Sign in to follow this  
Tohru1529

Baby Oliver in 2 days

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I used to have 2 Parakeets Birdie and Jazmin. They were the best birds ever. I went to petsmart with a friend to look at the birds. My mom let me buy one. I name it Birdie,because I was young and did not come up with a name. She used to bite me,but I work with her and she was biting less. Then I went to the pets store 1 year later and got Jazmin. She was a sweet heart. She never ever bite anything or anyone. Well one day I had a paperclip in the cage to hold a toy. Well it rust and Jazmin was stuck. My dad save her life she was ok. 1 year later,we took her to the vet. The vet took care of her beak for me,because it was long and she had a hard time eating. The vet guy came back and said the hole were her throat was is not healing and she may not have long to live. Well days later she die November 15,2008. Birdie live untie she was 5 years old. She die October 21,2010 So I am glad I am get a parakeet again. Can you guys give some tips,because I have not had a parakeet in 4 years. What kind of toy should I get for my baby Oliver? I have food for him. All my birds eat pellets. Please help me pics soon.

Z1redba.jpg

Funny you posted this....I am thinking about getting a baby parakeet! I haven't had bird in many years. I used to breed parrots & cockatiels. I don't want to do all THAT again, but I have some time on my hands & have been thinking training a baby parakeet could be quite fun!! Hhmmmmmmmm :idea

Funny you posted this....I am thinking about getting a baby parakeet! I haven't had bird in many years. I used to breed parrots & cockatiels. I don't want to do all THAT again, but I have some time on my hands & have been thinking training a baby parakeet could be quite fun!! Hhmmmmmmmm :idea

Yes it is

It is a lot of work. I have been working with mine for months now and while I can get one to stop up he still would rather be anywhere but with me. So guess training is going ok but bonding is not. Now I have a second one to tame too. Going to go about this one different see if it well bond better.

I agree with Angie. Training these guys is a lot of work. I'm just glad when I had mine she was accepting of the training and we bonded well.

I'd suggest anything except a mirror. Mirrors inhibit the bonding process and I've found that they create grumpy birds. The bird would rather bond to the mirror more than their owner.

Cuttlebone and wood chain link chews were Snowball's favorites, as well as just plain old paper towel rolls. Making bird-safe toys is a very fun and rewarding experience, so I recommend that!

I so want a bird! My husband says :wa

Good luck with baby Oliver :heart

LOL my hubby wouldn't dare tell me no when it comes to birds. Cause then I just might get another dog and he don't want that at all. lol