Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Balaylee

Buying Fish Online in Canada

16 posts in this topic

Idk if there is a post like this already, if there is if you could direct me to it that would be great. I'm looking at buying some fish in the spring and I would like to get shubunkins, or wakins. I'm more into the single tailed variety. I've been having trouble finding more of the single tailed variety online, and it's even harder to find places that ship to Canada. If anyone knows of any good sites that would be great :)

It may not be what you're looking for, but you could try Fish Sempai.

http://www.fishsempai.com/

Big Al's Ontario will ship items and that they will get special shipments for their Goldie regulars. Depending no where you are in canada really, fishsempai is in bc I believe so that swings the other way. If you're in the prairies it's luck of the draw

The Fishsempai hasn't been able to get any goldfish shipments since last spring and told me he had no idea when he would have any. This was in Oct. I believe. His business is in Ontario.

Edited by gran'sgoldies1

Okay guys, thanks!

Fish Sempai is just outside of Toronto. He is out if business, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is sad to hear as he had some gorgeous fish and was always super great to deal with.

That is sad to hear as he had some gorgeous fish and was always super great to deal with.

I agree! For us guys in Canada, he was possible the only one shipping fancies. When I talked to him, he sounded really deflated about it. He couldn't get some sort of permit to breed the imported fish he had.

It's not really good to ship fish with our winters anyways. You may need to check in the spring.

I don't have any shub fry but if you don't mind just calico tomasabo/common crosses (they have deep bodies) I can ship you some fry in the spring/summer if I have any left

I also wish there was someone in the east coast here, I've been getting fish from LPS but I'm not fond of how most of them have issues even though I love mine with issues if like to get one with better genes.

I was also trying so hard to find somewhere to get a 80+ gallon aquarium I'm dying for a nice one with lights. I've looked on kijiji everyday for months (people are asking for retail prices for their usef ones... ><) looked at big Al's online site but all the have they they want to shop are those tiny dinky tanks that I'd never put a goldfish in. Petsmart is the only other store and the highest sized tank I've seen there is 55gallon. So sad, do any of you know a good place to get one in or close to Moncton, NB?

Edited by Abyss

"live fancy goldfish breeder" on facebook is looking into shipping in Canada. You may want to message her. She was hoping to be able to ship in the Spring. It looks like the fish she sells are medium sized.

Ill check it out, once I'm able to find the 80-100gallon if I ever do. I need a bigger tank then I can get the ranchu I've always wanted.

Ill check it out, once I'm able to find the 80-100gallon if I ever do. I need a bigger tank then I can get the ranchu I've always wanted.

I hear you. I check Kijiji twice a day in case anything good comes up. I am at my limit with number of tanks....but no one said anything about how big they could be. Ah, my favourite word...upgrade. :teehee

I got a beautiful 60 gallon long, with what seems like bulletproof glass, for free. The guy couldn't get any buyers and I had messaged him to ask him to call me if he needed it gone. A week later, he called. We had to reseal and make a stand out of cinder blocks, but hey, it's a labour of love...and a really ugly stand until I get it painted.

Nice, I'm checking kijiji at least twice a day but disappointed with what's out there, I'm applying to a local pet store soon for a weekend job to help out for some extra cash, so maybe I ca get a discount on a tank there if I get the job