Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cmclien

Extending aqueon quiet flow intake tube

I need help on how to do this. I want to extend my aqueon quiet flow intake tubes to see if they will suck up more debris off the bottom of the tank if I can get them closer. I'm unsure how to do this because they are two nested pieces and if I find tubing to fit one piece it doesn't fit the other. Has anyone found a clever way to attach tubing to two nesting pieces of intake tube. This may only make sense if you have a quiet flow hob filter. :wacko:

I have an aqueon QF 55/75 but sorry I don't know what you mean.

LOL!

I mean I want the entire intake tube to be longer and I'm wondering what kind of tubing I could put between the part that hooks onto the power pack/impeller and the adjustable tube where the water is actually sucked into. I want to put a piece of tubing between those two pieces to extend it. It would be nice if there was a longer lower piece I could just buy but I haven't seen one on line. Hope that helps.

Edited by CindiL

We sell extension tubes for AquaClear filters, if someone has both, maybe they can see if they might be compatible with the Aqueon?

http://tastyworms.com/aquaclear-20-30-50-extension-tube-a625.html

http://tastyworms.com/aquaclear-70-110-extension-tube-a627.html

Aqueon doesn't sell an extension tube per say, but they do sell replacement parts. You can contact them directly to find out where to order. It doesn't look like they nest like Aquaclear intakes, so I'm not sure you could buy an extra part and just plug them together. But I'm sure you could hacksaw a piece off and join them somehow, maybe epoxy or epoxy putty.

But I'm sure you could hacksaw a piece off and join them somehow, maybe epoxy or epoxy putty.

Maybe use a piece of hose to join the tubes. Thats how eheim join their intakes etc on the canisters it works and isnt as messy or smelly as glues etc

Thanks for the ideas. I will see what I can figure out.

We sell extension tubes for AquaClear filters, if someone has both, maybe they can see if they might be compatible with the Aqueon?

Aqueon doesn't sell an extension tube per say, but they do sell replacement parts. You can contact them directly to find out where to order. It doesn't look like they nest like Aquaclear intakes, so I'm not sure you could buy an extra part and just plug them together. But I'm sure you could hacksaw a piece off and join them somehow, maybe epoxy or epoxy putty.

Thanks for the suggestions. I emailed aqueon and they don't make any type of extender. Darn. I think I will take in the pieces (and they do nest together) and see if someone can help me at the hardware store. Make there is a diameter of tube that will fit into one and over the other end. I am curious about the aquaclear extender, if it will fit but I almost need to see it first.