Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
abcdomo

Fry feeding time question

How do I know if my fry are eating? I'm trying mixing flakes with tank water to make food but I'm not sure if it's working..I was going to try egg yolk..But I wanted to know like will I know if they are eating? and what is some other foods I can make for them but at home.

I use first bites for food. You'll see them picking at it and you'll see little poops too. I don't know anything about home made foods or anything. I'd give them hard boiled egg yolks before I'd try to give them flake food though

I second the motion to use Hikari First Bites. Baby Brine Shrimp are also a good food for fry. Flakes, just like for larger fish, are not a very good staple food.

I use first bites for food. You'll see them picking at it and you'll see little poops too. I don't know anything about home made foods or anything. I'd give them hard boiled egg yolks before I'd try to give them flake food though

I second the motion to use Hikari First Bites. Baby Brine Shrimp are also a good food for fry. Flakes, just like for larger fish, are not a very good staple food.

I won't be able to get them store food till the weekend though

Are your fry at the free-swimming stage yet? Also, do you have a thread for tracking their progress so that more experienced breeding members can assist?

Her fry should be swimming by now they hatched maybe three or four days ago

Are your fry at the free-swimming stage yet? Also, do you have a thread for tracking their progress so that more experienced breeding members can assist?

Yea they are free swimming and I did start one saying that I had fry again but I don't have any pictures on there.

How big are these fry?

They are about 6mm

Baby brine shrimp

Hikari first bites

spirulina

spirulina?Please explain haha

Spirulina is a type of algae. If you look in the frozen fish food section at your local pet store hikari has brine shrimp that are packed with it making them green. I'm not sure if there are other forms of it. I think some of my bottom feeder sinking tabs have it in them

I bought these tank nibbler things awhile back for my fish but they never caught on so I rarely feed it to them but they are tabs..They have that kind of algae in it and veggies..Could I soak a tab in water till it dissolves and feed them that?

It's in the freezer in petsmart.

Oh yeah and daphnia is perfect

I thought of the wrong food lol

I meant daphnia not spirulina

It's in the freezer in petsmart.

Oh yeah and daphnia is perfect

I thought of the wrong food lol

I meant daphnia not spirulina

so I shouldn't try feeding them the tab then since it has that in it?

Nah stick to:

Daphnia (frozen)

Baby brine shrimp

Hikari first bites

awww today I can see their little front fins move when they swim:)

Do they have tail fins yet? Those are the cutest

Do they have tail fins yet? Those are the cutest

not yet I can't wait:)

What kind of fish are they? or what kind of goldfish ;)

What kind of fish are they? or what kind of goldfish ;)

Well their mom and dad are both fantails one is a common and the other is a calico.

That's what my babies were too. Seeing their little tails was amazing. But like a quarter of them had single tails not double

That's what my babies were too. Seeing their little tails was amazing. But like a quarter of them had single tails not double

was it a deformity or just genetics?

It's just genetics I'm sure some of yours will also