Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

I Blame Cheryl and the MagiKarp!

Congratulations Alex.

Nice looking fish.

The Ryukins both looked shocked, but the Moor is clearly not amused with your impulse by.

Very handsome oranda! That's $18 dollars spend very well

I saw your title and was like, What are you talking about?

Aww! You got yourself a new fish and an Oranda at that. You go right ahead and blame me Alex if you want. lol I have been talking about my new fish a lot. :) Your Oranda is gorgeous. Is the wen changing color to white OR does the fish have a two tone color going on? I love it. I hope your qt goes well and too bad about that first qt leak.

:) My new thing on here now is seeing if I see breeding stars when I see fish. Ha ha I see them in your black moor's photo. :) I hope my little one gets bigger just like yours did.

Enjoy your new Oranda. I'm so happy you have one. :) Your Oranda forgot to put lipstick on the bottom lip. :)

Edited by 4prettyfish

Thank you, everyone! :)

I appreciate all your comments. For some reason, the multiquote function is not working properly for me, so I can't respond to individually. My apologies. :)

Cindi, the name is Anomander Purake, from my favorite fantasy series, the Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson. However, I think I am going to have to pick a different name, because I think the fish is a she! :rofl

Cheryl, I'm glad you are having fun picking out tubercles. I'm going to do an extended QT (2 months), because I have no idea what I will do with the fish just yet. I am happy so far, because it looks like she is relatively parasite free. The 0.3% salt and double dose of Prazipro didn't faze her at all. I'm glad, because she was sharing a tank with some awfully clampy koi. It may have been because she was only there for 24 hours, so she didn't catch on to anything, if there were anything to catch.

:) That's great that your new cutie seems to be parasite free. You are going to have a lot of patience waiting two months of qt time. I don't think I'd be able to wait that long. You need to video her. And congrats on the "girl".

I forgot to say earlier; I don't think my Petco's around here have the bigger fish like Petsmart does. I don't think I've ever seen any. You paid an awesome price for your Oranda. Congrats again.

It's not so much patience as not having any place in the big tanks for them to go into. :o

Beautiful!!!!!

It's not so much patience as not having any place in the big tanks for them to go into. :o

Does this mean an upgrade coming? I hope everything works out how you want it to.

Not necessarily. The place where the tank is can accommodate a 20g, or I can put one in my bedroom. I will then just have one in the 20, whichever one that will be. :)

:rofl I love the 'reactions'

welcome back to the oranda club! You were starting to make me reconsider my own oranda keeping for awhile there :P

He has a nice big mouth! and very pretty coloring

welcome back to the oranda club! You were starting to make me reconsider my own oranda keeping for awhile there :P

Thank you!

I was trying not to think about orandas, but there is no denying that they are my favorites.

It's funny what you said, because part of the reason why I decided to go for it was seeing how well Edie and Hashi are doing! :D

Beautiful!!!!!

Thank you, Heidi! :)

Thank you!

I was trying not to think about orandas, but there is no denying that they are my favorites.

It's funny what you said, because part of the reason why I decided to go for it was seeing how well Edie and Hashi are doing! :D

Beautiful!!!!!

Orandas have to be my favorite too. Mostly their faces :D The one thing I am not a fan of though is long tails (says the girl who owns two fish with big tails lol). I would ideally want long bodied (to avoid SBD), short tailed, super chubby cheeked orandas.... does that exist? :rofl

Thank you!

Beautiful!!!!!

Orandas have to be my favorite too. Mostly their faces :D The one thing I am not a fan of though is long tails (says the girl who owns two fish with big tails lol). I would ideally want long bodied (to avoid SBD), short tailed, super chubby cheeked orandas.... does that exist? :rofl

I think I have had one or two that might have fit that criteria, like the chocolate oranda, but that one has long tails. :rofl

Not necessarily. The place where the tank is can accommodate a 20g, or I can put one in my bedroom. I will then just have one in the 20, whichever one that will be. :)

Just one, yeah right! :rofl2 :rofl2 :rofl2 :rofl2

LOL. I really don't want to set up another big tank, so a 20 is the biggest that I would do.

I may move one of the chus out to the 20 when the QT is over, and move the ora into 100. I'm not sure yet. :)

LOL. I really don't want to set up another big tank, so a 20 is the biggest that I would do.

I may move one of the chus out to the 20 when the QT is over, and move the ora into 100. I'm not sure yet. :)

These were all funny comments. Before you know it Alex you are going to have a lot of big tanks throughout your home. I vote for you to get another big one. :) I really wish I bought a 75g instead of my 55g back then. I had the opportunity because my friends came with me to the pet store with their truck when I purchased the 55g. I can just kick myself now at times. How many inches is your Oranda, Alex?

Cheryl, she is 2.5 inches body, and nearly 4 total length. :)

I redid her QT a bit, to make it a bit more livable :)

004_zps378b704a.jpg

beautiful!

I lol'd at the reactions :)

That's a very nice qt tank. You know that's a photo and not a video. :)

She's so cute. Not tiny but not real big. You'll have lots of time to grow her up/out. (ha ha which one to use?ha ha)

You should post a photo of her in my "Show me your Oranda please" topic.

That's a very nice qt tank. You know that's a photo and not a video. :)

She's so cute. Not tiny but not real big. You'll have lots of time to grow her up/out. (ha ha which one to use?ha ha)

You should post a photo of her in my "Show me your Oranda please" topic.

I will, once she is more used to me. She is quite shy, and has taken to her food just yet. It takes her an hour to eat 2 pellets, and that was only when I was nowhere near the room.

:)

aww, the poor little Oranda. :(

May she not be so shy in a couple of days.

Thank you!

The great news is that she is completely unaffected by Prazi, so that's great. I was a little nervous because she shared a tank with those clampy koi.

I went back today, and they only had 2 orandas left in that tank, so 6 have been purchased already. I'm glad I got her. :D

Wow! All those Oranda's did go fast. People knew what a great purchase they were. Not to mention the cute factor. :) I'm curious to why you went back? I thought your next sentence was going to be that you picked up another one so your one Oranda won't be lonely. :teehee:laugh:

Those poor koi's. I hope the other Oranda's get sold by the weekend. When I bought my new Oranda there were two or three others(all orange but the one I got) and when I went back about 4 days later there was only my Oranda along with two new Ryukins. I'm just so surprised that someone didn't snatch up mine before I went back to get him.

I hope you baby continues doing great with the prazi treatments. I'm going to be on the look out for a new thread re: video on her soon then. :)

:rofl

I go to Petco/Petsmart quite often, both to look at supplies (almost never fish), get supplies, and to give Dash a roam in the stores. :)

I went back this last time because I needed to get the sand and some plants. :)

any name yet? If not, what about Magikarp?

magikarp-pokemon-21189911-640-617.jpg