4prettyfish

Show me your Oranda please

383 posts in this topic

Hello all you Oranda owners,

I am loving my newest Blue Oranda more and more each day since I've purchased her/him several days ago. A lot of you know that some of my favorites are Chocolate, Black, Blue, and White Oranda's. I can't see enough of these fish. :) If you have any of these kind of Oranda's or any other kind for that matter I would love to see a photo or photo's of your Oranda. Feel free to post a short video even if you want.

Please tell me the approximate age of your Oranda, how long have you had the fish, and how big is he/she.

I most likely won't be back on the internet until Sunday evening. I hope I have a lot of photo's to look at by then. :)

Thank you so much for sharing them with me.

Here is my newest beauty....Big Blue (temporary name) A Blue Oranda that is 6 1/2 inches in total length, 4 inches in body alone. I've had the fish since the 7th of Aug. and if I had to guess the age it would be about 2 years old. (I would really like to say 18 months to 24 months. ha ha ha)

[/url]">http://DSC02184_zpsa991a686.jpg

[/url]">http://DSC02176_zpse8054105.jpg

[/url]">http://DSC02166_zps0c9c65d9.jpg

Posted Image

This is my calico, LP. S/he is 2-3 inches but you're asking the worst judge in the world. I've had him for less than a year and got him from RG so I'm not quite sure of the actual age.

Posted Image

This is my red cap, Cilantro. I got her/him from my LPS. I've had him for almost a year I think. Can't really remember. He's only about an inch and a half now maybe but I got him really, really small. Like maybe an inch? I have yet to see his wen develop so he's pretty darn young. :)

Your Big Blue is quite stunning! Very cool colors in that last pic too!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bub bub was one of my very first orandas! He was purchased at the same time as Naruto. There's not a day that goes by that I don't regret the mistakes I made. Poor baby :( I would have hoped he'd grow up to look like your blue oranda. I can't stop ogling his cheeky-faced cuteness :wub: His blue color is brilliant as well. He's going to look amazing with your TLC ;)

RvPvcaO.jpg

Edited by bubbles22

null_zps4d019977.pngnull_zps4b168fed.pngnull_zps71e4db7a.pngnull_zps38c30e78.png

Puff and Koko :)

Thanks for posting photo's of your babies Mernany and Bubbles. I need to get to sleep but I saw I had some posts here. I just had to take a peep. :) :)

Mernany: You bought your little calico really small from RG. I didn't know they sold fish that small. I don't think I've ever seen a Calico Oranda at any of my lfs. If I did I'd probably want that also. :) I also have a Red Cap. :) Your fish are two little cuties.

Bubbles: I love your Blue Oranda. He is so cute. It's like I can't get enough of these in particular because I now have one. Yours is a beautiful color. I have a little black moor that is not growing all that much. Ugh! If your not already feeding your fish frozen bloodworms you should try that and see if it helps with his growth. (maybe try feeding them every other day)

Mikey: Another Calico Oranda here on koko's site. :) I'm loving it! Look at that long beautiful tail. And, Puff's wen is getting big. You didn't post the information on your fish. :madrant:D You need to do so. Very adorable fish also.

Lovely fish already posted :)

I've got my two redcaps, and one day will hope to get another oranda!

Here's, Bubbles and Momo

IMG_1380_zpsa6a5d76a.jpg

IMG_1421_zps1707d354.jpg

Edited by Narny105

Growth isn't always an indicator of age...

CAM00359_zpsdcffe661.jpg

Miss Clementine the Swimming Orange (aka just Clementine)

Clem came from a local chain called VI Pets. She is just over one year old and 5"-5.5" bodylength or so. I got her when she was only 1-1.5" long last July. And she's still growing every day, both body-wise and wen-wise. :teehee

She isn't one of those fun colors, but I thought I'd post her. :)

And the little one...

CAM00351_zps411a15c5.jpg

Ben was purchased a few weeks ago from a local place, a different store in the same small chain as Clementine. He was about the same size or maybe even smaller than she was when I got her, but has grown at least another half inch since I got him. He's still very small in comparison to his tankmate, though! I'd estimate him to be between 4-5 months old based on how young the store says they are when they receive them from the breeder.

Those are my current two Orandas!

Edited by ChelseaM

kk1.jpg

Tankofthemonth1_zps624fd0e0.jpg

This is Dottie my redcap. She is about a year old and I had her for a year.

The pics go from the day I first got her to the current pic I have of her.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[ IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/11/buju5u5y.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

post-21223-13762349112753_thumb.jpg

I really need to take some more pics of mine. These are the most recent from May. Hashi is currently 103 grams and about 4.5 inches long (not including tail). Edie is 150 grams and about 5 inches long (not including her 3 inches of tail :rofl)

Hashi4_zps10acc452.jpg

Edie1_zps0e81150f.jpg

Mikey: Another Calico Oranda here on koko's site. :) I'm loving it! Look at that long beautiful tail. And, Puff's wen is getting big. You didn't post the information on your fish. :madrant:D You need to do so. Very adorable fish also.

oops :teehee

I dont rely l ow how old they are. Sorry. They are about 2.5-3" and and I have had puff for 5 months or so. And Koko a little more then 8 months :)

These are my two at the minute, Edie (red and white) and Georgie (orange)

HNI_0012_zps960eda64.jpg

And I did have a blue called Geisha, but she unfortunately died, I loved this fish, beautiful colour and wen, was a shame to lose her

Photo0337_zpsb686a9f0.jpg

8.jpg16.jpg24.jpgphfi2.jpgwen.jpgxma.jpgredcaporanda1.jpgphh.jpgphp.jpgMadSam.jpgfiona1.jpgdomino2.jpgdom.jpg

Splendid oranda that. Yours might not even be a year old.

My oranda in this vid I had for 9 months when this was taken. He was a 2-3 inches total when i got him, he is now over 7 inches.

Thanks for posting photo's of your babies Mernany and Bubbles. I need to get to sleep but I saw I had some posts here. I just had to take a peep. :) :)

Mernany: You bought your little calico really small from RG. I didn't know they sold fish that small. I don't think I've ever seen a Calico Oranda at any of my lfs. If I did I'd probably want that also. :) I also have a Red Cap. :) Your fish are two little cuties.

Bubbles: I love your Blue Oranda. He is so cute. It's like I can't get enough of these in particular because I now have one. Yours is a beautiful color. I have a little black moor that is not growing all that much. Ugh! If your not already feeding your fish frozen bloodworms you should try that and see if it helps with his growth. (maybe try feeding them every other day)

Like I said I'm a terrible judge. It's closer to 3 probably. Haha but yes he was small I had ordered another that didn't make it and he was much bigger so I was surprised when LP came :P

I have one of Moucho. He is not a cool color and doesn't have a big wen yet, but I love him anyway.

2sacl94.jpg

I tried to like everything and my computer didn't agree with that.
Either way, pretend I liked every single post so far. :rofl2

Oops, perhaps I was too vague, bub bub died :o

P1013736.jpg

Newton!

He's so adorable. It's funny because today I was out with my daughter and we were thinking of names for our new fish and one of the names was Newton that came up. I told her that I already know a Newton. YOUR'S :wub: We have a couple of other names still. I have a Red Cap and hope he get's large like yours.

Lovely fish already posted :)

I've got my two redcaps, and one day will hope to get another oranda!

Here's, Bubbles and Momo

IMG_1380_zpsa6a5d76a.jpg

IMG_1421_zps1707d354.jpg

Oh my gosh more gorgeous red caps with large wens. They are beautiful.

Jyushiro4.jpg

SAM_1402_Edited.jpg

SAM_1375_Edited.jpg

SAM_1295_Edited.jpg

SAM_1281_Edited.jpg

Gin02.jpg

Yamajii04.jpg

Renji02.jpg

Shinji04.jpg

Chelsea: I know of your Clementine and your new little Ben. Clementine looks so much bigger in your video's. I too have two Orange Oranda's. I think they are beautiful also. Clementine's wen is looking real good also.

Yafashelli: Love your tank and red cap. I didn't know so many of us had red caps.

Dakotah: Oh how cute. More red caps. She looks so little.

Tithra: I know of your two fish also. I had no idea that they were that big. Edie is so long. Love the color change in Hashi also.

Phoebie: You have a couple of cuties also. Edie sounds like a popular name on here for fish. I remember Geisha's passing. :( He was beautiful also.

Koko: Your Oranda's were gorgeous. Am I correct in saying "were"? Their wens are huge in some of them. Is that one a blue oranda also? And a black? I love them. And the red cap has a gigantic wen. Oh my gosh. By the way, Love the photo of you and Justine.

Streading: Is that what you call a Yellow Head Oranda? I'm seeing more of these fish. They are beautiful as is yours.

Great Kahn: Your fish grew a lot in a year. Does your inches include the tail or not? Lovely fish and so cute.