Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bubbles22

Butterfly Telescope Fry!

I just rescued two butterfly tele fry from the main tank. I have no idea how they managed to survive in there. They look to be good swimmers already though they like to take rests still every now and then.

I put them in a small container with a couple of water lettuce for now.

I don't have anything to feed them though and I'm not sure what to do since I've never been able to raise fry to the point where they're swimming like this :o

My new air pump and airline tubing isn't coming in until tomorrow so I can't put them in the 10 gallon with a sponge filter yet. They were supposed to be for the eggs I found yesterday.

Eek. I'm so excited right now. I really hope I can take care of them properly this time.

Good luck!

Good luck! Pictures! :P

Good luck!

Good luck! Pictures! :P

Thank you, I'll definitely need it ! I would try to take pictures but they're so small. Plus I don't wanna get too attached D:

Omgsh. I just scooped out another two *-* Where are they coming from...

Cool beans! What good little hiders :nana

Their song should be"I will survive"

Oh I would be SOOOOO excited to find babies!!!

Best of luck to you!!!! Hope they grow big & healthy!!! :thumbup2:

Cool beans! What good little hiders :nana

Their song should be"I will survive"

:teehee

And hopefully they will do just that haha.

It's survival of the fittest in the big tank so I'm counting on these to be the strongest of the bunch that was probably laid last week :o

Oh I would be SOOOOO excited to find babies!!!

Best of luck to you!!!! Hope they grow big & healthy!!! :thumbup2:

Yeah! I thought I was excited enough to find eggs, but finding babies was just wow :P

Thank you ^-^

I hope they make it!

Woohoo! Congrats! I hope they live long and strong :D

Do you have a plant tank, or could you set one up? All of my fry have appeared in plant containers, presumably hatching from eggs stuck to plants that I moved from the fish tank/pond. I was very determined to find no fry this year, but I had some plants in one pond that were really nearly eaten, so I moved them to a tub, and added some fertilizer. A few weeks later there were a dozen cute little baby fishies in there. The fry find plenty of natural food in a plant tank. If you put some duckweed in they will find even more goodies, since tasty little rotifers love to live on the underside of duckweed plants. When the fry start looking like little goldfish, I crush some Omega One flakes for them. My fry survival rate is way, WAY too high.

Congratulations!!!

Do you have a plant tank, or could you set one up? All of my fry have appeared in plant containers, presumably hatching from eggs stuck to plants that I moved from the fish tank/pond. I was very determined to find no fry this year, but I had some plants in one pond that were really nearly eaten, so I moved them to a tub, and added some fertilizer. A few weeks later there were a dozen cute little baby fishies in there. The fry find plenty of natural food in a plant tank. If you put some duckweed in they will find even more goodies, since tasty little rotifers love to live on the underside of duckweed plants. When the fry start looking like little goldfish, I crush some Omega One flakes for them. My fry survival rate is way, WAY too high.

Do you Prazi your fry? I was thinking of trying this approach with Clementine's future babies. Also, do you raise the water level at all?

Edited by ChelseaM

Yes, yes I do :) I have a bunch of water lettuce floating at the top of the tank they were born in, not to mention the tank they were found in is heavily planted as well.

Congratulations!!!

Do you Prazi your fry? I was thinking of trying this approach with Clementine's future babies. Also, do you raise the water level at all?

The fry I found last year didn't make it to 1 week so they weren't Prazi'd.

The fry I found today, however, are currently in tank water that contains Prazi b/c I'm currently dosing prazi in their parents' tank so I'm not sure if that will be problematic since I've read around and members have said they start Prazi at around 2 weeks?

As for the water level, they were doing fine in a completely filled 40 gallon tank but I will be putting them in a 10 gallon soon with perhaps just 6 inches of water.

Congrats on finding a couple of fry. Then when you said you found two more. :) Wow! :)

:rofl Keep looking! :goodjob

Wow how exciting :) get your self some bay brine shrimp asap they love that stuff ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah!! So, given your fish keeping skills I have high hopes so CONGRATS! Might I raise my hand and state that at anytime if you end up with too many teles (especially the calico variety) I will gladly go out and buy another tank and start the adoption process! Steve and Eleanor (that's what I named your fish) are doing so well, have such awesome personalities and are so healthy that I would gladly make room for more! Plus,what's one more fish tank right!!?! Good luck with your new arrivals. I can't wait for pics!

very exciting!! congrats!

Congrats on finding a couple of fry. Then when you said you found two more. :) Wow! :)

Thank you :D

:rofl Keep looking! :goodjob

Lol! Trust me, I was looking all day. I actually found a fifth but I think that's the last of them ^-^

Wow how exciting :) get your self some bay brine shrimp asap they love that stuff ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

:D I actually just came back from getting supplies and that was one of my items :P

Yeah!! So, given your fish keeping skills I have high hopes so CONGRATS! Might I raise my hand and state that at anytime if you end up with too many teles (especially the calico variety) I will gladly go out and buy another tank and start the adoption process! Steve and Eleanor (that's what I named your fish) are doing so well, have such awesome personalities and are so healthy that I would gladly make room for more! Plus,what's one more fish tank right!!?! Good luck with your new arrivals. I can't wait for pics!

Aw Maya, you're the greatest :blush:

If they do make it and you're interested, you can have first choice haha.

very exciting!! congrats!

It is! Thank you :)

Congrats, that's awesome! It takes the nerves out of breeding and hatching eggs when you just find them in the tank like that. :P With your beautiful photography, I am expecting amazing pictures. :)