Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ElaineSelene

Feeding my ECR Ranchu - Candy - the Epic Saga!

Hear ye, hear ye... this is an epic saga of feeding candy the ECR Ranchu. :)

I thought this would be interesting to share!

When I got Candy from East Coast Ranchu he was (and is) in perfect condition and healthy! However, he would not eat. After many messages exchanged with Cynthia (ECR) we were desperatly trying to find out why Candy would not eat.

We tried putting him in his own tank (still no luck), so we tried a new water conditioner (no luck!), we tried Parasite Guard just incase parasites had cropped up (if he had had an attack while getting to me or gotten them from my fish) nothing! Then Cynthia sent me garlic appatite enhancer and a feeding ring like she used with him before I got him. I have not tried the garlic yet but as soon as I popped the feeding ring into the tank and put some food in it he started chowing down! What a picky little fish - he was just yearning for his feeding ring.

This just goes to show that any little change in plans or schedual will make a big difference in your fishes habbits and life.

I thought it would be a funny fish food anicdote to share. :)

Any thoughts, comments or similar stories? ;)

imgp9784_filtered_es_by_elaineselenestoc

They just get used to the routine and can't break from it! :teehee

Candy is amazing.

I think I caught a bad case of lemonhead fever from this thread...So cute!

Might be contagious...

Such a beautiful lemon! The feeding ring almost reminded me of a toddler and its pacifier. :)

How cute!! :wub:

They just get used to the routine and can't break from it! :teehee

Candy is amazing.

Thanks!! :)

Might be contagious...

LOL! I know right? I'm soo seriously infected that I can't leave him alone for a minute! I think I've taken over 200 pictures of him and I've only had him for something like less than a week? <3

Such a beautiful lemon! The feeding ring almost reminded me of a toddler and its pacifier. :)

Thank you :) I can't wait till he gets a bigger wen in. :3 Too true!!! He is just a little baby missing his pacifier. :)

How cute!! :wub:

Thank you! :D

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

DAwwwww!!!! How cute!! :heart Candy is yummy!! :o

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

Thanks soo much! :) I love these exotic colors!

DAwwwww!!!! How cute!! :heart Candy is yummy!! :o

:D Thanks! LOL His full name is LemonDrop but I'm nicknaming him Candy. xD All my fish have "fancy show names like horses" and then short nicknames. LOL. I'm weird that way.

Shes precious! :heart

Very cute! :)

D'aww. What a cute lil yellow chubster. He just needed his security ring. :D

The color is very..... :wub:

How is Lemondrop doing?

How is Lemondrop doing?

he is doing GREAT! :) I love him he is such a silly cutie. <3 He does not eat as much as the others still but he is eating better now. A new Ranchu from ECR is coming to keep him company on Friday!!! :D I did some art for Cynthia and she is sending the fish. :) Candy gets sooo lonley because the other two goldfish ignore him. :( They are snobby I feel like because he does not look like them maybe? So they hang out and ignore his efforts to make friends. lol

I love your story about Lemondrop. That was too much cuteness wanting his feeding ring. He is gorgeous. I love yellow colored Ranchu's.

The story just above this from you made me sad though because your other fish are ignoring him. You need to have a talk with them and let them know that is not nice. :D lol

Congratulations on getting another fish.

Elaine, what is the feeding ring? Is it one of those plastic rings, with a suction cup, that prevents the food from floating around the tank?

I might need one too :ehh

My ECR chus weren't picky at all. They were all "Ooh, food!" and the rest was history. :rofl

Elaine, what is the feeding ring? Is it one of those plastic rings, with a suction cup, that prevents the food from floating around the tank?

I might need one too :ehh

Yup! It is the floating palstic ring with the suction cup. :)

How is Lemondrop doing?

he is doing GREAT! :) I love him he is such a silly cutie. <3 He does not eat as much as the others still but he is eating better now. A new Ranchu from ECR is coming to keep him company on Friday!!! :D I did some art for Cynthia and she is sending the fish. :) Candy gets sooo lonley because the other two goldfish ignore him. :( They are snobby I feel like because he does not look like them maybe? So they hang out and ignore his efforts to make friends. lol

IM glad Lemondrop is doing well. Cynthia is such a wonderful person. ECR has the BEST and healthiest Goldfish.

How is Lemondrop doing?

IM glad Lemondrop is doing well. Cynthia is such a wonderful person. ECR has the BEST and healthiest Goldfish.

Thanks and certainly!!! :D

Cow would never eat unless it spilled out of his filter........ wierd.. I know.. but you plop his pellets in, andd they would wash out, they would flow with the waterfall, idk, thats just how he liked it, I think, its becuase it pushes it down under water so he coul see it :D that lemon head is adorable :D

gosh your fish is so pretty!!!

happy to hear you got him to eat again ;)