Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jmetzger72

Repashy SG Powder Shelf Life?

How long does the Repashy Solient Green powder keep once the package has been opened? I don't mean once you've made the gel. I am talking about the dry powder sealed away in a cool dark place. I feel like I read it's 18 months somewhere. But I can't find that info now. Thanks!

There should be an expiration date on each bag, but it should be around 2 years. :)

There should be an expiration date on each bag, but it should be around 2 years. :)

I don't see an expiration date on the bag. But I did mark the date when I opened it which was 1/16/13.

Hopefully I will have an answer for you soon. I fired off an email to Ted Judy, asking him. :)

Hopefully I will have an answer for you soon. I fired off an email to Ted Judy, asking him. :)

Thanks, Alex.

That Alex. He's got connections. :teehee

If by connections you mean that I pester people I don't know, then absolutely! :rofl

Anyway, Mr. Judy wrote back and said that the foods should last 18-24 months once opened, and longer if kept cool. :)

Bottom front of bag.. it should say the date

Bottom front of bag.. it should say the date

Yeah, I apparently have the only bag with no date...lol!

If by connections you mean that I pester people I don't know, then absolutely! :rofl

Anyway, Mr. Judy wrote back and said that the foods should last 18-24 months once opened, and longer if kept cool. :)

Great, I thought I remembered reading 18 months somewhere. Thanks for checking.

The expiration date is embossed on the seal at the top of the bag. Unfortunately, it gets ripped off when you open it. Jars have the expiration on the bottom of the jar on a small sticker. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have regarding Repashy Superfoods :). I can be reached directly at chris@tastyworms.com.

Edited by tastyworms

The expiration date is embossed on the seal at the top of the bag. Unfortunately, it gets ripped off when you open it. Jars have the expiration on the bottom of the jar on a small sticker. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have regarding Repashy Superfoods :). I can be reached directly at chris@tastyworms.com.

Thanks Chris. I must of tossed the Expiration date months ago when I opened the bag.

Apologies for bringing back to life an old post, but I was just about to make a batch of SG and the use by sticker says March 2014.

The jar has been opened, but the lid has always been kept on, can I definitely not still use it? 9 months isn't that long is it?

:(

Apologies for bringing back to life an old post, but I was just about to make a batch of SG and the use by sticker says March 2014.

The jar has been opened, but the lid has always been kept on, can I definitely not still use it? 9 months isn't that long is it?

:(

I would still use it hun :)

I would use it.