Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mygoldfishmylife

Python questions?

I'm on my phone so I won't look at the pic (takes awhile). But if the python works on your sink than the water pressure from the sink will allow you to use it even of the tank is bellow the sink. :) could be wrong but someone will correct me if otherwise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Will the python still work if my tank is below the sink? Also, does it work on any faucet?

here's my faucet: http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o792/razanbadr/IMG_20131016_235927_zpse23486bd.jpg

Yes, the python will still work if your tank is below the level of your sink, but the water pressure wont be as strong, and you'll be wasting water trying to pull water up to the sink.

In this situation, I would suggest using a submersible pond pump that you just hook up and use the tubing of the python to run the water into an outlet. There'll be no water waste, you save money, and may even be faster. When done, you can just hook the python back to the sink and fill the tank up.

There's a thread of use of water changers in the poll section, you can check it out.

I think it will work on your faucet. See the silver ring at the bottom (closest to where the water comes out)? You unscrew what and then screw the python connector on to the place where that silver ring was. Then when you are done, just screw the silver ring back on.

Never liked the concept of a python. No offense. To me it is safer to make replacement water in some kind of vessel. I use a food grade trashcan.

Never liked the concept of a python. No offense. To me it is safer to make replacement water in some kind of vessel. I use a food grade trashcan.

This is what Prime is for. ;) It is just as safe. Unfortunately, many people don't have space to store water in the volume we use in our large tanks.

MGML, Alvin has given you some excellent advice. :)

Will the python still work if my tank is below the sink? Also, does it work on any faucet?

here's my faucet: http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o792/razanbadr/IMG_20131016_235927_zpse23486bd.jpg

Yes, the python will still work if your tank is below the level of your sink, but the water pressure wont be as strong, and you'll be wasting water trying to pull water up to the sink.

What do you mean wasting water? Do I have to keep the tap water running to get water out of my tank?

?

here's my faucet:?http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o792/razanbadr/IMG_20131016_235927_zpse23486bd.jpg

?

Yes, the python will still work if your tank is below the level of your sink, but the water pressure wont be as strong, and you'll be wasting water trying to pull water up to the sink.?
What do you mean wasting water? Do I have to ?keep the tap water running to get water out of my tank?
If your tank is below the sink level, then yes you have to keep the tap water running since gravity won't be able to pull the water up to the sink.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

What do you mean wasting water? Do I have to keep the tap water running to get water out of my tank?
If your tank is below the sink level, then yes you have to keep the tap water running since gravity won't be able to pull the water up to the sink.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Can I just suck the water out?

Yes. In order for it to siphon, the water coming out of your sink must remain on full blast for the entire time you suck out the water. You can still keep your python, just attach the tubing to a submersible pond pump in your tank and drain it into the sink. You can use your python to fill the tank back up. Always remember to treat the entire tank volume in conditioner before filling up! ;)

Edited by Georgia

Yes. In order for it to siphon, the water coming out of your sink must remain on full blast for the entire time you suck out the water. You can still keep your python, just attach the tubing to a submersible pond pump in your tank and drain it into the sink. You can use your python to fill the tank back up. Always remember to treat the entire tank volume in conditioner before filling up! ;)

If it's on full blast will it be sucking and refilling the tank or just sucking the water?

If it's on full blast will it be sucking and refilling the tank or just sucking the water?

The python works by creating a vacuum. The water running from the sink past the hosing creates this vacuum to suck up the water at the other end of the hose.

Siphoning water from a tank below the sink level, you have no gravity to help the vacuum and need the water to run the whole time you are pulling water out of the tank.

When you turn the knob to refill, you will leave the water running to fill the tank.

Edited by ChelseaM

Just sucking the water out since with the faucet tap water, it creates a syphon that sucks out the water.