Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MexiMike83

what is your tank's temperature?

I read somewhere that temperature can be important for plants. This got me wondering, what temperature do you guys keep your tanks to keep both plants and fancy goldfish happy?

I keep mine at around 72 in the winter. In the summer I just allow it to rise naturally with the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a bunch of plants that haven't died yet and they've been between 16C/61F and 26C/79F so far :P. Although I am worried that the tank could possibly get up to 30C/86F plus in a heatwave here so I'm buying a fan :/.

Room.

Room.

Exactly. Newt's tank gets very cold in the winter as we don't have central heat and live in Norway. It warms (never hot) in the summer. I have never had any luck overwintering anything but anubias. Basically, the tank goes a bit dormant in the winter and even Newton slows down.

This winter, I'm thinking of starting a sep. plant tank with more light and heat in the winter. I don't want to change anything in Newton's schedule because he does very well with it.

around 74F all year

Required temp is going to depend on what type of plants you are trying to keep. Some are more sensitive to low temps/temp swings than others, but these are the type of plants that are generally needy and difficult to keep overall. I think most common easy plants that we usually keep aren't too temp sensitive.

Room temp. It gets pretty cold, but never warm.

I keep mine at around 72 in the winter. In the summer I just allow it to rise naturally with the weather.

I do this, too. It's usually about 78 in the summer.

I keep mine about 74 all year long to help with their metabolism/digestion and floaty prone problems. As a side benefit, it feels pretty nice also when I'm cleaning it.

Mine is 77/78. I don't heat it, but it runs warm, perhaps because the hood and light setup.

I keep mine about 74 all year long to help with their metabolism/digestion and floaty prone problems. As a side benefit, it feels pretty nice also when I'm cleaning it.

Mine, not so much. It's cold when you have to reach down to the bottom and scrub! :rofl

Whatever room temperature. Gets pretty cold in the winter and fairly warm in the summer. My fish cope with it well and it's natural for them. :)

I keep mine at room temperature :) I just make sure that when I'm buying plants, they're plants that are happy living in cooler temperatures :)

I don't mess with it during the summer.. It's at 72F right now, though. 85F and a little higher was the hottest it's been at this summer.

During the winter I keep it at 68F min. :)

Edited by Chai

I unplug the heater in the summer as well. The highest it's been so far is 80F, but that was a month ago. This month, it's been around 70-76F. In the winter, I keep it around 72-74F.

My tank is set to 22 degrees Celsius for my Orandas and my plants are lush and green. :)

Mine runs about 76 in the summer, and if it gets below 70 in the winter I have a heater. I rarely have to use the heater, but I will at least bring up the temp of water change water if it is colder.

I have mine at 72F