Kokos Goldfish Forum
bubbles22

Butterfly Telescope Fry!

Is that a tablespoon theyre in?

Oh no, that's a 1/2 cup measuring cup :)

Congratulations, I also breed butterfly and find them very exciting active fish.

what a wonderful job you have done so far :) may I ask how much your dosing with prazi? mine's on order should be here over the weekend I hope, my fry will just be a week old tomorrow give or take a couple of days as I stumbled upon them by accident ;) lol

Squee!! They are getting to cute!!

what a wonderful job you have done so far :) may I ask how much your dosing with prazi? mine's on order should be here over the weekend I hope, my fry will just be a week old tomorrow give or take a couple of days as I stumbled upon them by accident ;) lol

Thank you :)

I was already dosing the main tanks with prazi so when I did water changes, I changed the water for all tanks, prazi'd the main tanks, then did water changes for the fry using the prazi'd water in the main tank.

As of now, the fry are in a half-filled ten gallon tank so I use a mL pipet I got off of amazon to measure out a single dose of prazi.

I prazi'd all the fry from the day they hatched/day I found them and I've had no deaths so far :)

Good luck with yours!! They grow so much during the first month :D

Congratulations, I also breed butterfly and find them very exciting active fish.

Thank you, I read through your fry thread and found it very informative. The babies turned out gorgeous :)

I moved everyone into a 10 gallon tank with a sponge filter and an AC20 w/ a prefilter sponge. There are about 20-30 fry. I haven't gotten an exact count yet. Some of the fry are turning a lighter color while others are turning darker. I started feeding them Repashy SG along with their usual brine shrimp.

:rofl. Look at all those fat bellies !! They look great! :heart

they all look great :)

:rofl. Look at all those fat bellies !! They look great! :heart

Thanks you! They're little piggies, alright. Perhaps even more so than their parents haha.

they all look great :)

Thank you :D

Edited by bubbles22

There are 9 fry in both of the pictures. These pictures were taken 12 days apart.

EP7VF0e.jpg

Oh wow! They're awesome! If I had the space and didn't live in Viking-land, I would be begging to get a few from you.

nYJCUck.jpg

A compilation of 5-6 week olds. I took a few pictures while they were in a container during a water change :)

Wonderful updates! They are developing beautifully and all have such unique tails :)

awwww They are so darn cute :) how many do you have??

Wonderful updates! They are developing beautifully and all have such unique tails :)

Thank you! And yeah, I can't find too many with the same type of tail :o they really are all unique

awwww They are so darn cute :) how many do you have??

Thanks :) After culling and some cannibalism, I have roughly 30 fry. My goldies are still spraying eggs all over my plants too :P

Looking great :) :thumbup

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Wow this is awesome! I would love to raise some butterfly fry. Looking forward to seeing what they look like :)

BTW, if a few need a home.... just saying haha.

EEEEEE! :D I'm not sure there are enough vowels in the English alphabet to be able to properly type the squealy sound those babies cause me to make. SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!

Ohhh, they are growing up so much! :wub:

What is their length, currently?