Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ralph

Yellowish Water

Guest ralph

halo everyone. :) got a question for u guys. my tank has been experiencing yellowish water. quite mild. and it is obvious only when my tank light is off. once it's on, the water looks fine. my water condition is good. my goldies didn't show any abnormal behaviour and they are feeding well. everything is fine juz tht the water appear alittle yellowish. so juz wanna know whether is the something wrong. :D

ranchu - 2in

black moor - 2in

comet A - 2in

comet B - 2in

tank - 18USgal

Guest tooterfish

hi

my thoughts.. not necessarily the answer

4 fish in an 18gal

fish = waste, water = ammonia, ammonia = yellow

does this discoloration continue to worsen (get darker) the longer you go without cleaning?

if it gets darker:

with the darker it gets, do you notice your fish yawning in the water, or gulping air from the top?

have you ever tested your ammonia level?

the color disipates when whate changes are done.

another thought

4fish in an 18gal

fish are hungry all the time (is a natural response, not real hunger)

you feed your fish a flake food that has coloring in the flakes to make it more appearling to humans, not fish

you feed a modest amount, to make sure everyone gets something

there may be leftover food that falls to the bottom of the tank, but the fish wil eat it later.

the coloring may be leeching into the water, affecting its clarity

food left to rot on the bottom of the tank = waste, waste = ammonia, ammonia = yellow (see above :) )

if neither of these thoughts fit. i can think some more on it :)

-tooter

I'd like an answer to this as well. I do 30% water changes every other day, and my 30 gallon tank (3 goldies) is ALWAYS cloudy, and the water is ALWAYS yellow. The parameters are good, but the cloudy water (and I mean it is NEVER clear) makes me nuts.

Kristi

we have well water and occasionally the stuff used to treat it causes it to have a yellow ish cast so maybe if u have well water that could be a cause?

We have city water. It's clear as crystal in my 20-gallon, but not in my 30-gallon. It's a cursed tank, but the fish are healthy.

Guest ralph

;) guess its kinda squeezy ya?..

um well i plan to give away the 2 comets and keep the other 2 fancies. i have read that comets and fancies don't make good roommates rite? okie back to my situation. the water turn yellowish afew days back. i have set up this tank about 6mths ago. the gf didn't actually yawn but they did swim up to the surface for air. but they don't do that everytime. i observed that they do that only when i'm near the tank. if i'm at a distance, they would normally swim around the different water levels (bottom, mid, surface) randomly. as for the area of feeding, they would finish their food within mins. :D um.. anythingeles <_< guess that's all for i can rem now. :hi

Guest Filmstar

Just adding my 2 cents...

I had a yellow issue at one point too - turned out that the driftwood (brought from a fish store) tinted the water. Didn't figure it out for the longest time. Pet store said it should go away after some time... nope never did! Threw the ###### wood out and ...(drum roll) clear water.

C. :happydance

Guest Bo_bo
:o My water is abit yellowish too, but not cloudy. I have 2 different types of anubias plants tied to wooden logs in the tank. Got no idea if the small logs are the cause of the yellowish condition. :( ...

Guest Filmstar

Sorry about the cursing - actually, I didn't know that word was a curse, and it got blotted out! Sorry all - no harm intended! :)