Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
katiehuggins

pea question/poop ques.

Ok, so I feed cow 2 peas a day, and he eats them just fine, I asked the lady at petco and she was highly awsomely greatly educated bravo! I asked her can I feed peas every day, and she said yes. But I feed cow peas every day now, and his poo is not brown, it is bright green!! I do not feed the shells of the peas, only the fiber nutritious center, scince I only feed 2, that would make 4 little circles... is green poo ok???

Does it mean overfeeding??

Green poo is from the peas- it passes through them which is why it is a good laxative. But if your fish does not have a constipation problem or a swim bladder problem you shouldn't need to feed daily

Does your fish have a swim bladder issue or constipation issue?

Is this the only thing you are feeding Cow?

As long as you also feed some fish food pellets every day, it's fine to feed peas every day. Just don't make it the only food for Cow. Green poop just means your fish is eating a lot of green food, you'd get the same results from feeding duckweed or green algae.

No he is not constipated,thats all I feed him... so make a switch to pellets and oeas got it thanks guys!!

No he is not constipated,thats all I feed him... so make a switch to pellets and oeas got it thanks guys!!

Yes, this is important. Peas alone won't do, but peas/pellets or peas/gel food would be absolutely fine. :)

Ok, thanks for your advice guys! :) I like it when the kokonuts help me with mah fishy questions!! x) lollol