Oh gosh, they are so sweet!!

Thanks

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

:Congrats: on your fry! :)

Thanks Alex

Going to do first dose tomorrow. I'll only be able to do two weeks with one dose per week as I'm going out of town

Now just got to figure out how much for a 5 gallon tank 1/2 filled. I suck at math lol

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Thanks Alex

Going to do first dose tomorrow. I'll only be able to do two weeks with one dose per week as I'm going out of town

Now just got to figure out how much for a 5 gallon tank 1/2 filled. I suck at math lol

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Are you talking about adding prazi, because if you are, I can help, although math genius I am not. :rofl

For prazi it's 5 ml per 20 gallons, or 1.25 ml for 5 gallons. Half filled that 0.63 ml, or if you need to do drops, that's 13 drops. :rofl

Thanks Alex

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Are you talking about adding prazi, because if you are, I can help, although math genius I am not. :rofl

For prazi it's 5 ml per 20 gallons, or 1.25 ml for 5 gallons. Half filled that 0.63 ml, or if you need to do drops, that's 13 drops. :rofl

Thanks Alex. That definitely helped :). Yeah was going to do first round of prazipro today. Would dosing once a week for two weeks be good enough?

I'm going out of town for a week leaving December 7th. If not, I could dose again upon my return.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Just did PWC before adding Prazipro. They already learned to follow the turkey baster I use to siphon debris from bottom due to stirring up potential food.

I see they are developing pectoral fins now.

The debris floating around is things stirred up due to PWC.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

I want fry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll ask Santa for some. :hoho

They look great! :nana

What kind. Curlie Fries or reg Fries :lol

Does anyone know if water temp in upper 60's is too cold/cool? Water has been around 68. I can't seem to get it warmer. I did order a heater if needed.

They seem very active and eating.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

I'm wondering that myself for when I'm able to get my 20g fgtow out tank ready if the other fry hatch, I heard 72 is good, my main tank stay around 68-70ish. Annoyed with my LPS they didn't have any sponge filters I could get for it, all I have is a fluval 101 and a monster of a HOB. Very disgruntled atm. Ah well I'll have to wait till the weekend and see if petsmart have any. What kind of filter are you using in that tanks Golds?

I also couldn't find any sponge filter at any LFS. I was going to order a mini filter on amazon but they were out.

I've only been running an airstone but do have floating plants in tank. Both times I tested water ammonia and nitrites are zero. I do small daily PWCs.

I did find an airstone driven "disposable" filter for mini tanks I put in over the weekend.

I'm thinking of putting a sponge intake over the small power filter that came with the tank. Perhaps this weekend when they'll be three weeks old

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

I also couldn't find any sponge filter at any LFS. I was going to order a mini filter on amazon but they were out.

I've only been running an airstone but do have floating plants in tank. Both times I tested water ammonia and nitrites are zero. I do small daily PWCs.

I did find an airstone driven "disposable" filter for mini tanks I put in over the weekend.

I'm thinking of putting a sponge intake over the small power filter that came with the tank. Perhaps this weekend when they'll be three weeks old

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Is it a SeaPora filter? I grabbed one from an aquarium store, pet stores didn't have any. It seems really flimsy, I think it was $10. Seems kind of disposable lol. It won't sit on the bottom of the tank. It hovers like an inch above. If it is a SeaPora you got, get it in the water about 24-36 hours before adding the babies. It needs to soak in order to sink. I found this out the annoying way...lol.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Is it a SeaPora filter? I grabbed one from an aquarium store, pet stores didn't have any. It seems really flimsy, I think it was $10. Seems kind of disposable lol. It won't sit on the bottom of the tank. It hovers like an inch above. If it is a SeaPora you got, get it in the water about 24-36 hours before adding the babies. It needs to soak in order to sink. I found this out the annoying way...lol.

Forgot, I have my container in a small bathroom with a vent. I keep the door almost closed. The water seems to be holding at 72 degrees. It was at 69 with no apparent issues at all. I'm afraid to use a heater once I transfer to the tank. My heaters don't seem to adjust to the temps I want. They basically are "on" or "off" and heat to about 82 degrees:/ If you come up with a plan, I'd love to hear it.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Forgot, I have my container in a small bathroom with a vent. I keep the door almost closed. The water seems to be holding at 72 degrees. It was at 69 with no apparent issues at all. I'm afraid to use a heater once I transfer to the tank. My heaters don't seem to adjust to the temps I want. They basically are "on" or "off" and heat to about 82 degrees:/ If you come up with a plan, I'd love to hear it.

That's a good idea actually. My bathrooms don't have AC vents so I could put it in my guest bath with door almost closed. Now I think I'll have guest though for thanksgiving. I have a screened balcony but figured that would be too warm.

I think I'll move I to bathroom instead of using a heater. However the heater I got has a thermostat on it so u can set it at what u want

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

No it's not that but it is definitely disposable. You can see it a bit in the last video on my thread. You can't change any of the sponges etc as it's sealed. However it does have suction cups on the back to hold it in the tank. It looks better than how it functions

I got it at Pet Supermarket. Was almost $8

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

I would kill for suction cups. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that problem too with the sponge filters, there weren't any at the LPS or petsmart. I'm glad there is a stricktly aquarium store here and I'm heading there in the next few days for prazipro and the filter.

I heard a lot of heaters are really touchy, wish you luck.

I'm probably going to relocate tank to room without an AC vent instead of a heater. I would feel terrible if they were cooked.

I bought a lee economy corner filter that u put your own media in and also operated by an air pump.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

I'm probably going to relocate tank to room without an AC vent instead of a heater. I would feel terrible if they were cooked.

I bought a lee economy corner filter that u put your own media in and also operated by an air pump.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

That sounds like a filter that will do the job:)

I hate the cold, I wish I needed AC lol. 35 cm of snow tonight. boo

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

That sounds like a filter that will do the job:)

I hate the cold, I wish I needed AC lol. 35 cm of snow tonight. boo

Yeah I saw some vids on You Tube about it. Should def help. I can put Biomax and floss inside it.

It's in 80's here :)

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

I found an air pump powered filter. It's not a sponge but liked how I could fill it with Biomax and floss or whatever I would want. It really seems to be clearing water after only ten minutes.

My fry are really starting to look like small comets.

There is one really large one and one much smaller.

Still have the eight.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

They look fantastic Goldsguy! Like little grown ups lol. It's amazing how fast they grow:)

They look fantastic Goldsguy! Like little grown ups lol. It's amazing how fast they grow:)

Yeah they are so cute. Glad I did the rescue :)

And they do grow very fast.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets