Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
jorie

uh oh!

4 posts in this topic

So i worked from 11 to 7 today and when i left my snail was fine and scooting around but once i got home i found him upside down on one my floral globe things (ill attach a pic of the tank so you know what im talking about) Im not sure how long he was upside down for and i immediately corrected it about an 1 1/2 hours ago. Im wondering how long snails can stay upside down? He hasnt moved yet at all so im hoping he's just in shock, but yet again im not so sure. :scared

DSC_1039_zpscb8eb678.jpgnot a recent pic but it shows what they are

What kind of snail is it? My nerites flip over and right themselves often. :idont

My snails go upside down sometimes. If they still are controlling their little trap doors then they're still alive. They shouldn't die from being upside down.

Its a zebra nerite. Im just worried because it hasnt moved since i flipped him back over. Im not sure if he's in control of his trapdoor yet. i dont want to fuss with him too much right now just in case he is in some sort of shock. I'm going to check tomorrow in the morning and see if he has moved at all.

My snails go upside down sometimes. If they still are controlling their little trap doors then they're still alive. They shouldn't die from being upside down.

Its good to hear that they shouldnt die from being upside down!

What kind of snail is it? My nerites flip over and right themselves often. :idont

Yea he does it all the time, but again, im not sure how long he was in that position especially since i was gone for practically 9 hours. usually he corrects himself within 30 mins to an hour but yea