Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HappyPercy

What scale to buy for weighing fish?

I need a new scale. I want one for weighing the fish and fish food. Can I use the same scale for both? How accurate does it have to be? Is 0.1 gram scale sufficient or do I need one that does 0.01 grams? What about maximum weight the scale can handle? Could anyone give me some suggestions on what to buy? Bed bath and beyond does NOT have scales that can weigh fish food, the lowest they'll measure is a gram. (like the metro-med)

It depends on how large your fish are but something like this should work for both fish and food. I find that measuring to 0.1 g is fine for food. :D

http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-AMW-SC-2KG-Digital/dp/B001RF3XJ2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1383924724&sr=8-3&keywords=gram+scale+.01

I didn't read all of the description but for many scales, you also need a calibration weight so be sure to check if you need one for whichever scale you choose.

I followed Tithra's advice and got mine at one of those tobacco shops (accurate to 0.1grams). They gave me a $10 discount because they thought it was so cute that I was weighing my goldfish food :rofl

Edited by Linzi Glitter

I have the one fantailfan suggested and it works swell :)

I'm hoping to pick up mine this weekend as well and was looking for suggestions too ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

You don't want one that only weighs up to 300g. :doh11: water weighs a lot. :rofl

That's all the advice I've got ,)