Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ashlee18

The Petco Rescue

I got this little guy for free yesterday from petco. He had been there for two weeks and has no fins! I normally walk away from rescues like him because I don't want to support the idea that selling sick or injured fish is okay, but the employee gave him to me for no charge. I also thought it would be nice to help him out during the holidays. I have him setup in a 10 galoon qt and will slowly add salt tonight since he made it through the first 24 hours. I also have to figure out a way to feed him. He still doesn't have a name either.

Aaaawwwwwww. Good luck with him Lori! I hope clean water and good food get him growing some fins in no time!! :wub:

Keep us posted. :D

Oh my goodness! Poor little guy. I watched the video before reading anything :teehee and wondered how big a QT you had for him. :rofl

Hope he makes a great recovery for ya! :D

Good luck with him!

Awww good luck, little dude!!! You're in good hands! Even if he doesn't make it long term, what a lucky break to be rescued by you :) :)

:cry:heart:thumbs:

I'm glad he found you! :hug Good luck!

Hope it pulls through.

For a name, how about Lucky....for finding someone like you to take care of him/her.

:)

What a cutie! That poor thing!

If you can, move that filter all the way to one end, that way he can use the other side of the tank to rest. With the lack of fins he will easily get exhausted for trying to wiggle against the water current.

Is he eating? He looks skinny, and considered that he (hopefully) needs to regrow a bit of finnage, I would try to feed him a good amount of thawed bloodworms. A feeding cone would be perfect because it will keep the food readily available for him at the top of the tank, or at least hold the food in front of him on a tooth pick to make sure he gets enough food to eat. He definitely needs some strength back, poor fella looks so exhausted.

Awww, poor little guy :(

Poor little guy. :heart I hope he pulls through.

Poor little fella! :( I really hope you can nurse him back to health, it would be a wonderful rescue story.

Please frequently update us on him, okay? :heart

Edited by Georgia

Naw so sad to see a fish like this, but I'm so glad you're trying to help him!

Good luck. Hope everything goes well.

Oh my gosh! You did such a wonderful thing by taking this little guy in. He definitely looks scrappy and under the weather, but I'm happy to hear that he has made it this far. With you caring for him, he has a wonderful shot at recovering and becoming a healthy goldie. Good luck and keep us updated :)

Aww the poor thing :( I got so sad watching that video. I hope you can help the little guy!

You could name him no fins....kinda like no feet on little bear....lol.

But good luck!

omg that's the saddest fish I have ever seen. :( Good luck!!! :D

Awww

Best wishes to you both! You can do it!

Oh and as a name suggestion: He currently reminds me a lot of a puffer fish, so maybe Puffer as name? Cause I am creative like that?

How did he lose his fins? That is so sweet of you to take him on. Wishing you all the very best for his recovery.

Poor guy, I hope he can mend and have a happy life with you :)

Wow. You all reply quick lol

Thank you all for the support. He does remind me of a puffer fish :P. They didn't know how he lost his fins but they were just gone one day.

Poor little guy - hope he pulls through. Keep us posted on his progress!