Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KingKong

I'M BACK! - in Black.

HAPPY LATE NIGHT GUYS?

Just to give you a short story of what happened:

A few months ago I had some sort of disease in my tank which started to effect all of my GF in which made them lean sideways on the bottom of the tank and turned their belly's blood red. Did my best to keep them alive (didn't touch meds since I couldn't find what disease/problem it was) and did daily water changes - all were wiped out within two days. :ill

Lesson Learned:

Always be prepared for whats coming and have a water test kit ( :stop which I will promise to get tomorrow >.>) beside your tank 24/7.... :madrant

After that - I gave up completly on goldfish - cleaned up all the water - stuck on a heater - and bought 7 hardy tetras (glowlight).

Visitng San Francisco yesterday I went back to check out a goldfish shop that I use to always see sell exotic GF from. And guess what I've found.

Black Jap. Ranchus!

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4329.jpgIMG_4326.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

Couldn't get my manliness up to not get them. Ever since my goldfish reign I always wanted buffalo-cheeck ranchus, and finnaly I found some - but at a steep price..

Right after going home I settled them into a bucket with an airstone and modded my 55 gallon back into its original state in just a few hours.
Now, where did my tetras go? I had a 10 gallon and AC 30 left over from my previous tanks/ideas and filled it up with all the old tank water and some media. 7 tetras in a 55 gallon with an AC 70, Penguin 350, and heater is too cost effective anyways.

Did a 15% water change with Prime today and will be getting that test kit pretty soon. They're only an inch long and already showing some fine wen growth.

-KK

Need to add. My tank didn't realy change much huh?

Old:

IMG_4004.jpg

New:

IMG_4302-1.jpg

Welcome back KingKong. I'm sorry for the loss of all your previous fish. :( Your new ones are gorgeous. You really need to get that API test kit so you can keep up on your param.

Well, :Congrats:

I'm glad you came back to the hobby, and I am sure you will have much better luck this time. Let us be of help when we can, OK? :)

Congrats and welcome back! Beautiful ranchus! :wub:

Wow those ranchus are stunning little guys ×_× welcome back to kokos! :)

aaww, i can't see them in the 'new' photo.. lololol.. UFO's? undetectable flying objects :rofl (unless that's them down in the bottom left hand corner?)

they're so cute, congratulations & welcome back :)

Your tank looks great! Might want to find a new background color, now that you have two black fish!

They're soooo cute--I'm jealous.

Beautiful new Goldfish :) congrats!!!and welcome back :)

I'm also wondering (though I love the look of your tank) how your going to see your new fish ;)

Well, :Congrats:

I'm glad you came back to the hobby, and I am sure you will have much better luck this time. Let us be of help when we can, OK? :)

:stupid:

aaww, i can't see them in the 'new' photo.. lololol.. UFO's? undetectable flying objects :rofl (unless that's them down in the bottom left hand corner?)

they're so cute, congratulations & welcome back :)

(unless that's them down in the bottom left hand corner?) :thumbs: Small aren't they? I've decided to name them Dassu and Kaii. :)

Your tank looks great! Might want to find a new background color, now that you have two black fish!

They're soooo cute--I'm jealous.

Thanks!

And that isn't a background....there are really 2 windows. :whistle

Sunlight never shines into the tank though, as a patio hangs right outside of it. During the day, the light naturally illuminates the foreground - thus the black "UFO's" can be seen.

-KK