Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
terris

How Old is Your Oldest Fancy Goldfish?

My oldest fancy is a Black Moor, he is a little bit more 2 years old.

Has lived most of his life in a planted + gravel tank. Since several week he is in a bare bottom tank alongside his tankmates.

Bing my fantail I've had for a year and a half now, Bilbo my oranda for just over a year.

Eco complete substrate

Pellets once a day of both Saki Hikari gold and ProGold small pellets - both soaked a couple of minutes

Veggies 2x a day: some combo of carrots, zuchini, squash, peas, green beans and seaweed

Lots of plants, maybe 15 or 16, nothing sophisticated just anubias and fern varieties.

Edited by CindiL

My fish are probably around a year and a half, and they're quite large. I feed them repashy SG, Pro-Gold, Algae discs, and lots of fresh aquarium plants. :rofl

I think 3 years

Pond

Rocks

Live plants

Bing my fantail I've had for a year and a half now, Bilbo my oranda for just over a year.

Eco complete substrate

Pellets once a day of both Saki Hikari gold and ProGold small pellets - both soaked a couple of minutes

Veggies 2x a day: some combo of carrots, zuchini, squash, peas, green beans and seaweed

Lots of plants, maybe 15 or 16, nothing sophisticated just anubias and fern varieties.

Thanks! It sounds like Bing and Bilbo are happy!

My fish are probably around a year and a half, and they're quite large. I feed them repashy SG, Pro-Gold, Algae discs, and lots of fresh aquarium plants. :rofl

What kind of fish?

My oldest is 9 months, I got him back in November. He has grown an enormous amount and is a five-incher right now. He was about an inch and a half when I got him. He spent most of his time in a 29 gallon with eco-complete and live plants but now lives in a 55 gallon with two other goldfish and a bristlenose pleco that is bare bottom.

I'm guessing my oldest fish, that is my newest fish, which is an Oranda, could be around 18 months to 2 years. :)

My other Oranda's I've had for a year already in July. So I'm guessing they are about 16 months.

I hope I can one year say that my fish are 5 plus years old. :)

Congratulations everyone for having your fish for such a long time.

About 3 years

a couple live plants

rocks, tiny bit of sand

Pro-Gold/Hikari lionhead/lots of veggies

Super strick water changing schedule

My fantail Baby is probably 2 almost 3 years old :idont

He's had substrate all his life (went with bare bottom for a month or two but I don't like the look and I'm willing to put in the extra time to clean). He had plastic plants until he moved in the 110 gallon when I added anubia and some kind of sword. Only the Anubias made it.....

He grew up on flakes (Ew I know) but then read more and changed to progold. Kept reading and now he's on a well rounded diet of repashy Soilent green and super green, progold, veggies, bloodworms, and brine shrimp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My oldest is 9 months, I got him back in November. He has grown an enormous amount and is a five-incher right now. He was about an inch and a half when I got him. He spent most of his time in a 29 gallon with eco-complete and live plants but now lives in a 55 gallon with two other goldfish and a bristlenose pleco that is bare bottom.

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing. Great job!!!

About 3 years

a couple live plants

rocks, tiny bit of sand

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like progold is a common theme. Strict water changes. I am curious if you change weekly or bi-weekly?

I'm guessing my oldest fish, that is my newest fish, which is an Oranda, could be around 18 months to 2 years. :)

My other Oranda's I've had for a year already in July. So I'm guessing they are about 16 months.

I hope I can one year say that my fish are 5 plus years old. :)

Congratulations everyone for having your fish for such a long time.

Me, too. I want to say someday that my fish are 5+ years old.

I really appreciate everyone sharing your stories of your fish ages and cage/diet. I know if I listen to you on this forum my 2 new ones will live to a ripe old age!! Thanks so much for the wonderful posts!

About 3 years

a couple live plants

rocks, tiny bit of sand

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like progold is a common theme. Strict water changes. I am curious if you change weekly or bi-weekly?

I do a virtually 90% water change one weekend, and a 50% the next. I only have 1 fish in a 144 liter tank.

Terris,

For Pro-Gold, just keep this in mind. It works great for some people, and really helps the fish to grow. However, for some fish, it makes them very floaty.

I forgot to mention, I feed Pro-Gold too along with spirulina discs and sometimes krill or brine shrimp for a treat

My female Orange Fantail, Tvilsen are more than 10 years old now :)

She has been i 4 different setups...The first 3 way to small.

Now she lives i a 66 gallons / 250 liter tank with riversand as substrate.

I feed her (and her tankmates) different foods, but use alot of Repashy gelfood now.

Both Hikari fancy goldfish pellets and Pro-gold makes her old body float, if i only use that.

Peas, beans, Duckweed and Bloodworms are also a hit :)

She is the big Orange and white one (she is turning white with age) in this movie:

I've had my Black Moore for around three years now and my Oranda's for about two and a half.

Gravel Substrate

Live Plants

Hikari Oranda/Hikari Lionhead/Hikari Bloodworms and Goldfish Dinner

My female Orange Fantail, Tvilsen are more than 10 years old now :)

She has been i 4 different setups...The first 3 way to small.

Now she lives i a 66 gallons / 250 liter tank with riversand as substrate.

I feed her (and her tankmates) different foods, but use alot of Repashy gelfood now.

Both Hikari fancy goldfish pellets and Pro-gold makes her old body float, if i only use that.

Peas, beans, Duckweed and Bloodworms are also a hit :)

She is the big Orange and white one (she is turning white with age) in this movie:

Gorgeous fish!!!

My longest lived fish was Fluffy who was 3.5 when she died. Current fish are 2.5 years.

I have always had live plants and went from blue clown gravel, to rocks to Eco complete and now bare bottom. :-)

They eat new life spectrum pellets, algae flakes, repashy and fresh veggies p,us a fasting day once a week.

I hope the current fish will be with me for a good long time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

my oldest fish currently is an 8.5 year old calico fantail about 6.5 inches, including her tail.

bare bottom tanks, except for a 2 year stint with lightly scattered gravel some time ago.

I tried all sorts of different foods (pellets mainly) then when I joined kokos, members showed me how to make good gelfood. their diet consisted mainly of fresh, steamed veggies and sardines.

now, they alternate between Repashy products and New Life Spectrum pellets.

I just started keeping goldies Dec 2012. My ryukin (Flipper) is the oldest and most floaty :teehee Her name was a self fulfilling professy :rofl I have bare bottom tanks now with some river rocks and glass stones. However, my petco sand should be here by the weekend :nana. I keep live plants , but easy ones like Anubis and crypts and java fern! I also keep plants in my filter to remove nitrates: bamboo, red mangrove and a houseplant who's name I'm blanking on right now.

Food: I have found out that I am overly susceptible to fish face begging... So I have to be very careful not to over feed these finned piggies! NLS Thera-A is my staple pellet, also feed hikari purple bag, omega one GF pellet, progold, FBW, FBS, blanched spinach and red leaf lettuce and frozen shelled peas :). Did I mention I like to watch them eat ;)

I think that the goldfish formula is only 3mm right? Some here think that the smalled 1-2mm is better for goldfish because some have developed problems from eating bigger food. Not all but some fish especially ones with a history of sw problems if I remember correctly from the discussion I read. I have the 2mm +a and mine gf love it. I have not saw the goldfish formula in person to compare them though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2