4prettyfish

Show me your Oranda please

371 posts in this topic

More pics from the past

Matsui-she was a raingarden fish. I had 0 luck with his fish.

100iso1.jpg

Rhett when he arrived

026.jpg

024.jpg

Mae West and Hambone

betterpics009.jpg

Pinto-another RG fish-he was never right

pintofriends6.jpg

Garbo, another lovely I miss. :(

newfishfeb053.jpg

newfishfeb046.jpg

Edited by waterfaller1

Waterfaller: All your Oranda's are gorgeous. My crowned pearlscale had a "heart" on one of her sides and the other side had a "U" like a horseshoe. It has since faded. :( That would be neat if Lovey keeps her heart. Your blue oranda almost looks black but then in one of the photo's you definatley can see that lovely grey cheek. :) I think everyone's bue oranda's are my favorite's now .....now that I have one. :) (I love them all though)

Added: Waterfaller, I just saw all your other fish. Some from past. They were all beautiful. So sorry for your loss on them. I can't imagine losing a fish for I have not experienced this. You picked out beauties.

tithra: Thanks for getting back on with your info. I kind of feel like I know your fish already. ha ha from youtube. But, maybe not. because I didn't know when you got them. They have a birthday coming up. It's hard to believe you've had hashi a year already, almost. Edie two, wow!

Edited by 4prettyfish

So far she has held it, and I have had her quite awhile! Thank you. :)

Koko: Your Oranda's were gorgeous. Am I correct in saying "were"? Their wens are huge in some of them. Is that one a blue oranda also? And a black? I love them. And the red cap has a gigantic wen. Oh my gosh. By the way, Love the photo of you and Justine.

you are correct those fish have passed away :( just a black oranda that in certain lighting looks blue :lol

you mean Mr.T :lol

thank you hun, your the first to mention it :heart

Pharoh alaways reminds me of a song we used to sing at bible camp: pharoh pharoh, uh oh oh baby let my people go ya ya ya, I said pharoh pharoh uh oh oh baby let my people go huu ya ya ya

I really dont know why x) but he was beautiful koko :)

Katie, I think your post is for koko right? If it were for me, I don't understand. :(

So far she has held it, and I have had her quite awhile! Thank you. :)

That is really neat. I've had my pearlscale for a year..........coming up in several more days and she's lost her little cute "marks" awhile ago. I hated to see them go. I have a post on her coming up soon to celebrate having her for a year. :)

Koko: Your Oranda's were gorgeous. Am I correct in saying "were"? Their wens are huge in some of them. Is that one a blue oranda also? And a black? I love them. And the red cap has a gigantic wen. Oh my gosh. By the way, Love the photo of you and Justine.

you are correct those fish have passed away :( just a black oranda that in certain lighting looks blue :lol

I too am sorry for your losses Koko. And all who have lost any. It hurts really bad.

These are my orandas

Stan:

I got her in October 2010 from petsmart. She is a lemonhead oranda and has only really grown in length. She was about four inches long including tail and is about five now.

Posted Image

Ike:

I got her with Stan. She was this adorable little two inch blue oranda and is now a monster red and white seven inch girl. She was one inch body and one inch tail and is now four inches body and three inches tail. I adore this fish so much.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the boy I got to be Ike's mate. I got him in February. It feels like much longer than that. He hasn't grown enough for me to notice a difference. He did have a wen injury that cleared up in qt. I got him because Alex refused to give me his oranda :P

Posted Image

Edited by ashlee18

Pharoh alaways reminds me of a song we used to sing at bible camp: pharoh pharoh, uh oh oh baby let my people go ya ya ya, I said pharoh pharoh uh oh oh baby let my people go huu ya ya ya

Katie, I think your post is for koko right? If it were for me, I don't understand. :(

Idk, its for everyone to enjoy :)

Ashley: Thanks for posting your beautiful Oranda's. I knew you had some also. I believe you had told me that you had a blue that turned red and white. That's just crazy. Especially when people buy them big, pay a lot of money for a specific fish and then it change colors on him/her. All your fish are adorable.

Idk, its for everyone to enjoy :)

:) I still don't understand. :hummm

Blubblublub: Your little Oranda has gotten fat. So cute. You can try frozen bloodworms to get the wen growing. I've been feeding my other Oranda's along with my new one frozen bloodworms every other day along with a recently new pellet, Hikari Lionhead. This pellet is suppose to be great on fish with wens. It most likely needs to be ordered on line. I don't know your wc schedule but I believe doing big 80% weekly or even closer to together is great for growth of a fish. It of course depends on the genes of the fish also.

I have been giving frozen bloodworms minimum once a week, sometimes every other day. Currently feeding New Life as the main food but it seems to give them a yellow tint. Heard of Hikari but don't have it yet.. I hope that will do the trick. As for water changes I do 80-90% at least twice a week, sometimes more. Unfortunately my water has chloramines so I havent been able to figure out if its better to change less water because of that or keep doing what I'm doing. I'm trying to get a canister too but that's another story. I don't care for a HUGE wen but I do want a little "cap" :) WEN WILL THE WEN GROW! :teehee

Aw thank you hes still in my heart... I loved that fish :)

Koko: They were all gorgeous even the black who I thought was blue. I don't see you on much. At least not posting. You must be extremely busy with Justine. The months with her will seem to even go by faster once she starts crawling. You'll be chasing her around to make sure she stays safe. I love seeing all the recent photo's you post of her. You both look great in the photo.

She might have been dont remember much though :lol im here just cant post much as she requires my attention alot :lol

Just pm me or talk to me in a thread Ill talk when I can .. but im always here :)

Miss ya to hun :hug

I too am sorry for your losses Koko. And all who have lost any. It hurts really bad.

Thanks hun

How cute.>>>wen will the wen grow. ha ha It sounds like your doing a great job with your fish. It's all in the genetics of the fish also. Some of my fish don't have big gorgeous wens either. I know I've done a lot to help the growth but I am seeing it ever so slowly. Perhaps we need patience. :) ha ha

Koko: Aww :hug

IMGP6572.jpg

Aveline with her teeny wen and poop in her butt! She's about 6ish months old?

^^ super cute!! Looks like she will grow up to be a gorgeous fish!

ok Digging up some old photos of fish I use to have.

Star She passed from getting egg bound.

POTW-1.jpg

Charm she also got egg bound.

charm2.jpg

Mongo Not sure what he died from.

gf311037.jpg

Now I have Luna but not much of a wen yet.

BrightlightGF009_zps56d9a4b6.jpg

Edited by Hidr

Tankxie: Welcome to the forum. I don't think I've seen you on here. Your little fish is very adorable. I love her color. Very bright.

Hidr: I didn't know you had a bunch of Oranda's in the past. They were all beautiful. It looked like you had a Blue Oranda also. So sorry for the loss of them all.

Luna is a little cutie also.

Ivoryval: Are those all Oranda's? All fish beautiful. But I have to say that your red cap is gorgeous and I don't see a lot of White Oranda's. Very beautiful.

Ivoryval: Are those all Oranda's? All fish beautiful. But I have to say that your red cap is gorgeous and I don't see a lot of White Oranda's. Very beautiful.

Yep...Captain Finsworth (red cap), Cuckoo Puff (going thru her color change), Lemon Drop (lemon oranda), Marvin (baby of Lemon Drop & a Ryukin) & Ghostface (who's wen is growing very, very slowly despite my efforts).

Yep...Captain Finsworth (red cap), Cuckoo Puff (going thru her color change), Lemon Drop (lemon oranda), Marvin (baby of Lemon Drop & a Ryukin) & Ghostface (who's wen is growing very, very slowly despite my efforts).

Aww :)

OMG Im loving this thread these orandas are ALL GORGEOUS. I cant wait til mine get bigger.

Tankxie: Welcome to the forum. I don't think I've seen you on here. Your little fish is very adorable. I love her color. Very bright.

Hidr: I didn't know you had a bunch of Oranda's in the past. They were all beautiful. It looked like you had a Blue Oranda also. So sorry for the loss of them all.

Luna is a little cutie also.

:hi Hello! Yup I'm new! Thanks so much, I can't wait till she gets all big! :)

Here is a short video with close up pics of my oranda's. I have two orange, a blue, a red cap, and a white with orange on it. Among other goldies.