Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Helen

This is how I clean my plants free from Algae

yes, long boring Aussie speaking video :o

deal with it.. :rofl

but if you want algae free plants.. i guess you're gonna watch................ so.... welcome! :ehh:tomuch:

Ummm that is not bad and what about those of us with plants in substrate? lol But I guess if you have OCD and no gravel this is nice to see. lol

I like that idea!

Ummm that is not bad and what about those of us with plants in substrate? lol But I guess if you have OCD and no gravel this is nice to see. lol

*ahem!* mild OCD :rofl no seriously, i just do not like gravel, mainly from the looks of it. i've never had gravel or sand that i've really liked. i think i enjoy the sparkle a barebottom tank gives and i truly believe that the fish are not at a foraging disadvantage, well, certainly not mine. they forage those plants for hours after a feed. i am not really sure how i would clean a planted tank...

I like that idea!

thank you :)

oh I see, your tap's all fancy and has a spray function! :rofl

Really good video, and your anubias plants look very nice!

Edited by Narny105

oh I see, your tap's all fancy and has a spray function! :rofl

Really good video, and your anubias plants look very nice!

thank you #2! yes, that was definitely a requirement for me when the new laundry was built.. it took much persuasion :bat: but, i won the battle! :rofl

Awesome video Miss Helen!! I don't think my Anubias will ever look as nice as yours... My boogers eat all the new leaves!! :(

Awesome video Miss Helen!! I don't think my Anubias will ever look as nice as yours... My boogers eat all the new leaves!! :(

aaww, thank you!.. these will never look the same again either! my giants have all the plants now since i retired the other tank.. they've already started to nibble on their 'new' plants.. so it's only a matter of time that i prune them down to NOTHING! :rofl

Great video :thumb:

thank you Gustave :)

Nice job, Helen!

You must have had a horrendous few weeks letting the tank look like that. :rofl :rofl :rofl

now I got to clean mine :o

Beautiful! :) I'm so jealous of how big your anubias are!

I'm so jealous of how big your anubias are!

Yes, she does have big anubias! :rofl :rofl :rofl

you know I loved the video :)

I was wondering how old are your plants? and did you get them small?

great tutorial Helen!

thank you! :)

Nice job, Helen!

You must have had a horrendous few weeks letting the tank look like that. :rofl :rofl :rofl

OMG... just OMG.. that sooky lala vid that i took, was that not enough to explain my devastation? here it is again, just in case you missed it:

:rofl :rofl OMG how i LOATHE my tank to be like this!

now I got to clean mine :o

haha! well, it shouldn't really take you long hun.. it's only because i had to do a lot of talking that it took forever. but usually, i have them all soaked and scrubbed whilst the tank is emptying.. then i put them in to soak for the fresh water whilst the tank is filling. after the tank has filled, i then do the prime soaking & when they're done, i pop them straight back into the tank. that's it. if you do it whilst you're cleaning tanks, that little down time on empty & refill is filled by cleaning plants & the task seems minimal effort. (get Rick to mind Justine for a half hour :) )

Beautiful! :) I'm so jealous of how big your anubias are!

thank you tammy :bighug

I'm so jealous of how big your anubias are!

Yes, she does have big anubias! :rofl :rofl :rofl

OMG.. must you prostitue ALL my threads? :SmackBottom:

you know I loved the video :)

I was wondering how old are your plants? and did you get them small?

thanks shell! & thank you for the youtube comment :heart midway into the vid, i mention how old they are. 2.5-3 years old :)

yes, they were small to start with, but already attached to the driftwood, so all i needed to do was grow them :)

Ok! I watched it! It was not boring! And your plants are soooooo enviable :heart

I'm gonna watch it again ;)

I just did this to my anubias :) as well as my other large rocks :P it was simple and I just let them all soak for an hour as I clean the tank :) If only there was a way to keep the algae off the glass for awhile longer :whistle gosh I'm so lazy I don't even want to wipe the glass.... :teehee

I was hoping that this thread would resurface again. Lol! It's nearly time to bleach the algae off my own plants. :o :O

It was a pain to find lol is there anywhere it could get pinned? :idont I guess now that I know where to find it it's no real problem :P

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Goodness :heart

How long did the plants soak for? I'm hoping to do this today, but I have no idea how long they stay in the bleach. :o

3 minutes or so. I think mine were in for closer to 5 minutes until I realized they should have already been out. :rofl

No harm done. :teehee

Ah okay. Thanks! :D

I wasn't sure if I missed that somewhere, but I figured just a few minutes was fine from reading Helen's post that she does it during a water change. :)

Yay!

I soaked mine for ten min :o

I soak mine for forever. Lol I'll be doing a WC and forget they are sitting in the sink. I've never had problems with it though. They are all still fine. :)