Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ElaineSelene

Cloud 9 - what breed is it? Changes? - PIC HEAVY

This is my second goldfish Cloud 9... I was wondering what breed "it" is and I also wondered if goldfish's fins continued to grow as they grew up? I really hope so because I see these beautiful long finned fish and I can't find them anywhere...

Thanks!

P.S. There is actually NO yellow on him. It is just the glare from the lamp next to their tank. :) He is all pinkish white.

P.S.S. He has a tiny tiny wen.

P.S.S.S. Lets just pretend for a moment I'm NOT a photography student or that these aren't my pictures. LOL

imgp9060_filtered_es_by_elaineselenestoc

imgp9068_1_by_elaineselenestock-d6g95l7.

imgp9064_es_by_elaineselenestock-d6g95gy

imgp9052_es_by_elaineselenestock-d6g94ut

imgp9027_1_es_by_elaineselenestock-d6g91

Looks like a young Oranda to me :) Whatever s/he turns out to be that is one gorgeous fish (that is since you say it has a small wen, if not I'd say fantail)

Edited by phoebie

I want to say young oranda but wait for the experts

Hmm she looks like an oranda... I dont really know I am definitely not a ID expert... but do I spy nasal boquets?? ⊙~⊙

I would say a white oranda. With the right foods, he can grow a good wen. :thumb:

Beautiful fish BTW. :)

Edited by mikey

Looks like an oranda to me! I love those little nasal bouquets too :)

And I believe goldfish fins and tails grow longer with age. He's gonna be a sure stunner in a year or so ;)

Cloud 9 sure has the wide forehead of an oranda, but s/he does not look quite fully like an oranda to me. Of course this fish is still young, but I'm leaning more towards an oranda/fantail mix. Indirectly, as in "oranda with more of his fantail roots showing".

Gorgeous little guy either way, I love white goldfish :)

Cloud 9 sure has the wide forehead of an oranda, but s/he does not look quite fully like an oranda to me. Of course this fish is still young, but I'm leaning more towards an oranda/fantail mix. Indirectly, as in "oranda with more of his fantail roots showing".

Gorgeous little guy either way, I love white goldfish :)

I definitely agree with fang here.

Beautiful fish, whatever he is. :)

my first guess would be fantail but time will tell if a wen develops ;)

Very pretty regardless ;)

I'd say it looks like a fantail, but because it's white. There is a chance it's an oranda. If it was orange I'd say 99% fantail haha. See if he grows a wen and you'll know :D

Cloud 9 is a baby Oranda. You can see a bit of wen starting on his/her forehead and make out the round shape of the forehead beneath it. :)

Oranda ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely an oranda! My lemonhead started off looking similar wen wise and now he's growing a ridiculous amount! This picture was taken a few months back so it's not as large as it is now, but he started off with relatively no wen like Cloud 9!

jf0w.jpg

What a cutie you have and so little. I don't see a wen developing but he does have the head shape. Who knows, time will tell.

It will be fun to see in a few months how he's changing and growing.