Sign in to follow this  
xjasminex

NLS...messyness....new kind of food?

50 posts in this topic

Sponge before pads is better, because then the dirty water gets filtered through the bigger pores of the sponge first, and then filter padding.

I lied actually. I also have a layer of matala-like media in between the sponge and the filter padding. :)

Sponge before pads is better, because then the dirty water gets filtered through the bigger pores of the sponge first, and then filter padding.

I lied actually. I also have a layer of matala-like media in between the sponge and the filter padding. :)

Cool I'll change it tomorrow.. and :whistle matala eh.. another thing on my wishlist :D

I so far past you guys! I went through my hikari lionhead and sand phase like a year ago :rofl Planted tanks are where it's at!

I so far past you guys! I went through my hikari lionhead and sand phase like a year ago :rofl Planted tanks are where it's at!

HEY I JUST STARTED! lol! I'm getting into plants now too.. ahhh

I ultimately found that the sand I liked was too compact for the amount of plants I wanted. I have flourite in my tank now and the plants love it. So now I'm in the REPASHY AND FLOURITE PHASE.

I tried the eheim automatic feeder, and I came back home to find a pile of pellets on the bottom of my tank and cloudy water. Not sure your problem is the same, but I love my Fishmate automatic feeder. It has 14 compartments that you can load with with exactly th number of pellets that ou want to feed and you can do multiple feeding per day.

I think I'm going to get one. I was looking at the Eheim so you changed my mind. I work long hours like xjasmin and this wold help my little guys a lot with small frequent meals thanks for the info

Glad it could help someone else!!

I'm excited to be able to feed them better. Now just the right food to get!

I'm looking into the pro gold for pellets....what do you guys think of this food....

http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/fish-food-feeders/kens-premium-vegetable-sticks.html

The only issue is that it comes in such a large amount.

I didn't like ProGold. It was messy and made my fish floaty.

Thanks Shawneeriver for sharing I certainly dont want another messy food in addition to what I already have!

Molbert and I got some to share, and we both were underwhelmed.

Glad it could help someone else!!

I'm excited to be able to feed them better. Now just the right food to get!

I'm looking into the pro gold for pellets....what do you guys think of this food....

http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/fish-food-feeders/kens-premium-vegetable-sticks.html

The only issue is that it comes in such a large amount.

Here's my take on Pro Gold. It is crumbly and makes a bit of a mess during feeding. However, I don't find that it makes the water cloudy or fouls the tank. Some fish do get floaty on it and I've heard this complaint from several people. But, most fish seem to tolerate it very well and show amazing growth on this food.

I feed Pro Gold to my 3 Fancies in the 55 gallon every other morning. I do NOT pre-soak it. They like it very much and do not have floaty issues. I have also seen noticeable growth since I added it into the mix. My Black Moor in the 29 gallon gets constipated on this food. So, I give her Omega One instead.

Maybe you can ask for a small sample to see how your fish tolerate the food?

I ultimately found that the sand I liked was too compact for the amount of plants I wanted. I have flourite in my tank now and the plants love it. So now I'm in the REPASHY AND FLOURITE PHASE.

Haha! My Repashy phase came and went! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Haha! My Repashy phase came and went! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Only because you're lazy!

I'm currently in my Hikari Lionhead, Omega One, Pro Gold, New Life Spectrum, Repashy Solient Green, Red Leaf Lettuce, Sand and Anubias Phase Phase :rofl

Hey guys is goldfishconnection the only place to buy progold? It appears as though they only do google wallet as payment...?

I do not want another online payment method....PayPal is enough!

Yes. It is the only one.

-Using Tapatalk.

poo.

Why don't you try Omega One. Petco and Petsmart sell it and it is a good, well-priced food. You can also try Hikari Lionhead (which is my favorite) but it's more expensive.

I don't like progold for my goldfish but the cory cats like it lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Omega one is good I like it. I use it and nls right now.

I use everything except Saki Hikari.

At some point I also used Dainichi. Those were some fun green pellets. :rofl

I use everything except Saki Hikari.?

?

explain?

Money doesn't really matter...all those long hours that I work pay off. I'll look more into those two foods. Thanks!

Money doesn't really matter...all those long hours that I work pay off. I'll look more into those two foods. Thanks!

Okay, then try the Lionhead. It's not at all messy.

I will, thanks guys!

And I emailed ken from kens fish about the veggie sticks, hopefully I will have three food to alternate with my fancy new feeder!

I use everything except Saki Hikari.

explain?

Dainichi pellets are almost a bright green color, like this :rofl

art_goldfish_colormax.jpg