Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
yafashelli

Life is Beautiful! :)

I saw some major spawning in my tank this morning. I felt bad for my poor, huge Cleo, but I let them keep at it. When I looked about an hour later, the tank is COVERED in eggs. :) I don't think any of them are fertilized, but it's nice to dream. :)

I'm really glad I didn't force my sick self to clean the tank last night. :rofl

How long until I know whether they're fertilized, and when should I clean them up/move them to a new tank?

This is their first spawn ever. And newsflash: Pumpkin is a BOY. :rofl3

100_5445_zpsba2c0dde.jpg

100_5446_zpsaa86d036.jpg

100_5448_zpsb18b5fda.jpg

100_5450_zps76efee3c.jpg

100_5455_zpsfc0f3ed8.jpg

What's the above pic? Is this a fertilized egg? Near the green spot algae?

Edited by yafashelli

How exciting! I don't know anything about birthing fish babies but you might want to stick a spawning mop in their in case they do it again.

I had no idea! If I had, I would have put on some Barry White, and chilled some wine. :rofl

I had no idea! If I had, I would have put on some Barry White, and chilled some wine. :rofl

sounds like my kinda spawning! :ehh

Go Cleo! Hope she gets some rest after all the tender lovin'

sounds like my kinda spawning! :ehh

Go Cleo! Hope she gets some rest after all the tender lovin'

I don't think men are tender. Cal and Pumpkin will both be napping, right after they're through, and Cleo will be left feeling empty and unfulfilled. :rofl3

Poor thing is stuck in the Ozelot Sword, as we speak. They keep pushing her fatness into it, and it takes her a while to put it into full reverse, to get out. :rofl

:rofl oh my gosh you crack me up

I see a tooth lying on the tank bottom. Boy, you know they like it rough, if somebody knocks out a tooth!

Those men sure do like to get their women into a nice, leafy bed! Elvis did that to Clementine the other week and they destroyed my water sprite!

:rofl:Congrats:

If you want to try to save any of the eggs, you have to remove the adults, or the eggs, and then go from there. It's too soon to know if they are fertilized or not. :)

Aw congrats Tammy! Hopefully some will be fertilized and you'll get some babies out of it :D

:rofl:Congrats:

If you want to try to save any of the eggs, you have to remove the adults, or the eggs, and then go from there. It's too soon to know if they are fertilized or not. :)

Got a few words for you. NOM NOM NOM!

Aw congrats Tammy! Hopefully some will be fertilized and you'll get some babies out of it :D

I'm not really hoping for babies, but I think I may have some unintentional extra critters. More on that soon.

Snails. :P

Those men sure do like to get their women into a nice, leafy bed! Elvis did that to Clementine the other week and they destroyed my water sprite!

I've got pics. Hangon, be right back. lol!

This last pic, by the way... I think it's a snail! :o Where did it come from? :hmm Guess I'll be getting some cuttlebone. It's moving up the tank wall now; I see it about two inches from where it's photographed below.

100_5455_zpsfc0f3ed8.jpg

Edited by yafashelli

Ohhh! Baby snail! :P

You got friends hitching with the plants, too, I see. I have a little population of pond/pest snails in the 55 that I had given up trying to eradicate. :rofl

Congrats.

I put marbles in my first goldfish tank in case they ever bred and then they both turned out to be boys.

Ohhh! Baby snail! :P

:D

You got friends hitching with the plants, too, I see. I have a little population of pond/pest snails in the 55 that I had given up trying to eradicate. :rofl

Do I want to know how those little turds survived the bleach dips? :madrant

:rofl :rofl you guys all crack me up!

BTW, congrats on the spawning :D

:D Thank you! No more eggs; the tank is clean......the bottom is FULL OF EGGS AGAIN?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw baby snails ;3

:)

Congrats.

I put marbles in my first goldfish tank in case they ever bred and then they both turned out to be boys.

Cool! I never heard of marbles for breeding. What does that do? :)

I just cleaned my tank, less than an hour ago.

It is full of eggs again.

Someone is going to end up on the wrong side of a plate. :rofl

I caught frank and cow!! I was like stop!!!! Stop!!! I thought frank was a boy!! x)

Lol!

Ah, try to raise a few of them Tammy. Clearly, Newton will not be reproducing all alone in his tank.

Ah, try to raise a few of them Tammy. Clearly, Newton will not be reproducing all alone in his tank.

If I see any roaming around, I'll move them; otherwise, I'll just let them eat the eggs. It's their first spawn, so I'd imagine not much will come from it anyway.I'd love to have fry, but my husband, not so much. Anything that requires another tank is clearly evil. :rofl

There should be another round of eggs at least! :rofl

I don't know how the snails survive the bleach dips, but clearly they do. :o

Congrats.

I would like to know about this, too. Never heard of this. So, when you say she (the female goldfish) has lost her marbles, it has entirely new connotations! :rofl

Marbles protect eggs from egg scatterer parents who tend to eat their own eggs.