries me a bit in future pond endeavours, lol.

Thanks so much Caretta. My highest goal is to inspire people, so your comment touches my heart.   :bighug

Edited by mysterygirl

Thanks so much Caretta. My highest goal is to inspire people, so your comment touches my heart.   :bighug

You have with me, just wish I had the time and money to make a nice pond... yours is amazing :)

Ohh nice i can see the variation (white outline) in your water celery from the visiting photos on the previous page!

Must be nice to get to nerd out on goldfish keeping with someone else just as enthusiastic about it in person ^^

Btw you've only shown close ups of 3 'lil poopers' but the bin shows 4, did one not make it?

4th little pooper

Individual Portraits  

So glad that you asked, AquaAurora!  

These wee ones don't have real names yet, just names based on traits that help me differentiate them from each other. I call this one (in my mind)

Snake Eye

because of the 2 black spots on their back.  (ooooh gender neutral language! We just don't know yet.)

SnakeEyesTop3.jpg

SnakeEyes3.jpg

20160811SnakeEyes.jpg

The only reason for the late update was that it was getting too dark for outdoor portraits.  SnakeEyes is 11 grams. 

Edited by mysterygirl