Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bubbles22

Butterfly Telescope Fry!

Congrats, that's awesome! It takes the nerves out of breeding and hatching eggs when you just find them in the tank like that. :P With your beautiful photography, I am expecting amazing pictures. :)

:X I wish I had the right lens to take amazing pictures of the tiny little things but I don't :(

I must ask the bf to find me a nice macro lens when he comes back from his trip :teehee

Here are some pictures. I know they're not up to par with my goldfish pictures but I had to go low-tech and do it sans flash to not blind the babies :P

p3ho4rv.jpg

Some eggs I got yesterday with teeny eyes:

hAP4qmH.jpg

I started the fry on bbs today and they took to it very well :) Their tummies are pink, full of shrimps. I compared them to photos of other fry and I'm going to guess they're about five days old.

Rs5DP1K.jpg

qjM0wEi.jpg

D'aaawwwwww!!!!! :wub:

Congrats on your little ones. :)

Wow those photos look amazing compared to the photos I can take with my phone. I really need to invest in a camera lol. Congrats on the babies! I was feeding mine first bites but then I just got frozen baby brine shrimp and the growth rate since I've been feeding them those has been ridiculous. My lps doesn't carry brine shrimp eggs or anything so I figured that's almost as good

Wow those photos look amazing compared to the photos I can take with my phone. I really need to invest in a camera lol. Congrats on the babies! I was feeding mine first bites but then I just got frozen baby brine shrimp and the growth rate since I've been feeding them those has been ridiculous. My lps doesn't carry brine shrimp eggs or anything so I figured that's almost as good

Thank you! The frozen ones are such a time/energy saver but I already bought the eggs months ago so I thought I may as well use them. I'm going to be trying microworms later on today too!

Great to hear your little ones are growing well~ I read through all your threads in the breeding section while I was doing research haha :P They're very helpful.

Thank you! The frozen ones are such a time/energy saver but I already bought the eggs months ago so I thought I may as well use them. I'm going to be trying microworms later on today too!

Great to hear your little ones are growing well~ I read through all your threads in the breeding section while I was doing research haha :P They're very helpful.

For a while i wasnt having much luck and after a couple weeks id lose them but ive had these for about a month one a little more im glad they were helpful

For a while i wasnt having much luck and after a couple weeks id lose them but ive had these for about a month one a little more im glad they were helpful

At what week did you prazi them?

To be honest I haven't done prazi yet they're in a breeder box in the big fish tank and I can't prazi them without giving it to the big fish too. I'm just playing it by ear. They're getting big and are healthy. They don't show any signsof flukes or abnormalities so I'm going to wait until they're big enough for their own tank and filter

They are so cute!!!!

The eggs I found Wednesday morning have started to hatch, here's one of the first ones:

b1Kbs4R.jpg

And today I have another batch of 50+ eggs :o Tabitha was looking really uncomfortable with the boys chasing her into the plants so I handspawned her into a small container. She's much more active now. She was bottom sitting quite a bit last night.

Junior is the father of this batch.

I noticed that there was a small portion of the eggs that didn't stick to the container. They're probably not fertilized D: I'm expecting less than 50% of the eggs to make it.

Either way, I have a bunch of babies right now. Thank goodness I don't start school until end of September.

Wow, congrats! What are you going to do with 30+ fish if they make it? :o

I can't wait to see what they grow up to look like!

Oh my, you're going to have your hands full!

Yeah :P The ones I found from the tank are about a week old today and they're already so much work! I'm kinda glad the ones that I found as eggs don't have to be fed yet

Thank you! Unfortunately, most of the eggs from yesterday grew fungus-y so there may not even be one viable egg. I have 5 from the main tank as fry and about 13-14 that just hatched so that's about 19 :D

I have a 100 gallon stock tank for them to grow out in then I'll sell/give them away to whoever wants them. No LFS in my area sells this breed so maybe it won't be too difficult...

Last resort is I'll sell them to the LFS.

I can't wait to see either! ^-^

Sorry to hear about the fungus but hopefully you get some more cuties still!! :D

Oh my, you're going to have your hands full!

Yeah :P The ones I found from the tank are about a week old today and they're already so much work! I'm kinda glad the ones that I found as eggs don't have to be fed yet

Thank you! Unfortunately, most of the eggs from yesterday grew fungus-y so there may not even be one viable egg. I have 5 from the main tank as fry and about 13-14 that just hatched so that's about 19 :D

I have a 100 gallon stock tank for them to grow out in then I'll sell/give them away to whoever wants them. No LFS in my area sells this breed so maybe it won't be too difficult...

Last resort is I'll sell them to the LFS.

I can't wait to see either! ^-^

Check your local petstores and LFS and online for Methylene Blue. This is often used by breeders to prevent fungus. It is "considerably" safe to the eggs and fry :)

I use meth blue and it's helped the hatch rate considerably! I can't wait to see what these babies will look like. Their parents are beautiful so I have no doubt the babies will be too

Check your local petstores and LFS and online for Methylene Blue. This is often used by breeders to prevent fungus. It is "considerably" safe to the eggs and fry :)

I use meth blue and it's helped the hatch rate considerably! I can't wait to see what these babies will look like. Their parents are beautiful so I have no doubt the babies will be too

Thank you both for the advice :) I really wish I had some on hand earlier.

katearei, I hope they are too

The 2 day old fry are starting to become more active:

U2fcSKR.jpg

And the 6/7 day old fry I found in the tank are now starting to develop little tail fins:

KiIQwr1.jpg

bNheoht.jpg

They're so cute!! Congratulations!!! :)

aww I love fry pics :)

congrats!!!

They're looking so good! I wish I had good photos of my biggest fry. I've been calling it big bertha haha. There are only four but that ones the oldest and biggest. One of the others has button eyes and its so cute

They're looking so good! I wish I had good photos of my biggest fry. I've been calling it big bertha haha. There are only four but that ones the oldest and biggest. One of the others has button eyes and its so cute

I would looove to see pictures of them! *-* Have you checked if your phone has a macro function for the focus setting? It might help a lot when you take pictures of the fry.

I use the macro setting and they still don't come out too great and then once photobucket gets a hold of them they get worse