Sign in to follow this  
Goldsguy

Eggs Hatched!

186 posts in this topic

Upper 60s is fine, and you can stretch out the treatment to fit your travel plans. :)

Upper 60s is fine, and you can stretch out the treatment to fit your travel plans. :)

Thanks

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Well, at week three and I haven't had any losses. I'll be treating second prazipro this Sunday.

I can now see definite finnage. I can see small pectoral fins and now can see the dorsal fins.

They are still semi transparent, but can start to see hints of metallic shine as they dart about.

They are becoming more sociable in that some don't swim away if I press my finger to tank and they hover around the turkey baster I use to siphon debris off tank floor. They follow me around actually.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

This is the mom and dad/s of my fry. Sorry it's dark but tank lights hadn't come on yet.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Well did big PWC and cleaned the bottom of tank and administered second dose of prazipro. No reaction.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Found another lucky lil fry!!

Three weeks ago when my fish spawned and I rescued fry from the tank and raising the eight fry in a 5.5 gallon tank. The day after that rescue I rescaped my main tank. Doing that I took the most of the stones and plants into two five gallon buckets. When I finished I had some small stones left which I couldn't fit into main tank so left them in a five gallon bucket covered with some old tank water.

I didn't do anything with this bucket for three weeks as it sat in the guest bath. I occasionally grabbed a stone out when needed. Needless to say it was getting pretty gunky.

Today I needed the tub so I could clean one of my canisters. I decided to just dry out the stones and dump the water down the drain.

After I did that I had another bucket to dump. When I went to do that, something caught my eye. Omg!!! I looked and it was another fry flopping inside the tub. I couldn't believe it!!

I ran and got something to gently lift him out to put with the other fry. So now I have nine fry.

I can't believe it survived and developed inside that dirty water. I suppose the old biofilm on stones provided food.

I hope he lives as he'll def be the one I keep. If I can tell which one he is now lol.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Three weeks ago when my fish spawned and I rescued fry from the tank and raising the eight fry in a 5.5 gallon tank. The day after that rescue I rescaped my main tank. Doing that I took the most of the stones and plants into two five gallon buckets. When I finished I had some small stones left which I couldn't fit into main tank so left them in a five gallon bucket covered with some old tank water.

I didn't do anything with this bucket for three weeks as it sat in the guest bath. I occasionally grabbed a stone out when needed. Needless to say it was getting pretty gunky.

Today I needed the tub so I could clean one of my canisters. I decided to just dry out the stones and dump the water down the drain.

After I did that I had another bucket to dump. When I went to do that, something caught my eye. Omg!!! I looked and it was another fry flopping inside the tub. I couldn't believe it!!

I ran and got something to gently lift him out to put with the other fry. So now I have nine fry.

I can't believe it survived and developed inside that dirty water. I suppose the old biofilm on stones provided food.

I hope he lives as he'll def be the one I keep. If I can tell which one he is now lol.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

No WAY! OMG! That is incredible:) What a little fighter. He's obviously got the brains in the bunch lol, if he could survive that. You must have been jumping out of your skin. Is he the same size as the others? You should name him Bear Grylls, lol.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

No WAY! OMG! That is incredible:) What a little fighter. He's obviously got the brains in the bunch lol, if he could survive that. You must have been jumping out of your skin. Is he the same size as the others? You should name him Bear Grylls, lol.

Lol good idea. I was saying he's our lil Christmas miracle. :)

Yeah he's just as developed as the others. They vary in sizes. He's on the small size but matches the other small ones. Same development.

He was just flopping away and caught my eye. A few seconds more as he would have been washed down the drain.

I cupped him in my hand and ran to the fry tank.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

What a great story:) My husband wants to rename Gary "Mira" for miracle...if he makes it.

Your guys are looking huge.

Oh, regarding the Prazipro, is it the same schedule as the big guys get? Did you do 5 or 7 day?

What a great story:) My husband wants to rename Gary "Mira" for miracle...if he makes it.

Oh, regarding the Prazipro, is it the same schedule as the big guys get? Did you do 5 or 7 day?

I do the same as the big guys. Once a week for a month.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Perfect. I find myself second guessing with the little one. It's like my ultimate challenge to have him survive:)

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Perfect. I find myself second guessing with the little one. It's like my ultimate challenge to have him survive:)

Well sure he's in good hands and very well taken care of ;)

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

:nana. And then there were 9!!! :nana

They are looking great!! I'm lovin this thread!!! :teehee

they're so small and lovely! Added bonus to find an another one, yay!

Very glad to hear the Prazipro had no ill effects on them. I'm right behind you:)

Very glad to hear the Prazipro had no ill effects on them. I'm right behind you:)

I had treated the parent's tank a couple of times prior so hopefully that really kept them from

Having any.

Good luck with you lil one

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Your guys must be getting Huge:)

I have a few that are smaller than rest but others look like minnows now lol. Definitely look like lil fish

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

I have a few that are smaller than rest but others look like minnows now lol. Definitely look like lil fish

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

That's crazy! Did the "bucket fish" make it so far? I am so rooting for him:)

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

No. Unfortunately the bucket fish didn't make. The first fish I've lost since started with the fish I now have.

I'm assuming it was the shock with such different water but I had no choice.

:(

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

No. Unfortunately the bucket fish didn't make. The first fish I've lost since started with the fish I now have.

I'm assuming it was the shock with such different water but I had no choice.

:(

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Aw, that's too bad:( I still can't believe he made it as long as he did.

Do you have any recent pics? :)

I have to say, it has been really cool to watch your thread and see where I'll be in a week's time. Feel's like I'm cheating lol.

I took these recently.

Now is the real test. I'm going to be out of town for a week so have my neighbor who usually fishsits feeding them. I measured out the food, but no water changes till I'm back.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Btw the camera doesn't capture them well. They definitely look like miniature fish now. Fins are very clear though

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Btw the camera doesn't capture them well. They definitely look like miniature fish now. Fins are very clear though

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

They definitely look like little fish! Wow. Starting to fill out nicely.

As long as you don't have my brother taking care of them, they'll be fine lol. I went away for a week to the cottage last Summer and had my brother (who is 30 going on 15) taking care of my animals. When I got home, there was food covering the gravel and all of my tanks were registering ammonia. They all had a mini-cycle and I was doing daily water changes on 8 tanks. One of my big filters had an impeller stop on day 2 and he didn't think to tell me (and left it plugged in), so off I was to buy another one. My water bill was huge and my back was broken lol. He had also messed up and fed my axolotl veggie fish pellets. She was all bloated. I'm glad it was only one week. :thumbdown

Whenever I leave and have my neighbor feed my fish I do a PWC before I leave and ration daily food into daily pill containers. I also hide the food to prevent temptation to feed more.

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets