Kokos Goldfish Forum
4prettyfish

Show me your Oranda please

Ohhh, Noah is gorgeous. :wub:

Noah is so beautiful!

Here are some pics of my gang. The orange are Theo and Louis (the one missing half his tail due to a bad case of fin tail rot Oct last year. They are 2.5 years old and are very tiny. They are 2 1/2 inches body.

ca68c92c163e63b637c28289de405b7f.jpg

8f6aa70efc11b085ea5f719c60849cb6.jpg

Louis

0c929ec4670d2cac256391e23aec41ad.jpg

Theo

Next is my calico Dottie (thought it was a female, got breeding stars like 2 weeks ago, hence the girly name). He is 3 inches body alone. I've had him for 3 months. He is growing super fast!

0c255f24f9aeedb17868d2dad2848dd0.jpg

52510e83b9c0e66a5d55d17cb6da5791.jpg

And then there's the baby, his name is Blu. He is 2 inches body only. He is supposed to be a blue oranda. He's been with me for 3 months.

d258aed5340c30f5e3c117262ceec72e.jpg

8471402e436d90084c8c12ec4555865b.jpg

They are a pretty trio, Jesilyn

Thanks :) there's actually 4. The orange are 2 different fish. They look like the same fish though! Lol. I think they might be siblings

:rofl I read the first pic as some sort of reflection. Beautiful, all.

:rofl I read the first pic as some sort of reflection. Beautiful, all.

Thank you :) I got my two orange at petsmart the same day. They are the same size and all. I can tell the difference bc they are mine, but most people can't (unless they look at their tails!). Theo has a bigger wen, but Louis has bigger cheeks. A momma can tell her twins apart haha!

Jesilyn: I'm glad you found the thread and posted your photo's of your fish. Your comment above to Susanne (motherredcap) made me laugh. "A momma can tell her twins apart." hahahahaha So true though. :) Yours are a bunch of cuties. I still love your beautiful Blu even if he changes colors. :)

image_zps23de508f.jpg

So gorgeous :wub:

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!

Great finnage, Dawn.

Thank you so much Susanne!!!!!!

Edited by Heidi030

image_zps23de508f.jpg

Hello and Welcome. For a second I thought this was Cloud, Alicia's (Lis) fish. She had posted right below your original photo. Your Oranda is gorgeous as of Alicia's. Have to love that big head and wen. :)

Great finnage, Dawn.

Agreed. Just beautiful.

Dawn, Is the tail longer than the body? You know I've always loved your lemonhead. :wub: G o r g e o u s.

image_zps23de508f.jpg

Hello and Welcome. For a second I thought this was Cloud, Alicia's (Lis) fish. She had posted right below your original photo. Your Oranda is gorgeous as of Alicia's. Have to love that big head and wen. :)

Haha she and I were just saying how they'd make beautiful babies together! If only we were closer ?. Both are wonderful looking fish though. Nothing like big chubby orandas!

hahaha i had to go see where your from. Yes, you two are just a little bit away from each other, huh? hahaha

Great finnage, Dawn.

Agreed. Just beautiful.

Dawn, Is the tail longer than the body? You know I've always loved your lemonhead. :wub: G o r g e o u s.

Hello Cheryl. Yes her tail is longer than her body!!!!!!

image_zps23de508f.jpg

:wub: I hope you don't mind my asking, but where did you get him?

Philly isn't too far from me and Cloud has always been my fav. :heart

Edited by TikiLola

image_zps23de508f.jpg

I got her at MonsterPets on Front Street. It's just a chain and they had her in a tank with a bunch of little ones. I'm pretty sure someone must have sold her to them to get rid of her because none of their other fish look like her. Sorry I know that's not helpful :/ My other goldfish came from Aquarium Center in NJ. They have some nice fish, I just call before I go over there to make sure they have the type I'm interested in before I go.

If you're on Instagram, follow mrbrownsgoldies. He's in Delaware and sells his fish sometimes too :)

image_zps23de508f.jpg

I got her at MonsterPets on Front Street. It's just a chain and they had her in a tank with a bunch of little ones. I'm pretty sure someone must have sold her to them to get rid of her because none of their other fish look like her. Sorry I know that's not helpful :/ My other goldfish came from Aquarium Center in NJ. They have some nice fish, I just call before I go over there to make sure they have the type I'm interested in before I go.

If you're on Instagram, follow mrbrownsgoldies. He's in Delaware and sells his fish sometimes too :)

I guess I'l have to come by one day and steal her then. ;) I don't have Instagram, but I think my daughter does. I'll have to check it out. Thanks! :hi5

Chocolate!

IMG_20140719_183730_zps617cbe08.jpg

image_zps23de508f.jpg

Haha she and I were just saying how they'd make beautiful babies together! If only we were closer . Both are wonderful looking fish though. Nothing like big chubby orandas!

I thought this looked like Mrs. Chubbs! Didn't realise it was you! :D