Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LauraThe3xplora

3 GF and a Tank in SE Michigan Need a New Home :(

*I can't find the "for sale" forum, so mods please move this if necessary!

I currently have a 60gal tank with 3 beloved goldfish who unfortunately need new homes. As much as I hate to do this, I don't have the time or opportunity to care for and enjoy them as much as I need to. The tank is stuck at my parents' house while I live in a college dorm in Detroit. I have to come home every 2 weeks just to do a water change and then I go back to school. I have a little bit of a diatom problem because of the less-frequent water changes and because I don't have real plants, and my parents are complaining that the house is starting to smell like a pond (true). I need to find a new home for my babies and the tank + stand so they can get the care and attention they deserve.

Here are my babies:

null_zpsca2d523c.jpg

This is Sarge, my oranda. He was bought from a LFS as a baby and used to be solid green! He's now almost completely lost his green to be replaced with a pretty orange. He's grown in a nice wen and he's a VERY healthy fish. He is a confirmed male with breeding stars and is now about 3.5 inches long without fins. He's a little bit of a piggy and has a personality to live up to his name! He is my favorite.

20130608_22_01_zps9b9b9f68.jpg

This is Snowflake, a pure white ryukin. She is from Petsmart and is my oldest and smallest fish. She has a history of floating, but only when fed gel food or when water quality is poor. She also had a bout of dropsy last month, but MetroMeds brought her back from near-death, so she needs MMs available. She's a delicate little girl who needs extra care to make sure she gets food (not hand-feeding, she just needs some extra time to find the food). I know some people aren't fans of white goldfish, but she's not really veiny at all. She is a suspected female and is 2.5 inches without fins.

null_zps6cc34055.jpg

This is Mai Tai, a blue-ridge calico fantail. She is from Petsmart and is my biggest goldie. Her coloring really is amazing, much brighter than this photo shows. She's kind of a piggie and loves to eat! She is a suspected female (Sarge used to flirt with her A LOT) and is very fat, about 4.5 inches long without fins and 3 inches deep. She has a history of edema (fluid retention/swelling) but it cleared up on its own, so I'm not sure if it was an infection or what.

I really love these guys and want them to go to a healthy home. I am not asking for any money for them, just that they are taken care of and that you pick them up (no shipping). They're all fed Hikari Lionhead and are doing great with it. If you're interested in any or all (I would prefer them to stay together, but as long as they get good homes), please post here. I will need to see a photo of the tank you plan to put them in and some assurance that you do adequate water changes and have MMs. If you are also interested in my tank, see below.

040AFEA8-B3AD-49FE-8660-E50470932DF1-490

This is my 60gal tank. It comes with a matching black stand with 2 closed cabinets on top and open storage at the bottom. I just bought all of this new at the beginning of the summer and it's about $500-600 list price for the tank + stand + hoods. I just took out the plastic plants and gravel today, so it is currently bare-bottom. I have 2 AquaClear 70 filters and the matching hood lights to go with it, along with any of the plants, my Eheim Jäger heater, and other supplies you want to take. I'm thinking $300 for the tank, stand, filters, lights, heater, etc. $250 for the tank, stand, and hoods.

If you want to be sure I see your serious offer, please email me (my username @gmail.com) with a photo of your tank if you're not buying mine. I'm in Rochester Hills.

:( bummer :( I'm sorry you have to rehome your fishy friends :hug

Good luck!

:( bummer :( I'm sorry you have to rehome your fishy friends :hug

Good luck!

Thanks, Flipper! I'm really sad, but it's what's best for everyone I think. I hope someone nearby will take them :(

I'm sorry for the sale of your tank and rehoming your beautiful fish. What a beautiful change in Sarge. I hope someone will see your thread and be interested.

Update: Sarge and one filter are going to my friend who agreed to buy him a 30g tank :D

Update: Sarge and one filter are going to my friend who agreed to buy him a 30g tank :D

:clapping: That's neat. I'm excited for all of you.

:clapping: That's neat. I'm excited for all of you.
Thank you! I'm excited that I still get to see one of them :')

I'm so sorry to hear you have to give them away :(

Mai Tai a beauty. I fell in love with her coloring after making that feltie of her :P

I would take her in if I could.

I hope they all find good homes soon! :) I wish you luck~

Where do you go to college? I am upgrading to a 125 gallon soon and could take fish if need be. I live in West MI and just don't see it being worth it for either of us to drive or ship across state unless you go to college over here.

Goodness I'm sorry to hear about that, I'd take the whole thing if I had the money but unfortunately I don't.

Where do you go to college? I am upgrading to a 125 gallon soon and could take fish if need be. I live in West MI and just don't see it being worth it for either of us to drive or ship across state unless you go to college over here.

I go to Wayne State in Detroit. I guess that's too far for us :( thanks tho, Diesel, I know you would take care of them!

Goodness I'm sorry to hear about that, I'd take the whole thing if I had the money but unfortunately I don't.

Thank you anyway! I know not many of you live over here :(

I'm a ways off or I'd think about it. I wish you luck though. Sorry you have to part with them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a ways off or I'd think about it. I wish you luck though. Sorry you have to part with them. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I appreciate the offer :) thanks anyway, Daniel

It wouldn't be the distance that's a problem, I'd happily travel to pick them up! I just don't have the money to buy the whole setup.

Best of luck! Whoever ends up with them will be a very lucky person indeed, they're gorgeous!

It wouldn't be the distance that's a problem, I'd happily travel to pick them up! I just don't have the money to buy the whole setup.

Best of luck! Whoever ends up with them will be a very lucky person indeed, they're gorgeous!

Aww thank you! If it was up to me, I would just let you have all of it, but my parents bought the stuff and they kinda want some compen$ation lol. They really are great fish :heart

Aww thank you! If it was up to me, I would just let you have all of it, but my parents bought the stuff and they kinda want some compen$ation lol. They really are great fish :heart

Haha that's totally understandable! I reblogged the post about it on tumblr and I know I have some fishy people following me there, so hopefully this gets a lot of attention and someone forks over the compensation your parents require :3

I'm so sorry to hear you have to give them away :(

Mai Tai a beauty. I fell in love with her coloring after making that feltie of her :P

I would take her in if I could.

I hope they all find good homes soon! :) I wish you luck~

Thanks, Bubbles!! I'm happy I will always have that adorable feltie to remember her by :)

Sorry to bump this up but these guys still need a home :(

Aw man I was just thinking about these guys too and hoping they had found a great home! :c I'm sorry to hear you're still looking, all my best wishes are going your way!

Aw man I was just thinking about these guys too and hoping they had found a great home! :c I'm sorry to hear you're still looking, all my best wishes are going your way!

Thanks, Niku! I guess I don't live in a very goldfish-lover-populated area :( really need to find them a home because my spare time is only becoming sparser :(