Helen

Lets See Those Koko's Pearlscales!

37 posts in this topic

yooohoooo! y'all know the drill! out with your robust pearlscale photos! pronto! :bat:

ms piggy :wub:

mspiggy_zps572d9e01.jpg

note: please do not copy, reuse or reblog any photos posted here without requesting permission to do so by contacting the owner of the photo through the koko PM system or our Admin direct.

lets enjoy! :heart

Oh my, you are so...round, Ms. Piggy! :rofl

Orange Julius, 2009:

Pearlscales014.jpg

oho! Right up my alley.

p4gg.jpg

Cider! (hamnishiki)

46b8.jpg

Ushi! (Tiku)

null_zps7bb590b5.jpg

null_zps21c994da.jpg

New little one in QT! Also a hamanishiki

Also those who are no longer with us :C (I've left out a few that didn't made it through QT)

DSC08868.jpg

Roosevelt (hamanishiki)

9577ef03.jpg

Ellie (hamanishiki)

c8eb77d9.jpg

Hirohito (tiku)

fish15thfeb004.jpg

Winston (tiku)

I never thought I would ever be fond of pearlscale goldfish. they kinda grow on you!. I only have one, ms piggy.. might bomb the thread again later. feel free to post short vids of your pearlies here too :) they have awesome little characters :wub:

Oh my goodness they are beautiful :wub:

I'll have to see if I can find the battery for my camera later for some good pics when I get home from work.

I never thought I would ever be fond of pearlscale goldfish. they kinda grow on you!. I only have one, ms piggy.. might bomb the thread again later. feel free to post short vids of your pearlies here too :) they have awesome little characters :wub:

Most people say it's either love/hate with pearl scales. I say after a few days watching them swimming(wriggling) around there is no way to still be on that hate side of the fence. Maybe on the extreme body types, but there's no way to hate a good pearl scale.

yooohoooo! y'all know the drill! out with your robust pearlscale photos! pronto! :bat:

ms piggy :wub:

mspiggy_zps572d9e01.jpg

note: please do not copy, reuse or reblog any photos posted here without requesting permission to do so by contacting the owner of the photo through the koko PM system or our Admin direct.

lets enjoy! :heart

Helen, looks like Ms. Piggy ate Kermit!

:rofl2

Great thread Helen. Why didn't I think of it? :)

This is Pearl which I think might be a boy who then will be called Captain. ha ha ha :doh11:

This photo was taken a month ago. I need to post a more current photo because I think her/his belly has grew some.

[/url]">http://DSC02231_zps2b8a857c.jpg

you all are not helping my never ending craving for a couple of pearlies to call my own ;)

Love the pics though :) keep em comin!!!

do it shelly! you won't regret it :)

I so badly want pearlscales but with no room!!!!! And I can get them in at my LFS. :cry

I never thought I would ever be fond of pearlscale goldfish. they kinda grow on you!. I? only have one, ms piggy.. might bomb the thread again later. feel free to post short vids of your pearlies here too :) they have awesome little characters :wub:

I don't think I can make the jump to pearscales just yet lol.

I do have to ask what is the red spot on ms. Piggy? To the right side on her belly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think I can make the jump to pearscales just yet lol.

I do have to ask what is the red spot on ms. Piggy? To the right side on her belly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I had been wanting pearlscales for a very long time. I was told they're very difficult to look after, ie, need to step up your game & not slip on your maintenance routines, provide excellent foods and even then, it's iffy. well, my fish already receive this service and I do nothing different for Ms Piggy. she's the smallest fish in my tank and pretty much the boss. she's a pig when it comes to food, if the chu's headbutt her out of the way, well, she retaliates by sniping the food just before they get it. she uses her roundness to just push them away.

that spot has been with her ever since I got her. I am not sure what it is. a closer inspection indicates it might just be colour. it's not deep enough in colour or position to be blood and there is no vein running across it to give the impression that one has burst. it hasn't affected her, so we just leave it. I admit, it's something I keep an eye on, but it's not grown or reduced in size since she's been in my care.

Love these pics! :)

My only pearlie: Beanie. He passed away several years ago.

IMG_0414.jpg

Lovin' this thread! If I had a bigger tank a pearlscale would definitely be on my want list. For now I'll live vicariously through these pics.

My Kimi who passed away. I miss her.

IMG_2216.jpgIMG_2189.jpg

am I sensing that this community of goldfish lovers is pearlie deprived? :o

you are all enabled! go.. get.. pearlies!! everyone! :D

we need more pics here.. all I got is Ms Piggy, I want to see MORE!..

am I sensing that this community of goldfish lovers is pearlie deprived? :o

you are all enabled! go.. get.. pearlies!! everyone! :D

we need more pics here.. all I got is Ms Piggy, I want to see MORE!..

You.... Allowing me to get another fish?!?!

:rofl3 jk although, I have been longing for a pearlie. I had one years ago but unfortunately does to fin rot :(

That is one regal looking fish, and some great photos.

Pearls

043.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

That is one regal looking fish, and some great photos.

Shakaho, your pearl is no slouch either.

:)