Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ElaineSelene

Really Metalic Metal Looking GOLD Goldfish?

Hi there,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place...

Here is a picture of my favorate goldfish...

(Sorry the picture is soo large!)

Random questions that arn't soo important about him...

I know he is a fancy goldfish but what do you think in his genetics caused this color? Where does the color come from? What kind of goldfish (besides comets!) have it often? I'd love to get more like it! Could I breed more like it ever? I LOVE this gold color!!!

stay_gold___the_gold_goldfish___20_by_el

stay_gold___the_gold_goldfish___11_by_el

Your fish is beautiful. :)

Personally, this looks like the wild type fry coloring when it starts to transition to orange. I bet he will be a gold/orange goldish eventually :) have fun watching the change.

Personally, this looks like the wild type fry coloring when it starts to transition to orange. I bet he will be a gold/orange goldish eventually :) have fun watching the change.

Aww darn! Really? I better get good photographs of him while I can. I LOVE the color.

Thanks everyone! I love him to pieces. I've been calling him "Stay Gold" and his little gold comet buddy "True Gold" and his half gold black moor goldfish friend "Black Gold". :lol:

May not be a color chage only time will tell. I know some fantails have a rare yellow color morph. He may be a derivative of those genetics. But I don't know for sure. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

He is sooooo pretty.

That is very cool and I agree it probably wont last. If it does I will be very jealous and tell you that the fish looks sick and I should take it for you.

Yes he will not stay that color his whole life. In the 2nd photo you can see some orange around his fins.

Awww it makes me sad he wont keep his gold color! Thanks though! I dolike him. He has swim bladder. Hoping he gets well soon.

nice fish :)

try regulating the meals more. ie, smaller portions several times a day. fast once per week. twice if needed. they can go without food for long periods of time. try to feed natural foods, experiment to see what suits this individual fish.

It is most likely a homozygous wildtype out of a calico fantail line. If this is the case it will keep the color.

very pretty fish!

Very pretty :).

My eyes are shining :wub:

Edited by Jeff99

oh wow he is cool looking :) yes take lots of pics in case he is changing ;)

This looks quite a bit like "baby" coloring. Young goldfish start out "green"-ish like this. Very metallic looking. How old is your fish?

When you look at the coloring of the individual scales, you see that they are darker in the middle, which is a typical thing for goldfish that are still going through their "baby color" stage. Some goldfish will keep this coloring for an unusually long time, but normally within half a year they will turn into orange or red/white etc fish.

When you go to your LFS and look at their black moors for example, you can see that a lot of them have this exact coloration in their abdominal area. This is because they are beginning to go through a color change, loosing their dark baby colors and turn into their adult color.

Either way, your little guy is gorgeous :)

This looks quite a bit like "baby" coloring. Young goldfish start out "green"-ish like this. Very metallic looking. How old is your fish?

When you look at the coloring of the individual scales, you see that they are darker in the middle, which is a typical thing for goldfish that are still going through their "baby color" stage. Some goldfish will keep this coloring for an unusually long time, but normally within half a year they will turn into orange or red/white etc fish.

When you go to your LFS and look at their black moors for example, you can see that a lot of them have this exact coloration in their abdominal area. This is because they are beginning to go through a color change, loosing their dark baby colors and turn into their adult color.

Either way, your little guy is gorgeous :)

Darn! :) I was hoping to fill out my tank with NON-orange goldfish. :P Oh well, love him anyway! :)

Thanks!

Very beautiful! The color is amazing

I see colour change as an adventure, but don't give up hope on him keeping his colour!

I have an uncoloured / bronze / wild type "feeder" comet called Gumshoe. Since I found Koko's, I have slowly been learning more and improving the care of my fish, and Gummy has become more and more metallic gold like your fish. So maybe care and feeding play a role?

I mean if Repashi can give white fish a yellow tinge, it's not a big stretch that it can make bronze fish more golden!

Elaine, how long have you had this fish and has it been this color all of that time?