Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4prettyfish

Show me your Oranda please

Ohhhhhh! I'm so happy to see more Oranda photo's. Thanks

Yours are gorgeous. I don't think your blue oranda is blue anymore though. ha ha Looks like a huge color change going on. Your fish reminds me of tithra's. (jess's fish) Looks like yours might be looking like Jess's "Hashi" once Cash gets all done.

I just bought my first oranda a couple wks ago. I named her Quinn :) She is still in qt so the tank is not pretty but she is :happydance

7esaqa7u.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

[/quote

Ohhhhh, another post. :) I don't remember seeing a close up of Quinn. She's gorgeous. Thanks for posting on here.

It looks like people are getting Blue Oranda's. I still love them and think they are my favorite at this time.

I'm going to have to post my new one on here soon. :)

Hide and seek I guess. :(

I don't know what happened to my responses. They got jumbled in the posts above. So please see them under the quotes in each member in white. Sorry for the mistake. :(

No worries :hug Easy to see! :D

Here are some new photo's of my new Blue Oranda that I received from Raingarden two weeks ago tomorrow. I named him Dexter and he is 6 inches in total. Raingarden had him at 6.4 but I was measuring him again two days ago and he was just a hair shy of 6 inches. Two days ago he weighed in at 67 grams. When I received him he weighed 66 grams. (gained 1 gram :) ) He's in qt still.

Before I post Dexter's photo's I'd like to say to Jet that Dexter is not replacing you. I will always have a special place in my heart for you, my very first big Blue Oranda that was a hefty size of at least 95 grams and 6 1/2 inches in total when he passed away on September 27th 2013. You are not being replaced I'm just making new memories for my new Blue Oranda. I loved you that much Jet that I wanted another Blue. (Jet in my care from 8-7-13 to 9-27-13)

Here are a few photo's of Dexter.

[/url]">http://11-10-13HSBandandDexter404_zps5a940f09.j

[/url]">http://11-10-13HSBandandDexter415_zpsc4ed3e1d.j

[/url]">http://11-10-13HSBandandDexter405_zpsa75dffdf.j

[/url]">http://10-31-13RaingardennewBlueOranda005_zps50

Thanks for checking out my new Oranda.

No worries :hug Easy to see! :D

I'm glad you saw posts. ha ha They were trying to hide. ha ha

:hug back at you. :)

OMG! Ours are nearly twins! They have similar marking on their backs and everything! :heart Quinn will not let me hold her like that :o She wiggles like a wet fish :rofl

Dexter is a stunner :wub: I understand that he is not replacing Jet :hug Our hearts never get too full of love, it just grows to accommodate more love :)

:Congrats:

OMG! Ours are nearly twins! They have similar marking on their backs and everything! :heart Quinn will not let me hold her like that :o She wiggles like a wet fish :rofl

Dexter is a stunner :wub: I understand that he is not replacing Jet :hug Our hearts never get too full of love, it just grows to accommodate more love :)

They do look very similar huh? We have a couple of cuties. :) I'm picking Dexter up every time I do a wc. So I'm hoping each time he's getting a little bit more used to me. When Dexter see's my fingers in the water just a few inches I think he knows food is about to drop. :) He'll come to them and swim around my fingers. He's like an inch away from grabbing food out of my fingers. But when I'm just watching him in front of the tank he doesn't come say hi to me yet. :( He just swims all over like I'm not even there. So I'm waiting for that to happen now. haha

I'm glad you understood my second paragraph. As silly as it might have been, I wanted to say that to Jet in my typing. It was more for him than anything. :)

Dexter is lovely, Cheryl and it is nice tribute to Jet.

Thank you Susanne.

You said what I couldn't think of, "Tribute". :) thank you.

They do look very similar huh? We have a couple of cuties. :) I'm picking Dexter up every time I do a wc. So I'm hoping each time he's getting a little bit more used to me. When Dexter see's my fingers in the water just a few inches I think he knows food is about to drop. :) He'll come to them and swim around my fingers. He's like an inch away from grabbing food out of my fingers. But when I'm just watching him in front of the tank he doesn't come say hi to me yet. :( He just swims all over like I'm not even there. So I'm waiting for that to happen now. haha

I'm glad you understood my second paragraph. As silly as it might have been, I wanted to say that to Jet in my typing. It was more for him than anything. :)

I too have been picking up Quinn with every wc! She HATES it :( Fights me and wiggles like a maniac :rolleyes: But she does swim up to greet me and will quick fast take blood worms from me but swims away super fast and only takes the FBW no other food :teehee

I hope Dexter takes food from you very soon :D That is such a fun and rewarding thing :happydance

Awww those cheeks! He's like a blue Winslow :rofl

Here's Giniro:

IMG_20131113_223348_781-1.jpg

I've had her for about a year now. When I bought her, she was all blue. Now, she is sort of a Panda / Tri-color. She is 4 inches from head to peduncle and 7 inches with the tail.

Edited by jmetzger72

Giniro is large and gorgeous. :wub: I love the color change.

Giniro is large and gorgeous. :wub: I love the color change.

Haha! I changed her name since that post. It's "Miranda" now. Giniro is Japanese for silver which doesn't really fit anymore.

That's funny.

Miranda is a nice name also. :)

I guess I should have checked this thread a long time ago and then my comment would have been correct by calling her Giniro. heheheh

Miranda is awesome! :wub: her coloring is so intriguing!

Miranda is awesome! :wub: her coloring is so intriguing!

Thanks, I hope she keeps the dark blue on top.

Yeah figured it out ! Bobbie Racer different shots. She's 3 years now !

th_2013-12-27172313.jpgth_794daaa5-9af5-4eee-9c39-1a0ed51f0eb8.th_DSC00079.jpg

Edited by cathys

IMG_145483315134474_zpsf24a0565.jpeg

6beautiful

IMG_145483315134474_zpsf24a0565.jpeg

Another gorgeous fish. :) I love the colors.

Thanks. I was never reeeeeeeally into orandas. I liked them but just weren't my first choice.

Then I saw him.

Its hard to find calico orandas here let alone his size and colouring.

Ive now just introduced him to two new tank mates a beautiful red cap and a nice blue.

They're getting along swimmingly lol

Punch 4 years from Rain Garden Hawaii !

th_20131228_162712_4_bestshot-1-11.jpg?t