Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
xjasminex

OMG EGGS!

How exciting ... congratulations! You may want to consider setting up a fry tank, as your eggs and fry might get eaten by the bigger fish. If you don't, you will hopefully have a couple that survive by staying hidden ... but in my experience the ones that survive are usually the deformed/less desirable ones. But you have enough plants in your tank that it will likely increase their chances of survival.

I would also recommend treating your fry with Prazi at 2 weeks of age. I found this out after joining this forum, but unfortunately it was too late for all of my fry except one. (I think they died of flukes because most of the deaths occurred within days of each other.) The one fry who survived has a deformed tail, but he swims really fast! He (or she) is now 4 1/2 months old and almost big enough to go in with some of my smaller fish.

If you do decide to put them in a separate tank, make sure the water is no more than 6 or 7 inches. Deeper water can break their little backs, from what I was told.

Good luck!!! Raising fry is very exciting!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Oh, also be careful about filtration. I would either get a sponge filter (if you are using a fry tank) or cover the intake of your HOB or canister filter with foam or mesh to prevent the little ones from getting sucked in.

I just read your last post. I hope your fry are hiding and you just can't see them. Fingers crossed ...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions Amanda!

I was just doing a water change and happened to see an itty bitty fry trying to make his way and not get sucked up!!

So i at least know i have one dry left!!