20130819_102040_zps13843ea8.jpg

Herbert and Adam

20130819_102208_zpsce951bca.jpg

Two newies in qt.

They're beautiful!

Lisa, Waddles pics NOW!

Here is my Beatrice :D She is also from ECRu6ajynyv.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Beatrice is so beautiful. I love her tail.
Thanks Heidi :)

My chus had very little wen. I don't feed wen-enhancing food or bloodworms, so maybe that was a factor. One of my chus was my biggest and fastest growing fish, but even when he topped 100 grams, he still had no wen. :idont

I always liked them with little or no wen growth.

Guess it's just a preference.

Me too, and that's a big reason I don't feed those things. ;)

So many cute adorable Chu's :) can't pick a fave ;)

How did I miss this thread? Anyway mine.. MsChu

DSC00525_zpsdaa23988.jpg

very beautiful chu.. Mr Flips :)

Naw MsChu is gorgeous! So many cute squishy faces! Do they require any special care? Can you keep them with other kinds of goldies?

null_zps7b95441d.jpgnull_zpsda6502b5.jpgnull_zpsed01c60d.jpgnull_zps30d48f2e.jpg

This is Moon. Sh hates pictures. :teehee

My chus had very little wen. I don't feed wen-enhancing food or bloodworms, so maybe that was a factor. One of my chus was my biggest and fastest growing fish, but even when he topped 100 grams, he still had no wen. :idont

I always liked them with little or no wen growth.

Guess it's just a preference.

Me too, and that's a big reason I don't feed those things. ;)

I thought wen size was determined by genetics, for the most part. I would very much like to add a tiny bit of wen to Mumford. :)

And I just went and googled this topic and would you believe that there is a thread on this very forum discussing wen enhancing goldfish food. Who would have thought.

Edited by Mr.B

Naw MsChu is gorgeous! So many cute squishy faces! Do they require any special care? Can you keep them with other kinds of goldies?

They require the same care as most goldfish basicly.

And yes you can keep them with other goldfish.

Aslong as they are able to get their share of food.

So a good rule of thumb is keep slower fish with slow fish. Ie don't keep a comet with a ranchu or telescope as they will out compete for food.

I have some tele's in with some ranchu atm no issues.

I thought wen size was determined by genetics, for the most part. I would very much like to add a tiny bit of wen to Mumford. :)

don't try and fix what ain't broken ;) if you have a nice healthy fish.. business as usual, don't change a thing :)

don't try and fix what ain't broken ;) if you have a nice healthy fish.. business as usual, don't change a thing :)

Actually, Helen, you make an excellent point. Everything in my tank is going swimmingly right now and I don't want to push my luck. :rofl

I guess that I lied! I said that I liked ranchus with little wen, but then I saw Shep and thought she was the cutest thing ever! I think she has a sheepdog face. :wub:

My new DO ranchus, Shep and Cow. Ranchus are my favorite, but don't tell the other fish, please. :teehee

9717002603_200f1a779d_b.jpg

9717002063_393cb83068_b.jpg

9785531446_29b47613f3_b.jpg

So a good rule of thumb is keep slower fish with slow fish. Ie don't keep a comet with a ranchu or telescope as they will out compete for food.

This is a fish-by-fish basis thing. As long as they all eat well you can keep any goldfish type with any other goldfish type. ;)

I guess that I lied! I said that I liked ranchus with little wen, but then I saw Shep and thought she was the cutest thing ever! I think she has a sheepdog face. :wub:

My new DO ranchus, Shep and Cow. Ranchus are my favorite, but don't tell the other fish, please. :teehee

9717002603_200f1a779d_b.jpg

9717002063_393cb83068_b.jpg

9785531446_29b47613f3_b.jpg

OMG, Shawn these fish are gorgeous!! Congratulations! One of them looks like a little cow! :wub: And those chubby cheeks!

Im guessing cow is the black n white.

Aptly named for colour. Buuuuuut I spy breeding stars on the fins so maybe 'Bull'? Seeing cows are female. . :P

This is a fish-by-fish basis thing. As long as they all eat well you can keep any goldfish type with any other goldfish type. ;)

Chelsea is right -- it depends on the fish. My most aggressive fish was a ranchu.

OMG, Shawn these fish are gorgeous!! Congratulations! One of them looks like a little cow! :wub: And those chubby cheeks!

Thanks! I'm loving those cheeks. :heart

I want to post this so badly, but I can't!! http://cheezburger.com/683151616 :rofl

Im guessing cow is the black n white.

Aptly named for colour. Buuuuuut I spy breeding stars on the fins so maybe 'Bull'? Seeing cows are female. . :P

Thanks!! I thought about that with the stars, but then he would be Bull, and we might have to talk about his poop sometime, and, well, it's downhill from there. :rofl

Actually, Helen, you make an excellent point. Everything in my tank is going swimmingly right now and I don't want to push my luck. :rofl

"Swimmingly"...nice. :rofl

Thought I'd share of a few of my favorite ranchus both from the present and from years past.

Chunk, a happy LFS find:

newguy2.jpg

Fargo, who I just absolutely adored:

fargoright.jpg

Chowder, still going strong today:

chowdertiki.jpg

King Triton, also alive and well (and SO HUGE):

tritonup.jpg

Here are the little raffle Ranchu I won! Cocoa and Ginger!

Posted Image

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chelsea is right -- it depends on the fish. My most aggressive fish was a ranchu.

Thanks everyone, very good to know! You know, just in case... :)

Wow Everyone, All of you have beautiful Ranchu's. I love the white, and black fish. But really, all of them are cute as can be. I must say though that Georgia's is adorable. :)

Thought I'd share of a few of my favorite ranchus both from the present and from years past.

Fargo, who I just absolutely adored:

fargoright.jpg

I loved Fargo too. :heart