• Ph Level, Tank- 7.6
  • KH, Tank- 89.5ppm-107.4ppm
  • GH, Tank- 179ppm
  • Ammonia Level(Tap)- .25ppm
  • Nitrite Level(Tap)- 1.0ppm
  • Nitrate level(Tap)- 10ppm-20ppm
  • Ph Level, Tap- 6.0

Other Required Info:

• Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Master Freshwater test kit and API KH/GH test kit- both drops
  • Water temperature?- 78F
  • Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 75 gallons, 3 years
  • What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2x Emperor 400 filters with one Diamond activated carbon media filter and one crushed coral in each
  • How often do you change the water and how much? 30% once a week
  • How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 24hrs, 30%
  • How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 large Oranda, 2 small Oranda, 2 small Black Moors
  • What kind of water additives or conditioners? Seachem Prime and API Stress Coat Plus
  • What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari Lionhead pellets or Tubifex worms, or Spirulina Brine Shrimp, or Blood Worms, or Algae pellets once a day.
  • Any new fish added to the tank? One black moor after 3 weeks QT and treatment with Kordon's Ick Attack
  • Any medications added to the tank? Kordon's Ick Attack
  • List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment- Kordon's Ich Attack for ~1 month when I tohught another fish in the tank came down with it.
  • Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? None
  • Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Biggest Oranda stays at bottom of tank recently, but has no visual signs of issues, and has a good appetite and very active around feeding time.

Hi All,

I think my biggest Oranda is acting a bit off for the past 3 days. He hasn't been as active as he usually is, and is just sitting at the bottom of the tank in the corner he usually sleeps in or at the back of the tank. He has a very good appetite and is interested in food as normal, and is active during feeding time. If I come over to the tank to check my fish out, he will usually perk up and swim to me and become more active.

All the other fish in the tank are active,and no fish has any visual signs of issues- no spots, redness, streaking, pine coning that I can see, floating issues, etc.

Am I just paranoid? Does he maybe want a more lush tank to swim through and explore? Some pics from today, and will post video as well:

20130715_133521_885-vi.jpg

20130715_133536_516-vi.jpg

He's beautiful!!!! Hope he feels better.

Have you ever treated the tank for flukes? Do you see a lot of surface gulping, flashing, or darting?

Will you feel his belly and then describe? Thanks

Beautiful wen! I hope he feels better

BTW I tried to use the search function, and it came up with no hits for similar threads. . . it wasn't until I posted mine that several with similar titles and tags showed up for me ><

Normal activity from a few days ago: http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Kiera_WoW/media/Goldfish/2013-07-09_18-30-41_818-1.mp4.html

Today's activity: http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Kiera_WoW/media/Goldfish/2013-07-15_14-17-00_923-1.mp4.html

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Kiera_WoW/media/Goldfish/2013-07-15_14-17-36_277-2.mp4.html

Have you ever treated the tank for flukes? Do you see a lot of surface gulping, flashing, or darting?

Will you feel his belly and then describe? Thanks

No, never for flukes.

No gulping at surface, no flashing, no darting unless I startle him.

Belly feels firm. . . he did not like me trying to touch him, lol!

Edited by cmsciulli

Thank you. There are two things that I think we'll need, and unfortunately both needs to be ordered. The first is Metro-Meds, which is a special medicated food that can be ordered from goldfishconnection.com. The second is Prazipro, which can be ordered from our forum sponsor tastyworms.com.

I think we need to do a parasite treatment both internally and externally.

Good news is that I have Metro-Meds on hand already.

Begin feeding now?

Sure. We need to follow this up with prazi in the next few days, if we can.

Do you know how much your fish weighs? We need give him 1% of his weight daily in Metro-Meds.

Prazi ordered and should take 3-5 days to arrive.

Not sure on his weight. . . please tell me there is an easy way to weigh a goldie!

No but I could get one. Before watching the video let me guess. . . get a vessel of water, weigh it on scale, then zero the scale and add goldie?

ETA: Called my Mum, she of course has one :-) So we should be good to go. I fed the fish some MetroMeds already, and will feed the big guy more as needed once I get his weight. I also have the pro-biotic food- Jump start is it- to feed after treatment.

Edited by cmsciulli

Exactamente!

Exactamente!

Many, many thanks.

You should have heard Mum when I told her what I needed the scale for- "Huh? How in the heck do you weigh a live goldfish?!"

Once the Prazi is in, do I need to remove carbon or fiber filter, or remove plants?

Carbon does need to be removed. Plants do not. :)

Carbon does need to be removed. Plants do not. :)

Roger that.

A couple of the smaller fish have some white spots present on their bodies/tail: http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Kiera_WoW/media/Goldfish/2013-07-16_10-04-06_889.mp4.html

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Kiera_WoW/media/Goldfish/2013-07-16_10-05-31_32.mp4.html

This just something with their slime coat or another issue you think?

Are these fish new? It appears to be ich! :o

Are these fish new? It appears to be ich! :o

Nope, I have had them for a while and had already treated them for Ich. I can begin treatment again with Kordon's Ich attack until the Prazi arrives. I assume the Prazi treats Ich.

Did you not treat with salt previously?

Prazi will not treat ich, but good old salt will. :)

Instead of getting aquarium salt, you could get Morton's Canning and Pickling salt at any grocery store, and start dosing the tank to 0.3% (3 teaspoons per gallon). When you do water changes, add back the salt that you take out. We will need to salt for about 3 weeks total.

Did you not treat with salt previously?

Yes, sorry, you are correct. The Ich attack until I had rec'd the salt, then salt. I will use salt, sorry!

Don't be sorry.

When did they have the problem with ich?

It may be that the last time the treatment wasn't long enough to eradicate the ich, and so we will need to extend treatments this time.

Don't be sorry.

When did they have the problem with ich?

It may be that the last time the treatment wasn't long enough to eradicate the ich, and so we will need to extend treatments this time.

About a month ago. I treated for a week before coming to you guys for advice as I wasn't seeing any improvement with one fish in particular, then continued to treat.

Then the timing is about right for the re-emergence of the ich. Let's bring the salt up ASAP, and we will keep it there for about a month.

Prazi will not treat ich, but good old salt will. :)

Instead of getting aquarium salt, you could get Morton's Canning and Pickling salt at any grocery store, and start dosing the tank to 0.3% (3 teaspoons per gallon). When you do water changes, add back the salt that you take out. We will need to salt for about 3 weeks total.

I have aquarium salt for now, but will switch to the Morton's once I am out.

I will slowly bring the salinity of the tank up to 0.3% by adding 0.1% salt (75tsp) to water and adding the water to the tank every 12hrs or so.

Next week when I perform my 30% WC, I will have to add salt back. . . so 30% of .3%, again in 12 hrs increments. Repeat for 3 weeks.

Edited by cmsciulli