Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fantailfan1

Waddles, Cuz He Waddles (pic heavy)

Where do I begin? :rofl

I really wanted a ranchu and had asked jmetzger (Jared) at one point where he got his gorgeous fish in his signature and avatar. He said he has a couple of fantastic local fish stores near him and said he'd keep his eye out for a nice ranchu for me. A month or two went by and I kinda forgot about it, thinking I'd have an all ryukin and fantail tank . . . as usual.

Then about 3 weeks ago, I came home to a thread in the subbies section "Oh Lisa . . . Look What I Found For You". :teehee He had found an adorable ranchu and brought it home. :nana and :yikes I was fully stocked AND we were heading on vacation for about 10 days about 5 days from when he picked up the fish.

:hmm I saw the pics and of course I wanted him, despite the fact I'd either need to upgrade or set up a tank of his own for the new fish. Not to mention I wouldn't be home for a while to care for a new fish. Jared graciously offered to keep him until I could go get the fish from him. He even QTed him for me! :heart

I was really hoping to drive to Chicago and pick up the fish but, unfortunately, it didn't work out. (I'm very disappointed and have warned Jared I'm hunting him down next time we are in Chicago!! :teehee ) Soooooooooooooo, Jared shipped the fish to me yesterday and he arrived this morning! :nana

He is even cuter in person! We named him Waddles, as the title says, cuz he waddles through the water. I've had him about 3 hours and he has already perked up and is swimming waddling around the tank like he's been here for weeks. :heart

So now the pics!!

I was literally shaking when I saw the UPS truck. This was the first time I have gotten a fish through the mail. :scared

photo1-001_zps72b2afdc.jpg

Riley had to check out her new competition. She approves. :rofl

photo1_zpsf59e2784.jpg

Floating in the bag while I confirmed what my next move should be (thanks Alex and Jared).

photo3_zpsac8e91da.jpg

Hi! I'm Waddles. :D

photo5_zps5dabd649.jpg

photo1-002_zpsf353cf0e.jpg

I love his tail!

photo5-001_zps82266793.jpg

Sorry. Not the best pics but I don't know how to upload pics using the "good" camera and my husband is out of town again. I wanted to share Waddles with you!!

A HUGE thank you to Jared, not only for picking out the most fabulous fish I've ever had (Shhh, don't tell the others) but also for taking such excellent, excellent care of him until I was home. And for all the pics and videos along the way. :heart Thank you. :D

OMG! He is S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G

Wow that is a nice one. They did a great job picking one out for you.

Whew! I am just glad he got there safely. This was my first time shipping fish. I can't wait to see how he develops. I'm sure he will flourish with you, Lisa :rolleyes:

AWESOME! congrats on the new addition! & good work, jmetzger72!

Awwww...this has been so exciting. I'm so glad Waddles made it to his forever home safely. He is gorgeous. :Congrats:

And now Jared, you're going to become everyone's new best friend! :rofl

Thanks everyone! I couldn't be happier with him. Jared did a great job picking out just what I was looking for!

I can't wait to move him in with my other fish. He isn't as big as Bob but is bigger than my other 2 fish. I've got my fave color combinations again--1 calico, 1 R&W (who ATM is more bronze and white but is changing back to R&W :idont), and 2 all orange. :nana

And now Jared, you're going to become everyone's new best friend! :rofl

I think if we ever have a Koko's reunion it should be in Chicago and Jared can take us to his 2 fave fish stores!! :teehee

I still pinch myself that he did this for me. I feel very lucky. :D

:nana Finally! He is such stunner and so cute! :D Congrats, Lisa! :nana

-And good job Jared... making my MIL happy :rofl

Edited by teleSC

I squealed. I really just squealed.

He is absolutely adorable. Congratulations to all involved!

... don't blame me when he goes missing. :rofl

Edited by ChelseaM

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! WAY too cute oh my goddd! :wub:

Ahh, too cute! He is really beautiful. Wait, did I count four fish, does that mean you are upgrading your aquarium in the near future? :teehee

:wub: I am so, so happy this happened!

Jared you are an amazing Kokonut for doing this! Lisa.... squeee!! :D

:rofl I would think this was much cuter if Riley didn't eat salmon as her main diet. :rofl

photo_zps91f875dd.jpg

CindiL, I *might* have a new 75 gallon tank and stand on order. :peeka

He's adorable!!! ;) I am in love with his coloring.

Oh Lisa Waddles is adorable :heart that's so awesome you and Jared were able to work this out! Can we have a video?!

Wow, super cute fish!! Congrats, Lisa, and way to go, Jared! What an excellent Kokonut!!

Shawn, I found a way to get a ranchu! :nana:teehee Yep, Jared is great! :D

I will see if I can get a video of Waddles waddling.. :D

We need a Waddling Waddles video!

It's uploading. I also added some music cuz the kids were really loud when I took it and Riley was barking at them. :rofl

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I've reached my daily quota of likes that I'm allowed to post or I would like all of your comments :rofl

Edited by jmetzger72

OMG so cute Lisa!!!!! Can't wait until he is in with the other fish! :wub:

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I've reached my daily quota of likes that I'm allowed to post or I would like all of your comments :rofl

:tomuch: And I should be there any minute! :rofl