Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
mysterygirl

Mysterygirl's Floating-World

383 posts in this topic

Meet the Fish :  Ninja 忍者

Ninja is eating with the school now, and isn't as shy as s/he used to be. She is all white with lemony yellowing, and without the red eyeliner that Vanilli and Tancho sport.

NinjaHead.jpg

This is his   "I know you've been trying to net me so you can weigh me, but it is NOT happening"  face. 

Ninja20150715.jpg

NinjaPortrait20150715.jpg

NinjaPortrait_2_20150715.jpg

S/he's about 9 months old here. 

Edited by mysterygirl

gratuitous Kawaii photo
Kawaii20150715web.jpg

Edited by mysterygirl

Bacterial Cyst

Vanilli has a large red zit-like bump under her lip.

As far as I can tell it is a baterial cyst. I've been treating her with Medi-gold, and haven't had to quarantine her to medicate her. She's like - "hmmmm.....amazing....these pellet just drop right in front of me throughout the day. When did I start being the luckiest fish in the pond?"

She's very much in on the game, getting close to me so I can isolate her to feed her medicated pellets. She's one of my smartest fish, and best feeders.  I hope she gets better soon. She's been on antibiotics for 2 days and the spot isn't as red today. Take a look. 

BacterialCyst.JPG

Don't judge her, nobody likes to have their photo taken when they're sick.

Edited by mysterygirl

All your fish are beautiful, I love your Ryukin names. I wish my fry looked as nice as your Ninja does. I made a lot of mistakes raising them so they are so much smaller than they should be at 8 months old :( Guess we learn from those mistakes though!

All your fish are beautiful, I love your Ryukin names. I wish my fry looked as nice as your Ninja does. I made a lot of mistakes raising them so they are so much smaller than they should be at 8 months old  :( Guess we learn from those mistakes though!

Thanks FishyMandy,

Ninja is a result of and a force of Nature.

I can't take credit for THAT one.

S/he says thanks for the kind words. 

My fish are smaller than other fry if I just go by date. I try to feed them about 1-2% of their body weight, which isn't much. It still goes right through them, heh.

Edited by mysterygirl

3 New Ryukins

NamesTop.JPG

Names5.jpg

I think your Mystery Fry the Black turning Orange, is a Boy... I think I see some Stars on those gills. Unless that just color :)

But I love them all :)

Ninja is such a pretty fish. I love how the yellow is almost just a highlight on an all white fish.

I think your Mystery Fry the Black turning Orange, is a Boy... I think I see some Stars on those gills. Unless that just color :)  

I noticed that too, Koko, I think you're right. It sure looks that way in the photo. I just took a look outside and can't see them. At least I won't have to change his name. I was fairly sure he was a girl, as her brother's breeding stars were early and very visible. I had her in a tank until she was about 10 months and didn't see any. Now she's a him. What a late bloomer. If I catch him chasing the ladies we'll know for sure. :teehee

Ninja is such a pretty fish. I love how the yellow is almost just a highlight on an all white fish.

Ninja says thanks, she's not used to getting compliments from humans, it make her feel so grown up.

Edited by mysterygirl

Meet the Fish :  Stanley

Stanleystats.jpg

More Ninja

NinjaWeight.jpg

Kawaii has the coolest racing stripe!

Great fish pics! :)

More Fuse

FUSE.jpg

Your fish are beautiful Mystery.

Kawaii is my favorite...like Lisa said, cool racing stripe.

Meet the Fish: Lasagna

Lasagna.jpg

More Lasagna 
LasagnaTopView.jpg

Top View

Great photos and really nice looking fish :).  Ninja and Kawaii are my favorites.  Love how white their white coloration is...I don't see many bright white goldfish .  Is Kawaii gaining more white or more orange as he/she grows?

The ryukins have nice humps and tall dorsals...they look very happy and healthy.  Do you know how old they are?

A temporary quarantine tank

tank.jpg

The 3 Ryukins love to play in the combination bubbler-waterfall.  They have lots of space in the "living room/dining room" to swim freely and at night can retire to the bedroom area which is (relatively) sheltered with artificial and real plants. They really do sleep there, all three of them in a huddle. The gate and marbles are for intellectual stimulation, the live anacharis is to nibble on.

Edited by mysterygirl

Great photos and really nice looking fish :).  Ninja and Kawaii are my favorites. 

Love how white their white coloration is...I don't see many bright white goldfish .  Is Kawaii gaining more white or more orange as he/she grows?

The ryukins have nice humps and tall dorsals...they look very happy and healthy.  Do you know how old they are?

Thanks Kayla - I'm not sure on their age, but I'd guess about a year? Stanley is just losing the last of his black coloration. 

I'm glad you appreciate white goldfish. I have a black pond liner and lights above the pond which really showcases the white fish at night. I thought Vanilli would stay all white, but she's busy growing her orange spots to look more like her best friend Milli. :doh11:

Here's a picture of their temporary tank. 

tankReal2.png

Their "bedroom" is in the corner, behind the plant.

Edited by mysterygirl

Fish Release Party

A big day for the  3 ryukins: they're now in the pond. Everyone is getting along - and one of the ryukins went in the viewing dome within 25 minutes of exploring. They're brave little fish.

FusePondReleaseweb.jpg

Getting ready to join the pond :D

Little Big Dude

In the sphere, like a boss.

StanleyInDomeweb.jpg