Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blackmoors

new fish room.

Ill be glad to have it all finished.

Should be a cool area to hang out in if i get it all done right.

My brother got me a really cool goldfish poster showing a heap of different breeds of goldfish. And small description of them.

So now ill have to find a frame for it to go it so it doesn't get damaged.

Hopefully get a bit more done over the weekend..... but as usual here in Australia it cools a bit mid week then goes to inferno temp for the weekends :(

Managed to get my air manifold loop up last weekend and ran most the airlines down to where the tanks will be on the racks.

And made the hole through the wall so the air manifold can continue outside to run the grow out ponds.

This "should" all run off the one air pump now hopefully. So can put my other 2 away as spares. Will keep electricity bill down abit i hope and if a black out no issues with filter start ups. (Stuck impellers etc)

Might go down from 2.5kwh to 200watts... see what happens.

Yup this weather sucks hey!

It all sounds amazing...if I ever have a house of my own I'd love a fish room. I find it so interesting to read how you go about setting things up! That poster sounds awesome too, do you have a picture of it?

No i forgot to take a pic b4 i rolled it up and packed it away for safety. Ill grab one when i get it out again.

Ive now also decided to makes space somewhere for my "library" so i have my fish books close at hand.

A "quick trip" to bunnings. ......

Aaaand $300+ on plastic storage boxes.... lol

I don't think anyone ever takes a quick trip to Bunnings. :rofl

It's looking really good! :D

I don't think anyone ever takes a quick trip to Bunnings. :rofl

It's looking really good! :D

Yeah and make things worse. I dis the 3 today...

Bunnings

Masters

And stratco...

Ouch lol

Those stores have some kind of magical power to always make you buy what you didn't go there for. I wonder what I'm going to end up with when I go there later this week lol

Tried to upload some pics today.

But "photorubbish" is once again having a spaz attack....

:lol:

I've had similar problems with Photobucket lately and have mostly switched to Flickr for every thing but quick uploads. It's a bit more work, but their compression algorithm is better.

I've had similar problems with Photobucket lately and have mostly switched to Flickr for every thing but quick uploads. It's a bit more work, but their compression algorithm is better.

Its all the darn adds :yikes

Once it gets its knickers untied ill try it again.

Lol

Slowly been getting tanks in place etc. But weather here has been horrible stinking hot one minute. Pouring the next....

And had some more health issues again so more delays.....

But its sloooooooowly coming together.

I'm looking forward to this one and how an Aussie would do it differently than an American. :thumbup2:

I gave up on photobucket ages ago :o Drove me crazy. I use imgur now and just don't share to everyone lol

This sounds so cool! Can't wait to see it all finished! Good on you working on all this through your health issues! I have health stuff too, and I know how hard it can be, physically and mentally.

Sorry been MIA again due to health.

Things been moving slowly. Almost have all the tanks in position. Most now have a drain to assist with water changes.

Had an issue in the pond area where one decided to leak so was a major job moving everything to get the leaky one out. So whike at it put another one in aswell. So now have 9 down the side accessed from the fish room. (Not including the minnow pond)

Also in the middle of a revamp on my main pond filtration setup.

Finally got my air manifold done in the fish room so now it runs entirely on air inc my ponds out the side. This is all done by one air pump so less power cords and alot less power consumption.

Once my health improves and i get on top of things again ill try to get some new pics done atm its a war zone and no room anywhere to even move.....

Joys of trying to sort everything out and putting it all into labeled storage boxes so i dont lose track of it all.

Sorry been MIA again due to health.

Things been moving slowly. Almost have all the tanks in position. Most now have a drain to assist with water changes.

Had an issue in the pond area where one decided to leak so was a major job moving everything to get the leaky one out. So whike at it put another one in aswell. So now have 9 down the side accessed from the fish room. (Not including the minnow pond)

Also in the middle of a revamp on my main pond filtration setup.

Finally got my air manifold done in the fish room so now it runs entirely on air inc my ponds out the side. This is all done by one air pump so less power cords and alot less power consumption.

Once my health improves and i get on top of things again ill try to get some new pics done atm its a war zone and no room anywhere to even move.....

Joys of trying to sort everything out and putting it all into labeled storage boxes so i dont lose track of it all.

Sounds like a lot of work but in the end you know you will be super happy with all the work you have put into it :)

Healing vibes to you so you can get back to the business of setting up your fish room!!

Edited by LisaCGold