Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
goldiegeek

LFS Ottawa, Ontario

Hi Guys,

If you live in Ottawa, I have a hot tip! I was at Big Al's East yesterday and someone dropped off a giant orange oranda. I mean GIANT. He looks like he has (or had) fin rot and he has a few ammonia burns that are healing. The previous owner just didn't want him. He is beautiful. I have never seen one so large in person. Two hander for sure. They want $45 for him. I was so upset because I just filled my last goldie spot. UGH! At the same store, they also have some beautiful medium/large orandas that are fat and so cute! They even have blues and one solid black (may actually keep the colour considering they are a bit older!) $32.99 I think. The Ottawa West store has some chunky medium ranchus. I have never seen either of these stores with fish like that. Check it out! Last week I bought a chunky ranchu and have never seen his colouring before. He is pale yellow with a grey stripe that starts at his nose and goes right to the tail fin. His tail fin has a ring of grey and a ring of yellow. Man I gotta figure out how to post photos lol.

I usually shop at the West location (Kanata) and they almost always have massive fancies in the tank if you hang a right when you walk into the fish area and go to the very end.

~~Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk~~

Big Al's is a great source in Ontario. I have read great reviews about them for quite a few years. :)

I feel so teased because there aren't any pictures!! :krazy::P;)

I am going to go to the store and take some photos with my SLR. The west end location is much better than the east. I don't know if they have a new supplier, but these fish were much different than what they usually have. I have a feeling that the photos won't do the giant oranda justice in terms of his size. He's like a softball.